What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• ShammersPink
    ShammersPink Posts: 215 Member
    That it's harder to find clothes that fit when I'm a healthy weight than when I'm overweight.

My shoulders are broad, and my wingspan is huge for a woman, so when my boobs and belly go down to a sensible size I find it impossible to buy feminine long sleeve tops, or most tops in woven fabric.

When I'm fatter, I still struggle, but with persistence, I can often find something, because the sleeve length and shoulder breadth goes up with larger dress sizes.
    3474449k Posts: 46 Member
    lrteague wrote: »
    I've lost 70 lbs. Yes, some friends get envious of attention you get. They get over it or you move on.
    Age makes a big difference! I'm 68 and I fit in some things I couldn't before at this weight. Strange, but true.
    Family and friends support is important. My daughter led me to Fitness Pal and is my main cheerleader!
    Glad others mentioned new mattress --- my hip bones hurt since I'm a side sleeper. Any type of mattress anyone recommends?
    I'm always cold, but I was when I was heavy too. Thin and cold is better.
    It's fun wearing clothes I only hoped to wear again. Even more fun buying new ones in a small rather than 2x!
    Also helps to have a husband that says, "buy it!"
    I have both kinds of arthritis and the weight loss has tremendous benefits. My rheumatologist is thrilled!

I recommend a 3" or 4" thick memory foam topper that has 4 lb density. It really helped me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!