Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Lessons I’ve learned on MFP (Chit Chat/Fun & Games):

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    oh and as mentioned before I learned of some neat new music I'd have never known about
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,818 Member
    I've learned that "kitten" is my new favorite word thanks to MFP.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    edited September 2016
    People aren't very good at approaching things in a diplomatic way to prevent unnecessary conflict. And for some reason people like to derail lgbt threads by making rude comments (though recently seems to have improved). They call that fun. But, then they don't like when people are just happy fun personality types. Fun = grumpy apparently.

But, in the early days on mfp I learned about Bret Contreras and Strong Curves and The New Rules of Lifting for Life (I like that one better than the women book).
  • candiinprogress
    candiinprogress Posts: 7,883 Member
    I have learned that even if guys start to PM you in a genuine chatty and friendly manner, it will almost always turn south...
  • synchkat
    Ive lots of awesome guys. should I send some your way
  • candiinprogress
    edited September 2016
    synchkat wrote: »
    Ive lots of awesome guys. should I send some your way

Please do
    I have learned that even if guys start to PM you in a genuine chatty and friendly manner, it will almost always turn south...

Not always. There are some good nice guys out there who are good real people and genuine.

Must just be the ones I attract then haha. I generally start convos to actually chat and get to know a person in a friendly manner.
  • synchkat
    I'm super duper chatty. I have lots of amazing friends who aren't forum people who are really amazing people.
  • synchkat
    omg do you people want good guys? Look out of the forums, I have a bunch of amazing guy friends
  • BinaryPulsar
    I definitely have some good guy friends here. And I have also learned to be cautious on mfp.
  • synchkat
    you're a dancer that makes you like 1000% cooler than like most other mfpers here.

but ya caution is a necessity but Ive some amazing women and men friends
  • BinaryPulsar
    edited September 2016
    you're a dancer that makes you like 1000% cooler than like most other mfpers here.

but ya caution is a necessity but Ive some amazing women and men friends

Me? Aaaw, thanks! I love that you skate!!! I have good guy and gal friends too.
  • Gots2Bfitter
    Gots2Bfitter Posts: 741 Member
    Lessons I've learned:
    You're not that special so don't go there
  • candiinprogress
    omg do you people want good guys? Look out of the forums, I have a bunch of amazing guy friends

We are just discussing things we've learned and different types of people. I have a bunch of amazing friends as well. Many do not frequent the forums.

I don't. I want some :tongue:
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Some don't get the point of the fun and games part . 12 months and you will see all types
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    That you get called beautiful , gorgeous and lovely..but they don't mean it. They just don't remember your name :/

:D
  • Gots2Bfitter
    Gots2Bfitter Posts: 741 Member
    MFP = my fantasy partnership
  • synchkat
    That you get called beautiful , gorgeous and lovely..but they don't mean it. They just don't remember your name :/

:D

ummm...I don't remember most name Clair????