What's your goals for today?

Options

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Sairzie wrote: »
    Monday Goals

1. Attend Spinning and Aqua Aerobics class this evening .....nope! Cancelled it to pack for moving house!
    2. Stick to calorie goals...nope!
    3. Drink plenty....probably not!
    4. Get an early night....nope!
    5. Update my journal....yes!!!

Tuesday Goals

1. Find time for a relaxing bath
    2. Exercise
    3. Calorie goals
    4. Early night

I second the relaxing bath! I need one with some Epsom salts and a touch of lavender oil. <3
  • jenilla1
    Options
    Sunday - weights day - increased load; really pushed myself. :D

Monday - I failed to get to the gym because I was still exhausted and sore from weights. (Don't want to overtrain and do harm so decided to rest instead.) :s All other nutritional and sleep goals met.

Tuesday - biking - still wasn't feeling it, but husband dragged me out into nature for mountain biking, where surprisingly, I totally rocked the trails! Now going to try @Sairzie's relaxing bath idea and see how my sore muscles like that! Also, the extra calorie burn means I'm going to bake some peanut butter cookies! Best part about exercising: surplus calories!!! B)

Wednesday - Incline walk on treadmill. Hope I can handle it. I've been going pretty hard lately...
  • bluecat86
    bluecat86 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goals:
    -complete day 2 of "butt challenge" ✅
    -start day 1 of arm challenge✅
    -no trail mix✅
    -stay at or below calories... If only food didn't taste so good: NOPE. :disappointed:

Wednesday goals:
    -complete daily arm and butt challenge
    -go for a walk
    -4 cups of veggies

Keep going everyone! Your 'wins' help inspire me to do the same and to have more green check marks than sad faces!!!

• bluecat86
    Options
    Great job with the exercising @jenilla1 !!
  • jenilla1
    Options
    bluecat86 wrote: »
    Great job with the exercising @jenilla1 !!

Thanks! B)

Keep up the "butt challenge" and let us know when you see results.
  • jenilla1
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »

Monday - I failed to get to the gym because I was still exhausted and sore from weights. (Don't want to overtrain and do harm so decided to rest instead.) :s All other nutritional and sleep goals met.

Tuesday - biking - still wasn't feeling it, but husband dragged me out into nature for mountain biking, where surprisingly, I totally rocked the trails! Now going to try @Sairzie's relaxing bath idea and see how my sore muscles like that! Also, the extra calorie burn means I'm going to bake some peanut butter cookies! Best part about exercising: surplus calories!!! B)

Wednesday - Incline walk on treadmill. Hope I can handle it. <-- (Handled it.) I've been going pretty hard lately...

Thursday - weights day
  • bluecat86
    Options
    Wednesday goals:
    -complete daily arm and butt challenge✅
    -go for a walk✅ 60 minutes while carrying baby!
    -4 cups of veggies✅

Thursday goals:
    -stay within calorie goals
    -foot massage
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    today's goal was getting on the elliptical at 5:30 this morning...and I did it!! yeah for me!
  • dcglobalgirl
    dcglobalgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I've been doing really well at working out every morning and staying under my calories and this morning I bailed on my workout so my goal is to get back on track, even if it's just the minimum.

Goals:
    complete 30 minutes on treadmill (either at lunchtime or immediately after work)
    make good choices and eat a reasonable amount at lunch (I've been invited to a Thai restaurant so need to watch the quantity more than anything)
    log everything
  • bluecat86
    Options
    Thursday goals:
    -stay within calorie goals✅
    -foot massage-nope

Friday goals:
    -ice wrist at least 2x
    -non-food/exercise goal: reach out to at least 3 friends who I haven't talked with recently

• tbolashana
    tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Thursday goals:
    -foot massage-nope

Friday goals:
    -ice wrist at least 2x
    -non-food/exercise goal: reach out to at least 3 friends who I haven't talked with recently

@bluecat86

I love your non food goal!
  • tbolashana
    Options
    tbolashana wrote: »
    Weights day done, although I'm not quite where I wanted to be on protein intake...yet. I really pushed myself today and I'm already feeling quite sore, so I've vetoed my planned trail run for tomorrow morning. I'll just hike instead. If I take my elderly dogs along it will be more like a rest day, so that's my new goal for tomorrow: "Resting" slowly along the trail with my old dogs. B)

@jenilla1

I LOVE how your rest day is still very active!!! I can't wait to be physically where you are!!!

How'd your rest go?? Lol

This is the first time I've been able to log into the forums in days. It's been locked up for me, but they fixed it and I'm back. Glad so many people were on here getting things done while I was out!

The rest went well. Since then I've been biking and hiking and doing weights as usual. On Friday I had my first mountain biking crash of my adult life. I've been doing this for a few years now with no incidents. I wasn't paying attention, running my mouth on the trail as usual, and hit a boulder while going up a steep incline. So I forgot what brakes are for and slid back down the hill, and crashed in slow motion. It was a soft fall with a surprisingly comfortable landing. It was way less traumatic than I expected it would be. I have some bruises and scrapes but I'm not sore at all! Now that I've gotten that first crash out of the way, I guess I'm ready to get crazy on the trail!

Today is weights day!
    735nr8jwolz8.jpg

@jenilla1

:lol::D YOU HAD ME LITERALLY LOL!!! WITH THAT PICTURE!

at first I was concerned : :o , then dying laughing!!! :joy:

I'm happy you're alright :smile:

I've been m.i.n.a. (missing in non-action). I worked out only the one day, but I was getting a lot of steps in so I guess that's not too bad. I'm going to make it up the next 3 days to make my goal of 4 days. Why do I always wait for the last minute. Smh... :s
  • jenilla1
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @jenilla1

I've been m.i.n.a. (missing in non-action). I worked out only the one day, but I was getting a lot of steps in so I guess that's not too bad. I'm going to make it up the next 3 days to make my goal of 4 days. Why do I always wait for the last minute. Smh... :s

I recently read somewhere that procrastination is NOT laziness. It is simply a fear of taking action. It's common among perfectionists. Sometimes we'd rather not do anything than risk not doing it just right. It helps to think of this mantra: "Good enough is good enough." Don't over-think it. Even if things aren't perfect, just getting something done is better than doing nothing and feeling bad about it!

Glad you're getting your steps in! :)
  • jenilla1
    Options
    Met most goals for the past few days:

Sleep and protein goals met.
    Didn't get weights done, but instead did incline treadmill on Wed. and Thurs., then Fri. was mountain biking. Swimming in sister's pool tomorrow. Feeling lazy...
  • bluecat86
    Options
    @jenilla1

I recently read somewhere that procrastination is NOT laziness. It is simply a fear of taking action. It's common among perfectionists. Sometimes we'd rather not do anything than risk not doing it just right. It helps to think of this mantra: "Good enough is good enough." Don't over-think it. Even if things aren't perfect, just getting something done is better than doing nothing and feeling bad about it!

Love "getting something done is better than doing nothing and feeling bad about it" !! Such a good way to look at something, especially with exercise and food goals!
  • bluecat86
    Options
    Thursday goals:
    -foot massage-nope

Friday goals:
    -ice wrist at least 2x

@bluecat86

I love your non food goal!

@tbolashana

I realized that having better emotional/mental health helps keep me on track with eating/exercising... So I think I'll keep adding non food goals too :)
  • bluecat86
    Options
    Friday goals:
    -ice wrist at least 2x✅
    -non-food/exercise goal: reach out to at least 3 friends who I haven't talked with recently✅

Saturday goals:
    -ice wrist at least 3x
    -try to limit the unhealthy snacks and pack some healthy options instead
    -no soda
  • tbolashana
    Options
    @jenilla1

@jenilla1

Thank you for your response. I know that I am a perfectionist and that's why I can't attempt things some times but it is always nice to get a reminder that GOOD ENOUGH IS GOOD ENOUGH!! I should get a tattoo with this mantra.

PS... I'm still laughing at that picture. :D
  • tbolashana
    Options
    So my goal for this week was to work out 4 days and I'm giving myself up until Sunday to complete. 2 down 4 to go. I plan on doing something before I go to sleep to make it 3.
  • tbolashana
    Options

Wednesday - Incline walk on treadmill. Hope I can handle it. <-- (Handled it.) I've been going pretty hard lately...

Thursday - weights day

@jenilla1 peanut butter cookes and @Sairzie a bath sounds great too!! What about peanut butter cookies while taking a bath? ;):wink: :blush: