The Walking Dead

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I get the feeling that Negan is surprised that his bullѕhit works.
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I'm really not enjoying season 7, I'm getting bored of nobody taking out Negan despite plenty of opportunities.

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I am really starting to get annoyed with the writers. I feel like they underestimate the intelligence of viewers. They really expect us to continue to believe that all of these people went to kill Negan and then changed their minds?! It isn't that they failed due to circumstances beyond their control. Rick was following Negan around holding Lucille, in some instances far enough away from Negan's helpers... even if Rick thought they are super loyal to Negan, he had opportunity and didn't take it. Same goes for Carl. He has opportunity. Sure, he would have had to shoot yet another of Negan's helpers, but he is obviously risking his own life. So why the hesitation?! As others have mentioned, Daryl had opportunity too. Now if Michonne does the same - she gets a real chance to kill Negan and chooses not to take it - I'm going to be really upset with the writers.
    People still want to live. Emotion may take over and hinder one's decision making, but there's always the will to survive. I think of it as anyone in a gang. They may not like the gang leader and COULD likely take them out any time, but why don't they? Wouldn't the gang be better for it and shouldn't the followers feel better? But for some reason, every leader in a gang leaves enough fear in followers not to do it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

This is correct. The writers actually did a lot of research on leadership tactics and group dynamics like this and when done right, like Negan does, it instills enough fear in the followers that even if they could take him out they won't.
    I've *heard*, but don't follow, the comics suggest there is no big payoff with Negan "getting his comeuppance". But it does seem like the show is building towards Dwight doing something.
    I would argue what ends up happening to him is worse... At least for a few years. He's too dang fun to just kill off willy nilly

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I am really starting to get annoyed with the writers. I feel like they underestimate the intelligence of viewers. They really expect us to continue to believe that all of these people went to kill Negan and then changed their minds?! It isn't that they failed due to circumstances beyond their control. Rick was following Negan around holding Lucille, in some instances far enough away from Negan's helpers... even if Rick thought they are super loyal to Negan, he had opportunity and didn't take it. Same goes for Carl. He has opportunity. Sure, he would have had to shoot yet another of Negan's helpers, but he is obviously risking his own life. So why the hesitation?! As others have mentioned, Daryl had opportunity too. Now if Michonne does the same - she gets a real chance to kill Negan and chooses not to take it - I'm going to be really upset with the writers.

That. Exactly what you said. Too many people with weapons so close to Negan. Like you said about Carl, he assumed it was a suicide mission anyway, so he should have followed through before Negan could start talking and playing head games. He had no qualms like Rick did about retaliation from the larger group.

It's hard to watch, and not for reasons they want it to be. I'm like, this is too stupid to be fully engaged in.

Those close to Negan don't see him as evil, but necessary to maintain order and stay alive in this new environment. Negan is the evolution of Shane without Rick as a check and balance. Everyone sees Dwight's face as a constant reminder of what happens if you break Negan's rules. He doesn't just kill you - he keeps you alive and makes everyone else suffer for it. You may risk your own life, but you won't risk the lives of those you love. This is what Negan knows and is constantly throwing in the face of others. By keeping everyone off balance he maintains his place at the top.
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Options
    I don't think his inner circle fears him. His "soldiers" fear him and his inner circle. His inner circle is loyal because he treats them just well enough that they are ok with having him in charge. They don't like him, but they know he will feed them, provide shelter, women, etc. so they put up with his crap. Although its looking more and more like Dwight might betray Negan..im guessing (purely speculation)..that all the outside groups join forces to get rid of Negan and they use Dwight to help.
  • Lallylass
    Lallylass Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Omg Daryl with the peanut butter!
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    RIP Spencer lol
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    Finally an episode this season that wasn't infuriatingly stupid!
  • Cerealsensei
    Options
    Finally an episode this season that wasn't infuriatingly stupid!

Idk, Rosita is looking like a not so bright person right now. Point blank range and she still missed..........
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Lallylass wrote: »

That is exactly what I do with peanut butter... with a spoon.
  • Cerealsensei
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    RIP Spencer lol

He deserved that. I have always hated him

agreed, that was a well deserved gut check
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Like to hate Negan, but you admire how frickin' wack he is and is relentless when he feels like offing someone.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,279 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Lallylass wrote: »

Daryl with the peanut butter = me every day
  • Lallylass
    Lallylass Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Negan had me laughing so hard! Especially the spaghetti comments.
    And I was totally into the peanut butter jar last night damn it.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Like to hate Negan, but you admire how frickin' wack he is and is relentless when he feels like offing someone.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

My daughter said "I want to hate him so bad, but I just can't!"
    Lol

I don't like him at all. Not even a little.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    NOW we have something to look forward to!
    Not to be a Male Chauvinist Pig but...doesn't Rick need some tough guys too? His new group has Carl as the only other "tough guy"and he's still a kid.
    Morgan will be a great addition and Carol can kick Azz! Maggie doesn't appear to be very hampered by being PG but it's always on my mind.
    Sorry to see the Dr Lady get shot, you just never know who will be off the show with no notice.
    (No I don't read the comics and don't want to know. So no spoilers please.)
  • Meticulous_Nails
    Meticulous_Nails Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It is time for them to regroup and build forces .. They need to be trying to do everything it takes to recruit the other settlements. Too much solo work and not enough team work....
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    It is time for them to regroup and build forces .. They need to be trying to do everything it takes to recruit the other settlements. Too much solo work and not enough team work....

Yes, I agree. Basically there are a bunch of groups whose primary tenet is to survive through peaceful relations with other groups. Then there are the Saviors, whose primary tenet is to survive through abuse of other groups. The other groups need to take the uncomfortable step of forming an alliance and strategy to either change the Saviors' methods or eliminate the group altogether. Taking out Negan might be enough to change their strategy and turn the group into an ally under new leadership. But there must be a back up plan to kill any other leader who would follow in Negan's footsteps. They need to do this soon... with the new ability to produce his own ammunition, Negan will only become more and more powerful.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    Rick, paraphrased: "You haven't had any walkers over here because they are in a quarry, and getting loose one by one. It's too dangerous. Better to herd them right across Alexandria with only a thin sheet metal fence separating the Alexandrians and a zombie horde. That would make everyone safer."

While Rick is a natural leader, Glenn seemed to be a better strategist. Remember how they met? Why didn't they let Glenn come up with a plan?

shiolb974kyf.jpg