Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Today I was in the Grocery Outlet & bought myself a Diet Mountain Dew. Normally I would have beat myself up for failing at a goal, but it was nice to know that I had went two-three months without drinking a soda. It was just as good as I remembered, but the nice thing was that I didn't even think about buying a few cases of soda when I went to Wal-Mart. Will I go back to buying a soda everyday? No because the prices are ridiculous for a 20 ounce cold soda & I have found great replacements with the Mio water enhancers, Jolly Rancher flavorings, & Hawaiian Punch.

I did pretty decent shopping today & only bought a few snacks compared to a few months ago where most of my cart would be filled with junk food. I bought five bags of salad mix, a lot of different flavored beans in the can, couscous, rices, salsas, chicken, burger, two kind of pulled meats (might've been chicken & beef), some frozen meals to throw on top of a salad, & frozen veggies to throw on top of a salad.

I of course had to buy the Ben & Jerry's Pumpkin Cheesecake ice cream & a few more treats at the GNC store.

Yea for changing habits! Now pass the Ben & Jerry's I'll help you eat it.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    Here's a confession.

I used to LOVE Quest Bars. Seriously, scroll through about 1000 pages back and you'll see my praise of them. But now that I've tried protein bars that have a decent taste AND texture, I have come to the conclusion that I do not like Quest Bars AT ALL. :open_mouth:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Here's a confession.

I used to LOVE Quest Bars. Seriously, scroll through about 1000 pages back and you'll see my praise of them. But now that I've tried protein bars that have a decent taste AND texture, I have come to the conclusion that I do not like Quest Bars AT ALL. :open_mouth:

Confession - I still like the Lemon Cream Pie Quest bars. :p Although I buy Combat Crunch on every other flavor.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Here's a confession.

Confession - I still like the Lemon Cream Pie Quest bars. :p Although I buy Combat Crunch on every other flavor.

I tried the peanut butter supreme yesterday (had to choke it down) and I had a cinnamon roll one today and the texture is just terrible, and the flavor is incredibly lacking. :confounded:
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I ate a medium size bag of chips yesterday for dinner. Then washed it down with a few starbursts. It wasn't the healthiest, but I didn't get home until after midnight b/c I went to a concert, and the venue didn't have any food for sale except for chips and peanuts :|. The starbursts I ate before I went to bed b/c I was kind of hungry but I didn't feel like trying to have a meal of any sort.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    I ate a medium size bag of chips yesterday for dinner. Then washed it down with a few starbursts. It wasn't the healthiest, but I didn't get home until after midnight b/c I went to a concert, and the venue didn't have any food for sale except for chips and peanuts :|. The starbursts I ate before I went to bed b/c I was kind of hungry but I didn't feel like trying to have a meal of any sort.

Good morning. Hope you got a good rest.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    That's my friend Mo "will work for doughnuts"

Only good ones though. None of that Krispy Kreme crap!

Amen. Preach it, sister!

You two crack me up. It's been years since I ate a doughnut

I feel compelled to eat one in your honor. Any specific requests?

While I don't like doughnuts and can't eat them anymore, I am curious about the DunkinDonut Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Square. Can you try one of those and report back?

I would try that...if there were Dunkin Donuts in Idaho. :'(

Wut? There are no Dunkin Donuts at all? I can't even wrap my brain around that. I pass 4 of them on my 10 mile commute to work.

ETA that if I go three more blocks up the road once I reach my office, there's another one.

Well if it makes @quiksylver296 feel better, we just got Dunkin a few years ago here too so maybe they will expand to you someday. We don't seem to have too many yet but I've been seeing them around more lately. They are now my go-to coffee shop. I used to be a Starbucks girl but rarely go there anymore.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

Good morning. Hope you got a good rest.

The night following the concert I didn't, lol. I got a little less than 6 hours :s . I had to be up the next morning early to get my mom to work on time. But this morning I did get better sleep b/c my mom got her car back, so I could back to my normal sleeping pattern. Yay!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Here's a confession.

So what ones do you like now?
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »

I wish we had Krispy Kreme over here! I had one once and it was amazing!

I got your back. I love Krispy Kreme (and basically any donut really). They actually have Krispy Kreme donuts upstairs in the kitchen but I didn't have one. :( I've been good lately.

Good job!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Here's a confession.

http://www.bestbarever.com/
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    Here's a confession.

They sound amazing but my goodness that's an expensive protein bar.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Here's a confession.

They sound amazing but my goodness that's an expensive protein bar.

Yes, they are, but they are 1000% worth it if you can fit it in your budget!
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    After all this talk about donuts, I kind of want one. I have never been to a Krispy Kreme or a Dunkin Donuts. I live in Canada, so we basically have Tim Hortons and I think their donuts suck, so will probably not have one after all.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Here's a confession.

I used to love the Quest bars too! Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough was amazing! Now the only bar from Quest that I can tolerate is the white chocolate raspberry.

My favorites now are:

1. Combat Crunch Birthday Cake tied with Robert Irvine 380 calorie Birthday Cake Crunch bar
    2. OhYeah Cookie Dough (in regular & chocolate coated flavors)
    3. Zone Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (I don't really consider this to be a protein bar)
    4. Lenny & Larry Birthday Cake cookie

The worst bars I tried were a tie between Fit Elite Cookie Dough since it tasted like Laffy Taffy & Pure Protein Chocolate Chip.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Here's a confession.

I saw a lot of that flavor on clearance at GNC.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »

Amen. Preach it, sister!

You two crack me up. It's been years since I ate a doughnut

I feel compelled to eat one in your honor. Any specific requests?

While I don't like doughnuts and can't eat them anymore, I am curious about the DunkinDonut Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Square. Can you try one of those and report back?

I would try that...if there were Dunkin Donuts in Idaho. :'(

Wut? There are no Dunkin Donuts at all? I can't even wrap my brain around that. I pass 4 of them on my 10 mile commute to work.

ETA that if I go three more blocks up the road once I reach my office, there's another one.

Well if it makes @quiksylver296 feel better, we just got Dunkin a few years ago here too so maybe they will expand to you someday. We don't seem to have too many yet but I've been seeing them around more lately. They are now my go-to coffee shop. I used to be a Starbucks girl but rarely go there anymore.

When my town got a Starbucks a few people said that location would go out business, but I always notice people with Starbucks drinks & I know a lot of my coworkers hit them up before work or on their lunch.

If I liked coffee I would get one every now & then, but for the calories of the drinks I would rather eat either food or go to Dairy Queen.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    After all this talk about donuts, I kind of want one. I have never been to a Krispy Kreme or a Dunkin Donuts. I live in Canada, so we basically have Tim Hortons and I think their donuts suck, so will probably not have one after all.

No dunkin as well. That makes me sad. We don't have Time Hortons near me but I have seen them elsewhere.