Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
    thanks barbiecat :0)
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Barbie, thinking about you and Jake with the surgery.

All who are hurting, thinking of you too.

Anamika, good to see you back!
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Morning Ladies,

Cheri, so happy for you and your DH. Now you can relax. I love the house! I hope you enjoy it.

Joyce, I hope you will get used to your new plate soon. And so sorry you are still having problems with Charlie’s bag. Did ya’ll get the pros to look at it and show you what you could need to do differently? Maybe they put it too close to the belly button? p12003.gif I’m sure you are doing waaayyyyy better than I would be, so quit beating yourself up, My Friend. ((((Hugs))))

Re, I think lots of us would like the recipes so why don’t you just post them here. Anyone that’s not interested can skip over them. p0102.gif

Allie, I hate you couldn’t even keep the card for your trip just as a backup for emergencies. Tom is such a jewel. Why would you not be allowed to hang your bird house on a tree?

Barbie, sending prayers and good thoughts for you both for the trip and the surgery. (((Hugs)))

KJ, the article is a hoot. Thanks for the laugh. 7013.gif

Pip, I don’t care what place you end up in. You are #1 in our hearts. <3<3<3

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Our local college is in the finals of the college baseball championship for the entire country. It’s the first time they have even made it into the playoff, much less the finals. It is the best 2 out of 3 games and they did lose the first game, but we are very proud of them.
    Sending love and good thoughts to all of you and I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Day! 65.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Today I am with my DD that is in surgery now for dental implants. Some of you may remember she was kicked in her face by her horse. Hopefully her bone graft held and this surgery will be successful. All total I think this is her ninth and still not done yet.

Barbie - I am hoping that you have safe travels. I will be praying for Jake and a successful surgery and quick recovery. (((Hugs))) to you and Jake.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    Options
    awww thanks damnit
  • pipcd34
    Options
    AWESOME SAUCEEEEEEEE cityjanelondon!!!

thanks to drkatiebug for the donation!!!!!!!! u rock!!!!!!!!
  • melaniemetoyer
    melaniemetoyer Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well with each of you.....what would cause one to neither lose nor gain ANYTHING over the course of one week. Perhaps I should be happy for no gain :) The only thing I've done differently is I was unable to do ANY walking last week. Please advise...

Thanks,

Melanie in Baton Rouge
  • freidaws
    freidaws Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies! Been off the grid for a few days but have stayed steady on my Keto diet plan. This is the first time that I've been able to lose weight and not be hungry. I've done everything to lose weight, including a vertical banded gastroplasty in the 1980s, a gastric bypass in 2006 after which I had to have a revision surgery to correct a "blown" intestine. I was over 400 lbs., lost 140 and over the years have gained back 38 pounds. I have now taken 25 pounds of that 38 pounds off. Yay. I actually had about 250 pounds to lose, but surgery isn't the end all some people think it is. So, this time I set my goal at losing 124 pounds and I honestly believe I'm going to succeed. I want to retire in two years and be healthy. My husband is really supportive and reads all labels when he goes food shopping and does everything he can to help....EXCEPT talk about my weighing on the scales. He thinks I should just weigh one time per week which I do, and that day I log (Sunday) the results, but I just can't help stepping up on those babies in the morning to keep track of my weight. And, because I'm so excited about my diet, of course I comment positively or negatively, according to the number and this morning....the first day in 44 days.....he exclaims that I am OBSESSED! with the scales. "What crawled up you, you old Geezer????", I asked him. And he told me that he was tired of me talking about weighing! Well, excuse the heck outa me! I'm excited! And, yes, I know that if I weighed 3 times a day (I don't, just once) that it could result in a different weight every time. I told him he hurt my feelings and tried to look a little wistful, but in my mind I vowed to make him hear me talk about weighing twice as much! He's probably hungry. I haven't cooked a normal meal in 44 days, only making low carb recipes. He has to eat a low fat diet due to his stomach issues and he's still dealing with some post chemotherapy issues, so he pretty much fixes his own sides, but I prepare the main protein dish. Unfortunately he saw me make some "candy" Sunday evening and yesterday when I got ready to pop them out of the molds, 2 were gone. I asked him if he went out and got them. He told me I needed more "sweetener" in that candy. I said NO! THEY ARE FAT BOMBS! That's not candy. Well, too late; he and the toilet were best friends!

On that note, I have to sign off. I have a weekly Tuesday PM meeting (We call it case staffing) A bunch of lawyers discussing the cases they are too lazy to take. Best wishes to all of you!

Joyce my heart goes out to you. It will get better.

Later!
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,775 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Barbie ... Praying for you and Jake.

Anamika ... Nice to see you again!

Allie ... Sigh ...

NYKaren ... Did your daughter pick Geneseo? I don't get the privilege of spending a night on campus for son's July orientation ... Shucks! I'll be staying with friends who live nearby ... In air conditioning! Of course, his dorm is air conditioned ... A necessity in Nashville.

Cooler hear today. Going to tackle some yard work.

Beth near Buffalo

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,775 Member
    Options
    Shoot phone won't let me edit ... I do know the difference between hear and here ...
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies;

Yes - the soil around here is too full of sticky clay to build basements... and with the expansion and contraction of said clay in the temperature extremes, the basements would just be giant jagged cracks of cement around a big hole full of water, anyway... so no basements. The slabs "float" on the moving ground - which makes for less home repairs.

And for those who are concerned about tornados... I have lived in TX for something like 15 yrs... I have only seen a little dust devil anywhere close by... Even when there have been "warnings" I have never seen a tornado anywhere close. I am not saying it could never happen - I have seen pictures of downtown Dallas from several years back... but, so far, my odds are holding pretty steady. I will take my chances.

I am having "one of those days." I got up this morning, after clipping the snooze button one time too many - put my beef stew into the crockpot, fed my DH Breakfast, and realized I didn't have enough time to make it to the gym and still have time to hit city hall and pay my speeding ticket... so - the gym clothes went into a bag to bring with me...

But, I was so focused on getting out of the house early enough to pay my ticket that I failed to grab a lunch out of the fridge, I waltzed out without coffee, and I didn't even grab anything to drink. *sigh*

So, I paid my fine, and trundled into work. We have a fully operational cafeteria downstairs - but nothing - not one thing - looked good or sounded good besides salad.

"Salad? That's not so bad, right?" Uh.. it is the way I do it. For me, Salad has NEVER been diet food. I can hardly call some greens in a bowl salad... oh no. It has to have greens, meat, beans, veg, cheese, nuts, croutons, fruit... the whole 9 yards. DANG. Even what I consider to be a fairly moderate amount of salad came out to 1300 calories when it was all said and done. An ounce of this, an ounce of that - it all adds up. Now, it DID hit the spot.... I do love a salad with everything but the kitchen sink in it... but, now I am going to have to be SURE to hit the gym on my way home... or that crusty roll I have saved to eat with my stew with throw me out of caloric nirvana. Oh well. I wanted to, anyway. Now I just HAVE to. I suppose it's all for the best, anyway.

In any event, the ticket is paid, lunch has been accomplished and I am back to the salt mines for the rest of the day. Thank goodness I have some crystal light handy and some Chai Tea in my desk drawer, or I might blow away like a dried out husk.

I will happily send the crock-pot recipes to whomever would like to have them - but, I am hesitant to take up so much room posting half a dozen recipe's here... just message me if you want them.

:]

Re in TX
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    @IremiaRe I did try to send you a message but for some reason could not. You could try sending me a message and see if it would work that direction, I would like the crock pot recipes, thanks.

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    Options
    ?
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    There is a weird glitch here in MFP... or so it would seem. If you click on the name of the person, and try to send a message - you just get "username" in the address bar. You actually have to click on the name - and then click on the name in the pop up to the page that offers you "send a message" "add as a friend" and "view diary."

I thought it was just me...

:]

Re in TX
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Allie, all I can do is to give you a big hug.

Barbie, I wish you and Jake all the best in his surgery, your driving, recovery, etc. You will probably get some of the staff on a good diet and exercise program by the time he is discharged.

It was last night close to midnight we discovered we had another bag fail. So this afternoon around 2 he found it again. Not even 24 hours. His bag wasn't the only thing that blew up today, I did also. He just lays there and lets me do the whole thing. And eh complained how he got poo on his fingers and that's how he found it was leaking. So after I got it all changed, I just blew up and told him that he could do things to help me like get the wet paper towels ready, take some of our sample bags and pre-cut a hole in them. He wasn't wanting to call the ostomy nurse saying that I was doing fine. I just lost it with that one. A little over 12 hours for a bag to be on without leaking, that is OK. All the irritation on his skin and the pain he is now in, that is doing fine? So he has now called the stomy nurse and made an appointment, can't get it until Thursday, and is sitting with his chubby fingers and pre-cutting several bags. Oh, I also ate 2 brownies and a bag of chocolate chip cookies.

Anamika, glad to see you back.

Joyce, Indiana
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    ✔️
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    Joyce <3 I wish I could give you a hug in person. You sure have a challenge with Charlie <3
  • pipcd34
    Options
    \
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Joyce ~ Sometimes you just have to blow up! LOL Sometimes that's the only way the DH's finally get it. Hugs.

Barbie ~ Best wishes for you and Jake on the surgery.

Pip ~ You go girl!

Painted the dining room, entry, hallway, and half the kitchen in the rental house today. Must have climbed up and down the ladder 100 times. Knees and calves are aching like crazy. Feel like I'm getting too old to do this! Hate that I bought Glidden paint that is supposed to cover stains. It looks like it's going to take two coats. We decided the renters had a food fight in the dining room.

Carol