Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,345 Member
    Options
    Lana - at work but they all went into a meeting...... cat's away...... that was some excellent advice re: Annie and her eval. there are enough whiners in the workplace, be the positive one in the group as much as possible.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Annie- just reread first post, finding an ugly ornament is hard - okay so I cant connect the dots too well today......

• 25lbsorbust
    25lbsorbust Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

I think I put on a pound during the holidays. A combination of being sick, Thanksgiving, and being the only one in my apartment that is tasked with eating the leftover pies (isn't my life so hard? :wink: ) and I'm surprised it wasn't more! C'est la vie.

On the plus side, my mom gave me potentially the best motivation I could have gotten right when I needed it. I haven't seen her since June, and she was out shopping and asked if I wanted a pair of jeans. I said yes, and told her I was a 26 x 30. She called me back once she found them and scoffed telling me "You must have your size wrong. These are tiny! As I told your Aunt, 'this is not my daughter'."
    Went on the brand's website, took out the measuring tape, measured myself one last time, and reassured her that I was DEFINITELY a size 26. Wish I could have seen the look on her face!

Might start up C25K again tonight, but I'll want to bring my dog for company and she makes demon growling sounds when she's running on a leash. It would be useful to scare away attackers if she didn't have me doubled over laughing instead of running!

Hope you all survive the workweek post-long weekend. I know I'm struggling.

Annie- Best of luck in your performance review! I understand first-hand how big of an anxiety situation that could be. What will be will be, just go into it with an open mind and a big smile.

Sara- .4 is nothing! It's just like carrying around a fully-grown hamster. You'll have it off in no time. I'd consider that a win for the holidays :smile:
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,879 Member
    Options

Sam - A hamster weighs .4 pounds? Sounds like something from the old Monty Python!!!

And now, Sara !!!! Oh holy cannoli! I opened the mailbox and opened the card. Ewwwww! That man is frightening, and he is definitely a friend of Mario's! Where do you find these things???
    Thank you for the (nervous) laugh!
    You are an evil woman!

Lana, still fanning myself......

• packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all. Does anyone know where I can get a wearable calorie counter that I D have to sync with my phone?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Lana - I think that is the last of those cards..... I wonder who has all those strange pictures. Maybe they were cleaning a file out and decided it fit under "other" and published them anyway. I will behave myself and not go that far off center, I promise. - think boring.....

Packersfan - I am a low tech person, but somewhere here can answer that.
  • 25lbsorbust
    Options
    Packersfan-- not sure if you meant that you wouldn't or would have to sync with your phone, but a Fitbit Charge HR does a pretty good calorie count, when synced properly with MFP!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Mgmt was out most of the day - usually means changes....just shaking my head.

Dinner in toaster oven, sink full of dishes will be washed later. Would help if I plug in the toaster oven..... will start watching my Netflix dvd while I wait.

Thinking hot chocolate for dessert.
  • packersfan0103
    Options
    Packersfan-- not sure if you meant that you wouldn't or would have to sync with your phone, but a Fitbit Charge HR does a pretty good calorie count, when synced properly with MFP!

Oops. I didn't realize that I didn't finish what I was typing.

I want a something that I DO NOT have to sync.

• ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Stuck to my food plan today and got in 2 miles on the treadmill, 30 crunches, and a 30 second plank.

Sara, I believe I will have some hot chocolate for dessert, too!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning, cold here will pop back under covers after breakfast.

Annie!! What a great job with your exercise last night. Hope you enjoyed your hot chocolate as much as I did.

Seems my supervisor wants us to really decorate for the holidays. Thanks for not telling us ahead of time. There is a "contest" between 2 departments and I work for a Catholic agency so I just will have to shut my mouth. I am not a scrooge but we have many faiths working there..... We will find out soon enough what the off site confab was yesterday..... just rolling my eyes.

Dog got me up a little early, which means I may get more time under warm covers.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,879 Member
    Options

Tossing beach bag and sunglasses onto lounge chair for later.

Getting ready early to go to an abstract painting class held at MSK for patients and caregivers.
    I am going;
    I have to get away from toxic DH--back home for 2 whole weeks and the entire time sick with something I have not caught.
    I think he is having severe allergies and depression. He will never get better until he turns his head around.
    I must get near some positive people and positive energy.

Waving to Missy and Sara and everyone who stops by later......

Sara - I love the word "confab"

Lana
  • ASalner
    Options
    Tuesday morning

Sara, thanks! I really didn't feel like exercising at 8:45 p.m. but I told myself I need to get back at it and it needs to be a priority. It did feel good by the time I was done. Hoping to get there again tonight - but we have the appraiser coming tomorrow for the refinance on our house - so I need to clean! Hoping DH does most of it today while he's home!!!

Not stepping on the scale until Friday. Just buckling down.

DD requested crockpot steel cut apple cinnamon oatmeal last night and I obliged. I still had an egg and coffee with sugar-free creamer for breakfast, but did indulge in a 1/2 cup of the oatmeal. Yum! Now, must track it.

Performance evaluation this afternoon. Wish me luck!

Annie

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Workfile sucks, bad attitude, will be using the "invisible shield spray" to keep myself from mouthing off at work. Some Tuesdays are worse than Mondays......
  • 25lbsorbust
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

Today can be summed up by a rather short Buddy Wakefield poem:

Sick White Beast

I choose to politely ask myself
    to step aside
    if I am in my own way.

If I do not get out of my own way
    I choose to call a friend
    who will have me removed.

Have a lovely one, y'all.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dinner done, toes purple pretty. Hot shower and then hot chocolate again (running low......).

Made next apt same day as hair as I get hair colored once every 3 months I just take the day off. Brain finally got smart.....

Sam - liked your poem. It is true - we can change our attitude or have someone else do it for us.

Find me under the Palm Tree with Tillie looking for yummy things on toothpicks.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Didn't quite eat as well as I planned today, but tracked it all and still under calories. Carbs were a bit higher than I would have liked.

No treadmill as DD's homework took all night and then we needed to clean up for appraiser visit tomorrow. I just got done emailing DD's special ed case manager to discuss the homework load. DD, who is 13, spent 2 hours on homework last night and over 2 hours tonight. She was in tears and completely spent by the time she finished up tonight. It was one of the few times I actually just gave her a couple of answers so she could be done. I also helped type part of the short story she is writing for English class since she hunts & pecks and I type over 80 wpm.

6 year old DS complained of being tired, cold, and having a headache as soon as I picked him up from after-school care tonight. He has a temperature of 102 degrees! So, DH will stay home with him in the morning and then I will come home at lunchtime and take over.

Time for some hot chocolate and a hot bath!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

On dog schedule which works because I go to bed early to make up for it.

Hoping to have lunch at Cafe - I say hoping as I didnt run by ATM at bank yesterday on way to get toes trimmed and painted (cant reach toes without hurting myself) so I am hoping the ATM at work is available..... Finally saw the light and made apt the same day as hair apt - so I can leave 2 hours of PTO on books. It is a dim light when it goes on, but glad it still works.

Annie - I know teachers are just as frustrated with the education situation. Hope there is a compromise. Hope your DS is feeling better. Tis the season and half the people I know at work are under the weather. If you take over at lunch can you also rest?

Wave to all who follow. Oatmeal is almost done and warmth is the comfort of the day.

• packersfan0103
    Options
    Morning all!!!
    Well it's Wednesday. 7 weeks post c-section today. I still haven't done any walking or used the Simply Fit Board.
    For the past few days it's been all about getting back into the routine of doing chores around the house now that I am about, I would say 90% back on my feet. At least this week I went back to work with my husband. He has the janitorial service contract for the building he works for during the day. I've been sweeping and emptying waste baskets. Trying to remember to squat instead of bending over. It's a start.
    Googled wether or not I should start rebounding exercises again because I have a mini trampoline and those exercises really got me sweating but not a good idea to have my tummy bouncing up and down just yet.

Hope everyone has a lovely day.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Wednesday morning

DS slept well last night but is definitely still feverish. He was still in bed when I left for work but his cheeks were very rosy. When I checked on him, he complained of being thirsty but having an icky tummy. I hope this doesn't turn into a stomach thing. DH will check his temp and give him more ibuprofen this morning.

Sara, I hope to take a little snooze or put my feet up this afternoon while I'm home. But so often when I get an afternoon at home I get busy doing other things. I should start writing out my Christmas card envelopes. I could do some baking. There is always laundry! :) I could also start wrapping Christmas gifts (which I hate doing).

Appraiser coming today for house refinance. We are dropping 1.5% off of our rate and lowering to a 15 year mortgage, which will pay off the house 7 years sooner - and before we are 60. House payment will go up a bit and I kind of hate that, but I do like the idea of building more equity sooner and paying off before we would retire. Eventually we will have to think about replacing the siding on the house and I imagine one day we will need to replace the furnace and air conditioner. The house is 21 years old. We've been in the house for almost 16 years.

PackersFan = be sure not to do too much too soon.

I'd better get some work done! BBL!

Annie