"Totally Tall" Women of MFP (5'9" and up) Open Group

Options

Replies

• faithfitnessandnutrition
    Options
    I am trying to get back to what worked for me before.. running and then doing pushups, situps and mini-kickboxing moves in an hour workout seemed to help melt the pounds off.. so I am slowly getting back into the groove.. I hate burpees but I will get them done. today is my rest day but tomorrow I will be back at it..
  • LadyPHX
    LadyPHX Posts: 52
    Options
    Hi everyonee.:smile: I kind of found this group by accident. I was looking for a womens' group and ended up scrolling through pages of other groups. I am 5'9" and finding clothes stinks especially pants. I always size up one not due to gut (although that has to GO), it's mainly my giant thighs. I feel at home on MFP period, as I felt like I was trapped in a video game on SparkPeople, and the last kid picked on WW. So, here I go. I am determined to do this, because the weight (~45 lbs) must go.
    Options
    Good morning, sorry for the multiple post above, I was trying to figure out how to do the quote and realized it posted multiple times... got up this morning as much as I wanted to stay in bed and went for a 4.4 mile run, got back and did 30 burpees.. so they are done!! did some push ups, sit ups, crab walks, etc; now I can take a guilt free nap :) Hope everyone has a great 4th!!
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow tall people!! I'm 5'9" and after reading through this thread I've come to realise I actually have very small feet...I'm a UK 6 which I guess is about an 8 or 9 US??
  • Eshathediva
    Options
    Hello all the tall fab ladies
    Im 5'10" and greatful for the trend of skinny jeans that look cute with a lil cuff at the bottom and a pair of 4 or 5 inch heels. I've always loved my height. One pet peeve is the weight loss. 20 pounds gone means my face looks a little smaller and my collar bone shows a little more. Good to know so many tall ladies share the same concerns but we rock!
    Options
    3.2 mile run, circuit training and 15 burpees done!!
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    5'10" and secure with it! :)

knoll630 Does your town have a Maurice's? They have their name brand as well as Silver's (my fave) for long legs like us! :)

LOVE Silver jeans! Expensive but overly long and I am 6'2"-growing up I just bought men's jeans-haha, that was in the 80's tho. This post is a great idea-I love being tall. The only thing that bugs me is that the size 7 1/2 shoes that they always use for display are always so cute-until I put on the size 11-not so cute:)
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    aggggggggggh!! burpees!!

Yes I came up with the challenge but it doesn't mean its something I find easy. Believe me I don't. I'm a firm believer of the saying: what is good for you may not always be good to you.

Lets get them done my tall beauties!!
  • LadyPHX
    Options
    Did 4 burpees through TurboFire. The HRM showed up from Amazon and I hope it will make a difference for me.
    11 more to.go. :)
  • fozziewaca
    fozziewaca Posts: 66
    Options
    Did 15 burpees yesterday but it seemed to aggravate my sciatica :(

Going to try working my way up to 2 minutes of jumping jacks instead :D
  • fozziewaca
    fozziewaca Posts: 66
    Options
    Did 4 burpees through TurboFire. The HRM showed up from Amazon and I hope it will make a difference for me.

Hey CurlyCole, what kind of HRM did you get? Good job on those burpees!!
  • RussianLynx
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and my next tallest friend is 5'2". I know exactly how you feel.

Plus, I have orange hair, so I really stand out. One of these things is not like the others...
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Ugh. 40 pound loss and I'm still only down 2 sizes from what I was originally. I feel like if I was 5'4", I would have been down *at least* 4 sizes with this amount lost.

Ah well, just gotta keep trucking. It's looking like I'll have more to lose than the initial 60. :-/
  • LadyPHX
    Options

Hey CurlyCole, what kind of HRM did you get? Good job on those burpees!!

Oh, I have a Polar FT140. I got it off Amazon. It was pricey, but it will be worth it in the long run. I end up inhaling fire after these workouts, and I need to know if I am actually burning anything, or just really out of shape.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Just completed Level 1 day 5 of 30 DS and week 1 day 2 of C25K. I am so totally motivated to get in shape. I actually worked out at 1030 last night because I did not want to get behind on my schedule!!! Now, if I can just get my husband off his butt!!!!
  • mwatson23
    mwatson23 Posts: 18
    Options
    So excited to have found this group! I'm 6'1" and so good to read what others with our lengthy gift are dealing with.
  • CoastieGMWife
    Options
    Just had to share with you ladies, weighed in today and the scale said 179.4. I'm finally back in normal BMI range! (And I did 20 push ups last night ;) )
    That is fantastic. Hope you're staying with us as inspiration! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Thanks Ladies! I will definatly be staying around, just had to enjoy the holiday weekend with my hubby <3

BFit40- Looking at your ticker aren't you already in normal BMI range? We're the same height and have almost the same goals!
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Did 15 burpees yesterday but it seemed to aggravate my sciatica :(

Going to try working my way up to 2 minutes of jumping jacks instead :D

Oh yeah...stop. Make sure you are stretching real good. At least 15 minutes. I felt mine yesterday when I was doing my HIIT workout.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Ugh. 40 pound loss and I'm still only down 2 sizes from what I was originally. I feel like if I was 5'4", I would have been down *at least* 4 sizes with this amount lost.

Ah well, just gotta keep trucking. It's looking like I'll have more to lose than the initial 60. :-/

I feel ya!! They lose 40 they go from a size 20 to a size 4. We go from a size 20 to a size 16...NOT FAIR! :tongue:
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and my next tallest friend is 5'2". I know exactly how you feel.

Plus, I have orange hair, so I really stand out. One of these things is not like the others...

awwwww and orange hair. My daughter would love you. She loves everyone with orange/red hair lol