30 day plank challenge starting 5th Sept

Options

Replies

• DebbieNeedham1
    DebbieNeedham1 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    fitnactive wrote: »
    I think today was day 11 for me. I'm losing track :). Tomorrow will be my scary jump to 90 seconds (or the closest I can get)!

Dont worry if u cant do it in one go - I tried and failed!!!! And I am not the only one - the jump is pretty huge!! so we have said if we can do that amount in total - even if it takes us a couple of goes to total the amount - cos at the end of the day - that's what counts!!!
  • fitnactive
    fitnactive Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Made it through day 12! I've been working on some other core exercises for a few months now and I feel like I'm finally making progress. A few months ago I tried a plank and could do 10-15 seconds at a time before needing a rest. All our work does add up!!
  • DebbieNeedham1
    Options
    Day 14 - struggled a bit today so had to break it down - managed 40secs, 30 secs, 20 secs and 2 x 15 secs - total 120 secs.. Hopefully will manage to increase the time tomorrow
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Great job @DebbieNeedham1 !

Day 14 done 1 90 second plank!
  • DebbieNeedham1
    Options
    Great job @DebbieNeedham1 !

Day 14 done 1 90 second plank!

WOW!!!!!! well done u!!!!! wooop wooop!!! proud of u hun!!! o:)o:)o:)
  • gw186
    gw186 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Day 14 done, 90 seconds. Lost track of the days and thought today was the rest day. Being I thought yesterday was the day before rest I decided to go for it and max out time. Manged 130 seconds, which is about a 60% increase from day 1. Good progress for 2 weeks time!
  • DebbieNeedham1
    Options
    gw186 wrote: »
    Day 14 done, 90 seconds. Lost track of the days and thought today was the rest day. Being I thought yesterday was the day before rest I decided to go for it and max out time. Manged 130 seconds, which is about a 60% increase from day 1. Good progress for 2 weeks time!

wow - well done!!!!
  • DebbieNeedham1
    Options
    Day 15 - really struggled again today - worse than yesterday - don't understand why. Still I managed 90 secs all beit broken down somewhat!! Hope that I start making progress in the right way again.. :(
  • Joanna2012B
    Options
    Day 15 done! @DebbieNeedham1 I found closing my eyes and focusing on slowing my breathing helped get through the entire 90 seconds. If I watch the clock I struggle more. Worth a try! Still doing great my friend!!!
  • Pandora1404
    Pandora1404 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to sound stupid but I have no idea what is meant by plank challenge? Can someone explain please?
  • DebbieNeedham1
    Options
    Day 15 done! @DebbieNeedham1 I found closing my eyes and focusing on slowing my breathing helped get through the entire 90 seconds. If I watch the clock I struggle more. Worth a try! Still doing great my friend!!!

Thanks hun - will try that tomorrow! and WELL DONE!!! you are doing amazing!!!! x
  • DebbieNeedham1
    Options
    I am sorry to sound stupid but I have no idea what is meant by plank challenge? Can someone explain please?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=how+to+do+a+plank+exercise+correctly&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=ItzfV97QDbHA8gfwxp2IBQ

Hi Pandora - the above link should help you with the plank technique - the challenge is on page 1 of this feed - hope that helps - if not just ask :)
  • fitnactive
    fitnactive Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Day 14 done!
  • DebbieNeedham1
    Options
    Dy 16 done - but not in one go - still struggling - it's my arms not the core - not giving up though - will keep going even if I need to break the total down into sets I will still hit the goal for each day!!
  • Joanna2012B
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Day 16 done 120 seconds. @DebbieNeedham1 try dropping your knees while maintaining the strength in your core. You are done no soooo awesome!!!
  • DebbieNeedham1
    Options
    @Joanna2012B - WOW you are doing AMAZING!!! yeah that's good thinking - I must remember that I have ME and am not as strong as I was - I need to take it steady
  • DebbieNeedham1
    Options
    @Joanna2012B - took your advice - managed 90 secs in one - then a 2nd of 30 to make it to 120 total - so day 17 done.. really felt it in my core - so going to continue like this to build up my strength.. will work at building up my time - total of 150 secs tomoz!! Bring it on lol!!! ;)
  • Joanna2012B
    Options
    Day 17 120 seconds done ✅
    @DebbieNeedham1 I am so glad that helped!! Now look back on where you started and see just how far you have come! I am so proud of you my friend!! :)
  • DebbieNeedham1
    Options
    Day 17 120 seconds done ✅
    @DebbieNeedham1 I am so glad that helped!! Now look back on where you started and see just how far you have come! I am so proud of you my friend!! :)

likewise!!! think we might be the only ones left in the challenge lol!!! Whereabouts are you?? I am in South West Wales UK..
  • Joanna2012B
    Options
    LOL...I was thinking the same thing today!! I am in Ontario, Canada!!