What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• Samone62
    Samone62 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wanted to make this thread for motivationial purposes more than anything but they don't all have to be super positive! More of what came as a surprise. I'll start..

- how much confidence it will actually bring, especially when strangers start treating you like royalty all of a sudden!

- Sitting (particularly in baths) and laying (particularly in beds) will become ever increasingly uncomfortable.

- how vain you will become! I can't walk past a mirror without checking how I look nowadays!

Your turn!

I can live with that.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    TMI alert :)

That things "down there" would feel a little looser without all of that fat packed in against the general groin area.

Thank you for mentioning this!! I thought I was just weird... ;)
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »

That things "down there" would feel a little looser without all of that fat packed in against the general groin area.

It is a very odd feeling; it took me a while to work out why it felt different :)
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

It is a very odd feeling; it took me a while to work out why it felt different :)

So.. what does one do to firm that area up?!
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

No idea but I'm going to start with pelvic floor exercises - head off incontinence before it starts :)
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

No idea but I'm going to start with pelvic floor exercises - head off incontinence before it starts :)

Practice "squeeze then sneeze" for optimal success.
  • Bentnotbroken130
    Bentnotbroken130 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    pinkpsyche wrote: »
    Lots of good stuff here.
    I remember finding a few new 'friends' who all of a sudden would talk to me, or notice me, or remember my name next time I visited their establishment when I had been going there for years or had mutual friends etc....

Some people obviously let vanity cloud their judgement.

Or maybe I just had a better attitude after and was more approachable?
    Nah..I was always jolly

Yes! To be honest though, those that couldn't give me the time of day as a heavier person really are not worth my time. It shows to me their true character. Maybe that sounds mean and I should be more forgiving?

Curious what others thought are. What does one say to a friend that hits on you After losing the weight. Wasn't negative or mean or anything prior just wanted to wait...
  • Bentnotbroken130
    Bentnotbroken130 Posts: 28 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I am 62 years old and have lost 58 lbs so far. I am noticing the 'saggy' skin but don't know if it's due to the weight loss or my age. I keep seeing people post about weight lifting to help reduce this but don't have a clue as to how to start! I don't belong to a gym and doing all of my exercise in my house. What can someone like me do to start with weights or yoga (resistant) bands. The places I notice the most are in my arms and inside upper thighs. I don't have saggy skin on my neck, face or belly. Any suggestions?

Old post I know but I picked up the book you are your own gym. You don't need store bought weights or machines your body is the machine using body weight they also include lots of variations
  • SkyMaiden007
    SkyMaiden007 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Baxie23 wrote: »
    + That I would love giving and getting hugs. I used to hide from them because I was embarrassed that I was so wide.

I love giving and getting hugs, and people have commented on how nice I am to cuddle :)

So, I kind of go with it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!