WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I am so thankful to have this group in my life. It was a good day when I discovered all of you here waiting to welcome me.

KJLaMore - I love all singing. It is the sound of joy and life.

Carey - Do you love the hot stone massage? I'm so curious about them

Margaret - Hope you had a lovely birthday.

Pip - Loving all the Christmasy photos
    So special that you can use Grandma's plates. Dinner looked delicious.

Lisa - Playing with the Grands is so precious.

Michele NC - Speak from your heart. You miss them, you love them, you want to spend time with them. Share how you feel and then the ball is in their court.

Tere - I will pray for your son. It is wrenching to lose a loved one. I hope the depression doesn't last

NY Karen - What a wonderful surprise! So nice that your sister made it to NY.

Today....oh.....what can you say about Black Friday? I could say lots but I'm trying not to whine all the time. Let's just say that it brings out traits in some that are less than stellar. It was an adventure.

Continuing my struggles with my sister. I know she loves me and I love her but she continues to frustrate me. Did I tell you about the lunch invitation? The one that saw me sitting by myself eating while guarding her coat. She went shopping. So strange. To me when someone says they will take me for lunch I am expecting that we will go to a restaurant and visit. I could eat by myself any day of the week in the food court of the mall. Not something I enjoy. She made birthday supper for my brother on Thursday. Still not sure if we were actually invited because we didn't feel welcomed. Chili was blah and carrot cake was as my Dad used to say "Dryer than a popcorn fart" Probably because she went back to bed and didn't get up when the timer went. Cake was dry and burnt. Best part was the frosting. She says to my brother I hope you liked supper because that's all you're getting. Yesterday was not good for her, she was rude to pretty much everyone. I think I will wait for her to text or call me. Needing some space.
    Looks like I just whined....a lot.

Went for cake for my son's birthday. How did he get to be 39? Harmony was so cute. She helped her Mom bake and frost brownies. She had a bag full of things for her Dad. 4 year olds know how to throw a party! He had a hat , a ribbon, etc. He had to close his eyes to wait for his cake. It was a good time.

Going to Calgary right after work tomorrow. We are invited to a private showing of a car collection. Pretty sure I'm just a tag-a-long. My niece's fiancee wants to take us up for a plane ride also. We will stay overnight at their house. It should be fun. Chico is going for a sleepover with his best friend Boss (a pit bull) They look so cute when they cuddle up together.

-Sharon in Alberta feeling glad that Black Friday is history
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    <3

Kate UK
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Morning, all...On my tablet, so this will be short...our day-late Thanksgiving dinner was lovely, but with10 people in a small space, drove me and the DH right round the bend, noise-wise. We survived, though, and it was happy noise, at least.

Allie, you know my opinion... but only one piece of advice. Start your own bank account at a different bank, and get your paycheck going there before it all blows up. Please note, doing so WILL cause the blowup, so it's a very final decision to do this. However, it removes one piece of control that Tom has over you. A $20 allowance will never allow you to save anything.

Tere, my sympathies... and the "bless her heart" comment made me grin. Only took my Alaskan husband a couple times to realize that the phrase is a very polite way to say there's something wrong... :) Funny.

Have to wake my Alaskan up in 15 minutes, so we can get headed back to Texas. Love y'all!

Lisa, soon headed back to West Texas
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday, it is back on track day for me. Starting with a good workout, plenty of water and yes, I must admit shopping -- not for me -- but DD needs a few sweaters to get her through the winter, I'm sure there are a few deals left out there. DD returns to school tomorrow, but only for a month, I can deal :'(

I am making spiced pecans and packaging them nicely for gifts this year--they were loved by all yesterday and I have those cute little mason jars taking up space in the cupboard, so that is a definite. Need to set out a punch list to handle the busy school concert season and remember to include staying healthy and on track.

Gloria there should be a page index on top and bottom of the page, so you can jump ahead. On my computer and phone I always seem to land on last post.

Allie I concur with others about making plans privately, pull together a support system and legal help before you make any move known. I have noticed that this time of year was particularly difficult for you both last year as well. You have time to get all your ducks in a row, stay safe. <3

NYKAREN
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,119 Member
    Options
    <3
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    In a very rare still moment... with her brother, Tyler, at right...
    b9dcfbkp0ker.jpg
  • gotc86
    gotc86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join?
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Lisa ~ You have two cuties!

Michelle ~ After reading all the comments, I really think you should not talk to the future in-laws. If you do, it is just going to create strife on both sides that may never be mended.

Allie ~ I have never commented on your marriage problem. But, it seems like you are so unhappy in this marriage. I think Lisa has given you good advice about getting your own bank account. We have been married for 47 yrs and three times during those years, we were separated. Maybe you and Tom should try a trial separation so that both of you could see what life will be like without the other. Just my opinion!

I have coughed my head off for the last two days. I have decided it must be a virus because the mucous is clear. I sure hope it wears itself out soon.

Carol qxvmo8mhlssb.jpg
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    gotc86 wrote: »
    Is it too late to join?

It's never too late! Go to page 1 and read Barbies post! Welcome to this great group of supportive, inspirational, and motivating ladies!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    gotc86- Hello new friend! You have joined simply by commenting! This thread continues month to month and year to year! Please chime in, tell us a little ( or a lot) about yourself and sign with your name or what you would like to be called. Remember to bookmark this page by clicking on the star that is on the same line as Women 50+. At the end of the month our revered leader Barbie will post the link to the next month. Click on that link to follow along and remember to bookmark it once you get there! KJ (kelly)
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good morning and Happy Saturday! Well, my house is decorated for Christmas (with the exception of the greenery and tree). I have to get my buns out the door to do the grocery shopping and errands run, so I can head into GR to visit my sister. Love to you all! Been reading, but now, no time to comment on anything. xoxoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    Options
    Michele I am sorry they are being so difficult. They are lucky to have you in their lives. My oldest brother treats his family DS #1 and #2 in a similar way. No calls, presents to grandchildren, visits. He is so lucky to have healthy children and grandchildren. It is so sad for all of them. In my brother's case I know you cannot force someone to do the right thing. You pray they wake up before it is too late. (((MIchele))).
  • elizabethhoberg
    elizabethhoberg Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I became a fabulous cook in my 50s. I was a gym rat for 35 years until two years ago. Those two facts have not be great on my health. Starting today. Goal is health :smile:
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Feel a little better today. We have started a list of pros and cons between moving closer to my mom and my family or moving nachos to Tennessee.financially no contest, TN wins. Still in discussion stages though.

Still in depressed mood so talk later.

Rita in CT
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Oy vey does my head hurt and I'm room spinning dizzy! Hate when this happens.

Later ladies!

Cheri
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday! :bigsmile:
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Cheri, no fun, hope you feel better quickly.

Janetr okc
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Sharon: I love hot stone massage. My first experience was on a cruise ship. I was on vacation and was having a difficult time relaxing (not unusual for me). I went for massages regularly and tried many different masseuses but the results didn't last long. I decided to try the hot stone massage and have never regretted it, not only was I the most relaxed I've ever been the result lasted for a number of days! I would recommend that you ask questions about how the massage is done. Some only use the stones for a few minutes, I'd recommend the ones that do the entire massage using the stones. If you are a person who likes warmth, hot baths etc, you'll probably love it.

Received my instant pot yesterday. Now I need to find a place to store all of my appliances, I seem to be collecting them. Too bad my house is so small... might need to build on to accommodate them :)

Have a wonderful weekend friends,

Carey - Northern Alberta

Goals for Nov:
    - Increase walking by at least 100 steps per day
    - Get to Tai Chi at least once a week
    - Increase daily water intake
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    <3