5'6 - 5'7 before and after pics please!

Replies

• solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Fanastasia wrote: »
    Thank you for your quick reply. And my last question, how long it took you to lose the weight?

It has taken me about 7 months. At the beginning, I was losing weight much easier and quicker, averaging 12 to 15 lbs per month. In the last couple of months, I plateaued maybe only losing 5 lbs per month. That's frustrating to me. It might be because my body fat is getting low. Even though I have a high body weight. My body fat is 23%. I had the hydrostatic (underwater) body fat done. I will be taking DEXA scan body fat test next month. I upped my calories from 1200 to 1600 to now 2200 (non workout days) and 2400 to 2500 calories (workout days). That helped me lose weight when I had plateaued. Making sure I ate enough protein helped too. My body requires around 1900 calories just to breathe. Based on my lean muscle mass which is 139.6 pounds of my body mass.
    Wow you look fantastic. 180 lbs seems a lot but you carry it well! My comparison I am 5'7" and 145 lbs.

I used to weigh this when I was younger. I'm 34 now. I have more muscle now. My lean muscle mass (139.6 lbs) alone is almost my old body weight. It's funny now. That people who haven't seen me in a while think I'm smaller than I was in college. I tell them no I actually weigh more now. They don't believe it.
    Angelbeee wrote: »
    Wow you look fantastic. 180 lbs seems a lot but you carry it well! My comparison I am 5'7" and 145 lbs.

Yep she definitely carries her weight well. My goal is 175 for this exact reason.

It's definitely a doable goal. I thought my goal weight would need to be much lower than 170 but after I saw how my body was changing. I don't think I can get much lower than 165 really without sacrificing my lean muscle mass which I don't want to do.

You look fantastic!! I also have a higher goal than most would think. It's not the number, it's how you feel and look and stay strong! Way to go!
  • fabulousmomma
    fabulousmomma Posts: 172 Member
    traceyc83 wrote: »
    I don't have any pictures because I hate getting my picture taken. I'm 32 and am about 5'6" and I started out at 221(my heaviest) in mid July 2015. I finally was able to give up junk food (my addiction) and I started working out 5-6 days a week (I love exercise) and I started praying for God to give me the strength to say no to the foods that were tempting me. Currently(may 2016) I am down 45lbs and I'm weighing in at 176. I plateaued for a few months and just recently started losing again. Id like to lose another 20lbs, and I have faith that it will come eventually. I can see and feel the difference and it's amazing! I can't wait to see how I feel when I actually meet my goal. Keep up the the great work all you MFP people! You've all been very inspiring.

I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
    Philippians 4:13

My thoughts exactly! I love that scripture verse, one of my favorites. Keep up the wonderful work, your doing wonderful <3
  • minusblindfold25
    minusblindfold25 Posts: 23 Member
    edited September 2016
    I haven't figured out how to post pics yet ,
  • nguseva08
    nguseva08 Posts: 3 Member
    I haven't figured out how to post pics yet ,
    @minusblindfold25 It is quite confusing, took me about an hour to try to figure it out

• rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    looking good to all
  • julesloveland
    julesloveland Posts: 93 Member
    Hey. No pics from me yet either but starting weight 12:4
    current weight 11:1 and
    goal weight 10:7 xxx

Hey that's great!! Well done. I've gone from 12st 8lb to 10st12lb. Target was 10st7lb but I might go to 10st now... ooh! Hoping Christmas doesn't balls everything up! Lol!
  • deleineg
    deleineg Posts: 6 Member
    I am so glad I found this thread! I am 5.6 and I did start at 96.1kg (212 lbs, I think) and now I am 84.4kg and these pics are so inspiring.
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    jrulo16 wrote: »
    5'7 160lbs to 120lbs

ziqomrxdy20c.jpeg

I wish I looked like you . Haha. I know weird sorry . You just have the perfect body and since i have had two kids my body doesn't look near what you have. I may even say I'm a little jealous. I do have the wide hips like you but not the boobs hahaha
  • CoryBIsMe
    CoryBIsMe Posts: 74 Member
    samchez0 wrote: »
    ofzeteoqk4wd.jpg

5'7" starting at 205. Currently at 165. Have been doing really poorly these last 3 or 4 months. But I just started the stronglifts program last week so I really look forward to see what changes 2017 will bring me. Goal is around 140 I think.

I'm currently your before picture but was your after a couple years ago. Don't give up! Stick with healthy eating and exercise. You won't regret it.
  • fabulousmomma
    fabulousmomma Posts: 172 Member
    <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!