Did you lose your Lover/Spouse/S.O AFTER you loss weight???

Options

Replies

• Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    STLBADGIRL wrote: »
    I really hoped losing weight would make me more attractive to my husband but it hasn't helped. He's not the only reason I'm losing but I'm heartbroken it hasn't worked. I just want to be desired by him.

I don't know how I overlooked this. This tugged at my heartstrings. The first thing that came to my mind was for you to pray for your husband. Continue your weightloss journey (because staying focused on a goal is sexy in itself). But there could be other demanding issues that he is dealing with (finances, job, kids, etc.) that could affect him and come off as him not being attracted to you! Build your confidence, self worth and self esteem. Hugs!

Thank you for your kind words. Sadly he's just not attracted to me, he told me recently that he never desired me (even when we met before three children and weight gain) I'm devastated but I'm determined to reach my goal, 24lbs to go to healthy weight on bmi, I want to be healthy and a good role model for my children and to feel better about myself even if I can't be sexy for my husband.

This is very hard to read. I'm confused as to why he would marry you if he didn't find you attractive. That was really mean of him to say. Hang in there Hun and continue your mission of being a awesome Role Model to your kids.

He has recently told me he is asexual. He loves me but doesn't desire me. He thinks I'm attractive but in a platonic way. I'm so sad about it but it explains a lot over the years. We are definitely at a crossroads in our relationship and I'm not at all sure it will survive. Losing weight hasn't helped but then, it wouldn't, but that's what he told me before he confessed to his asexuality. He married me because he loved me in his way and wanted a family. Thank you for the support, I appreciate it, I can do with all the support I can get, after all, who can I talk to in real life about it!

Sorry that's abusive. He should not have married you if he wasn't attracted to you, period. And he could at least discussed it with you before he asked you. He married you for selfish reasons and didn't think how it would affect you. I'm sorry.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Kind of a polar opposite. I'm going through a divorce NOW because I gained too much weight for her standard and she got a boyfriend who was younger, skinnier and better in bed......as so I was told.

waiting for someone to call this "abusive" . . .
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Kind of a polar opposite. I'm going through a divorce NOW because I gained too much weight for her standard and she got a boyfriend who was younger, skinnier and better in bed......as so I was told.
    Geez. I'm sorry to hear this. That was pretty cold. Damn.
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    I really hoped losing weight would make me more attractive to my husband but it hasn't helped. He's not the only reason I'm losing but I'm heartbroken it hasn't worked. I just want to be desired by him.

I don't know how I overlooked this. This tugged at my heartstrings. The first thing that came to my mind was for you to pray for your husband. Continue your weightloss journey (because staying focused on a goal is sexy in itself). But there could be other demanding issues that he is dealing with (finances, job, kids, etc.) that could affect him and come off as him not being attracted to you! Build your confidence, self worth and self esteem. Hugs!

Thank you for your kind words. Sadly he's just not attracted to me, he told me recently that he never desired me (even when we met before three children and weight gain) I'm devastated but I'm determined to reach my goal, 24lbs to go to healthy weight on bmi, I want to be healthy and a good role model for my children and to feel better about myself even if I can't be sexy for my husband.

This is very hard to read. I'm confused as to why he would marry you if he didn't find you attractive. That was really mean of him to say. Hang in there Hun and continue your mission of being a awesome Role Model to your kids.

He has recently told me he is asexual. He loves me but doesn't desire me. He thinks I'm attractive but in a platonic way. I'm so sad about it but it explains a lot over the years. We are definitely at a crossroads in our relationship and I'm not at all sure it will survive. Losing weight hasn't helped but then, it wouldn't, but that's what he told me before he confessed to his asexuality. He married me because he loved me in his way and wanted a family. Thank you for the support, I appreciate it, I can do with all the support I can get, after all, who can I talk to in real life about it!
    I didn't know what asexual was until this post. I hate to say this, but I think it is very selfish of him to marry you knowing he knew he was asexual. You are in a marriage and ultimately you will have to figure out if being in this marriage for the long haul will give you joy and peace, or like the OP stated, figure out a way to get intimacy out of your marriage that is satisfying to you. And although you might want to be desirable to him, focus on getting to a place where you are truly happy internally. You can only control you, not someone else. But again, I am sending you plenty of internet hugs! Oh, and I am happy that you were able to get that off your chest here.

• Pterod
    Pterod Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thank you STLBADGIRL I didn't know what it was before he told me either. I appreciate the support here, that's really kind.
  • Pterod
    Pterod Posts: 131 Member
    Options

How are you feeling Kevin? I'm sorry this happened to you.

• STLBADGIRL
    Options
    Hello All - I'm back to check on everyone's well being! Stay strong, stay on the grind, keep your goals and most def. keep the hustle in you to attack your weight loss and overall personal goals! Goooooooooo get'em!!!

@bearbugbear - Keep your head up, stay in the game, no matter the situation! Choose joy and healthy decisions!
    @KevinPsalm23v4 - Thinking about you buddy! People say and do mean things. But you can only control you and your thoughts. Don't let someone else's negative views penetrate. Stay in the game. Keep improving yourself and attacking your goals!
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    i left my ex after i lost weight. but it had nothing to do with my weight - it had to do with him being an abusive, controlling, manipulative, sociopathic *kitten*.

Wow! But kudos for you for recognizing it and choosing a better path for yourself! Hurt people hurt people...
  • brianbgboy
    brianbgboy Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    my ex left me for stupid reasons but is now asking to come back home. im so not looking forward to dating and haven't had success finding anyone new so maybe ill let her back home and fake my way through the rest of my days... this is miserable!
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    brianbgboy wrote: »
    my ex left me for stupid reasons but is now asking to come back home. im so not looking forward to dating and haven't had success finding anyone new so maybe ill let her back home and fake my way through the rest of my days... this is miserable!
    Is this ex the same one that left after 19 years of marriage?
  • brianbgboy
    Options
    yep. that's the one...
  • jayhelm078
    jayhelm078 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yeahhhh this is happening currently now.... Hates "who I've become" I'm the same guy just eat different and work out
  • brianbgboy
    Options
    jayhelm078 wrote: »
    Yeahhhh this is happening currently now.... Hates "who I've become" I'm the same guy just eat different and work out
    I know what you mean! its just crazy!
  • ElleBellesTheoBear
    ElleBellesTheoBear Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    This makes me sad. I hope my relationship gets better after my weightloss journey!
  • brianbgboy
    Options
    saraht4392 wrote: »
    This makes me sad. I hope my relationship gets better after my weightloss journey!
    I hope it does for you as well! I thought it would for me but after 19 years, I lost over 200 lbs and poof, she left me...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    brianbgboy wrote: »

Well, do you love her?
  • brianbgboy
    Options
    I will always love her as we have a son together. just not in love with her after all this...