Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    tobistat wrote: »
    As for holiday related confessions.....I have been making lots of toffee and pretzel turtle candy (pretzel, Rolo, pecan) and I cannot keep myself out of them. I may have to make more of the turtles tonight! The sugar is the main reason I have jumped 11 pounds since October... :/

Hugs! To make you feel better, I confess that I've gained 50 pounds this year through all-out binge eating. :(

@Susieq_1994 - I hope it gets better soon!! It has been stressful the last part of the year, but I can't blame anyone but me for what I gained.

Yep, same here. It's all me! I'm pretty proud of myself, I've been back to logging for 1.5 months now... But in the meantime I've gained a grand total of about 90 pounds. Woohoo? :neutral:

You can get in on our hard reset, too!

I'm so in! I'm in three different challenges right now, trying to get myself all motivated. ;) I'm in a calorie logging challenge with Nicci and Patricia, a weight loss challenge with some non-MFP friends and my sister, and then of course the weekly step challenge, in which I try to beat @tobistat every week. ;)

You and Tobi are ridiculous on the fitbit steps. LOL ;) I feel good if I'm even in your general vicinity, steps-wise.

Feel comforted by the fact that I'm unemployed and therefore I get to step and read all day long. :p If I was working I wouldn't get half of what I do!

Exactly, Susie! I don't work either so that's why I get a lot of steps. Makes me feel bad when I win because it's not really fair to the people who are working!

True. But I enjoy the challenges so much that I don't want to stop playing them! Most of the time it's me vs. you vs. Danny. :p

I don't want you guys to stop either. It's motivating. Consider it a public service to us low steppers!

I plan to get back to walking in 2017. So if there are challenges, please consider putting me on the list!

I'll add you! Jump in tho we fill up!

Maybe it's time to start making two challenges again? It's hard to fit us all into just one! I've noticed that a lot of people get left out week to week. :)

I know because I do a rematch and if they didn't make one week they get left off the next. Sometimes I remember to invite them back. Mostly not. But if we do I want to do it randomly. I hated that 'high stepper' 'low stepper' designation in the past.

oh whoops. Sorry, think we're opposites on this then :)

I know with my lifestyle i cannot keep up with the high steppers and find it quite demotivating, whereas with people who are around 1k steps of me, i will try harder to get in front
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    We might not even make 2000, which was the first number, right?

Yep. Unless people get reeeeally inspired to post some holiday-related confessions. :p

I've completely given up logging or monitoring in any fashion, my food intake until after the first of the year. My calories and macros can jump right off a bridge. :smiley:

Hard reset 1/3. Everyone party for my birthday on 1/2, okay?

Definitely!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    So, sometime today, I saw Quik needs a new house angel. I could use one of those, but I feel cheated. I'm supposed to have Rosie the Robot by now. And a Jetsons hover car. (although my friends in the ER are probably fine with people not being able to crash into each other and then into the ground)

Oooh, yes! A Rosie, please!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    As for holiday related confessions.....I have been making lots of toffee and pretzel turtle candy (pretzel, Rolo, pecan) and I cannot keep myself out of them. I may have to make more of the turtles tonight! The sugar is the main reason I have jumped 11 pounds since October... :/

Hugs! To make you feel better, I confess that I've gained 50 pounds this year through all-out binge eating. :(

I'm in the same boat as you Susie :'(.

I'm doing my hard reset whether I want to or not on the 26th.

I gained around 50-60.

You can do this! I've been back at it for 1.5 months and I've lost 12 pounds so far :)

Way to go!!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I confess that I talked Mr. Susie into monetary weight loss rewards. For every kilo I lose (2.2 lbs), I get 15 riyals towards a Kindle book. (When it comes to books I spend money like water, so we have a pretty strict monthly book budget agreed on--so losing weight gets me extra!) Milestone weight numbers (every ten kilos) get me double that. I'm greedily hoarding all of my earned book money so I can look at all the money and see what my weight loss got me! I can't seem to bring myself to spend it. :D

I discovered used books at the Idaho Youth Ranch (a second-hand store). All paperbacks are $1.00!!! And half-price on Sundays! I bet I've saved at least $1,000 dollars so far.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Good morning ladies. Up early to get my truck in the shop for some preventive maintenance. I have my coffee in hand and considering a second cup before I leave the house. We will probably hit some of the stores for last minute stuff since most of them will be open 24 hours a day until Christmas. I don't really have that much to get though, so maybe I will find some good deals on stuff I need for my Mexico trip in February.

I want to go to Mexico in February!!! :'(
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Guys, I think I have to give in and admit I am sick. I am light-headed and nauseous. I went to bed at 5:00 last night and slept til 5:00 this morning. I came to work today because calling in sick on Friday before a three day weekend, who would believe me? I am totally working through lunch and going home as soon as possible, though.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    So, sometime today, I saw Quik needs a new house angel. I could use one of those, but I feel cheated. I'm supposed to have Rosie the Robot by now. And a Jetsons hover car. (although my friends in the ER are probably fine with people not being able to crash into each other and then into the ground)

Roomba?

Nope. Rosie folded the laundry and put it away. LOL!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Roomba?

Nope. Rosie folded the laundry and put it away. LOL!

OH!!! YES, PLEASE! I have a freaking mountain of laundry to fold and put away. That was my goal for tomorrow.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I'm only on Page 2, but this thread is freaking hilarious...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10491028/why-is-my-daughter-doing-this/p1
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Where'd everybody go? :o I can't talk to myself for the next 80 pages! :D

I'm here :)

Yay! More confessions? :p

Ooh, I've got one:
    I confess that I've been putting more time into stepping than household chores lately. The house has been getting pretty much just a lick and a promise while I dive into piles of Kindle books and start to step!

I confess I'm very upset with Mrs S and her attitude to household chores are the moment. It's been a stressful few weeks as I've been in Devon every weekend to pack up the house for moving. She promises every week to clean the bathroom and change the bedlinen, but when I get home after 4-5 days, she's done nothing, I mean literally nothing, not even loaded the dishwasher with dishes from when I left on the Thursday. I've ended up doing everything, as well as all cooking and washing. And the reason? Because she's totally obsessed with an online war game and cannot/will not put it down. On weekends she is literally spending hours and hours playing it. It's really getting me down. It's the same in the evenings after work.

My husband is usually stuck with his nose in his phone from the time he gets home until we go to bed. Meanwhile, I cook and clean up. It is frustrating, I completely understand. I think I need to have a good talk with him about this before I get irrationally angry at him. I mean, really, can you not see that I need some help here??

This was one of the things that lead me to break-up with the unemployed now-ex boyfriend!! I'd come home from working all day and he wouldn't have done ANYTHING!! Just sat in his recliner all day on his iPad and watching TV. I had to spay his recliner with Febreze a couple of times because it stunk so bad because he'd go many days without showering. It was just gross!! So glad to be rid of him and the cute but very messy Miss Harlie.
  • petunia773
    Options
    amandaiams wrote: »
    Im battling a drinking problem (I really enjoy beer and wine) and am trying to wean off safely. With the holidays coming up, it's gonna suck *kitten*.

I have decided to give up alcohol again fully. I seem to binge drink these days when I do drink. I no longer just have ever 1 or 2 I have the bottle. So no more for me.

Are we gonna streak? I'm willing to start up again Dec 26.

I'd be up for starting after New Year's. I know when I gave up drinking when I started low-carb it really helped shed the pounds.
  • petunia773
    Options
    Goals for 2017
    • No more alcohol
    • Weigh and log food
    • Get back to eating low-carb...it's what works best for weight-loss for me and the sugar is NOT good for me...in any carb form
    • Lose 10 pounds I've gained recently plus an additional 20
    • Exercise most days during the week and get in some sort of physical activity on the weekends, not necessarily formal exercise
    • Keep trying to find Mr. Right and not settle for Mr. Wrong (I don't NEED a man, but it sure is nice having one around to stay busy)
    • Be more patient with my sons and my mom. Sons are now 16 and 14 and I feel like they will be gone and out of the house in the blink of an eye.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies. Up early to get my truck in the shop for some preventive maintenance. I have my coffee in hand and considering a second cup before I leave the house. We will probably hit some of the stores for last minute stuff since most of them will be open 24 hours a day until Christmas. I don't really have that much to get though, so maybe I will find some good deals on stuff I need for my Mexico trip in February.

Where in Mexico are you going? Mrs S and i are going at the end of April, to the Xcaret national park

We are starting at Los Santos, then to Magdelena Bay for fun with the gray whales, then five days in Cabo San Lucas before heading home. This will be the longest time away from the kiddo, so we shall see how it goes.
  • orangesmartie
    Options

Where in Mexico are you going? Mrs S and i are going at the end of April, to the Xcaret national park

We are starting at Los Santos, then to Magdelena Bay for fun with the gray whales, then five days in Cabo San Lucas before heading home. This will be the longest time away from the kiddo, so we shall see how it goes.

Sounds fab!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    petunia773 wrote: »

Ooh, I've got one:
    I confess that I've been putting more time into stepping than household chores lately. The house has been getting pretty much just a lick and a promise while I dive into piles of Kindle books and start to step!

I confess I'm very upset with Mrs S and her attitude to household chores are the moment. It's been a stressful few weeks as I've been in Devon every weekend to pack up the house for moving. She promises every week to clean the bathroom and change the bedlinen, but when I get home after 4-5 days, she's done nothing, I mean literally nothing, not even loaded the dishwasher with dishes from when I left on the Thursday. I've ended up doing everything, as well as all cooking and washing. And the reason? Because she's totally obsessed with an online war game and cannot/will not put it down. On weekends she is literally spending hours and hours playing it. It's really getting me down. It's the same in the evenings after work.

My husband is usually stuck with his nose in his phone from the time he gets home until we go to bed. Meanwhile, I cook and clean up. It is frustrating, I completely understand. I think I need to have a good talk with him about this before I get irrationally angry at him. I mean, really, can you not see that I need some help here??

This was one of the things that lead me to break-up with the unemployed now-ex boyfriend!! I'd come home from working all day and he wouldn't have done ANYTHING!! Just sat in his recliner all day on his iPad and watching TV. I had to spay his recliner with Febreze a couple of times because it stunk so bad because he'd go many days without showering. It was just gross!! So glad to be rid of him and the cute but very messy Miss Harlie.

He is good about helping, after I ask him. I just feel like, you see me doing this, please help. Glad to see you again and sounds like things are going well.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

This sounds great! Mexico has never been on my bucket list but between you and Nicci hopefully we will get some amazing photos and vicarious tales!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    petunia773 wrote: »

Ooh, I've got one:

Wow, you are solo! Good for you. But Miss Harlie was adorable.