Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    (((Kim)))

I ate endame and 1/2 navel orange for lunch. The endame was frozen in pods by Pict Sweet and I didn't realize you don't eat the outside. At least I guess you don't. Never had them before.

Carol in GA

Carol You got your fiber. :D:D:D
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get to choir practice tonight. To do that I have to be able to drive. So I have to be up and walking about so that I know I can not only drive but walk to the choir loft. My hair is a mess. I still can't stand long enough to fix it and back hurts to much to sit on a stool but I emotionally need to be in choir practice. I have been wearing ear muffs when ever I am out such as doctor appointment, MRI, etc. I need to do this for myself.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Beth ~ Thanks for that info.
  • snerggly
    snerggly Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year, I don't do resolutions but I am going to put together a vision board of things I wish to accomplish this year. One of which is to keep being physically active.
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Oh Joyce... I sincerely hope you get to choir practice. I've also been in places in my life when choir practice was what made it all worthwhile. Masses of (((((((HUGS))))))) to you my dear :flowerforyou:

/Penny
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :)grward612, I check out audio books from my public library so there is no cost to me and I can download them onto to my phone to listen to while I walk. I read mystery novels especially ones in series so I get to know a character and read many books in a row getting to know the same character (Sue Grafton's "A is for Alibi", etc. or the Robert B Parker books about Jesse Stone, Spenser, and Sunny Randall). I also read non-fiction books that have been recommended by women on this thread ("The Happiness Project" and "Better Than Before" by Gretchen Rubin). I just finished a book by Cleo Coyle that features Claire Cosi, manager of a coffee house in Greenwich Village, NY).

:)Heather, the fact that you and I are so far apart in our feelings about eating for entertainment is a perfect example of the wide variety of ideas that are shared on this thread. What works for one, will not work for another. There is no magic answer. Each of us has had to try things and keep what works and discard what doesn't. On the other hand, you and I agree that exercising at home with a planned routine and a scheduled time is a great way to guarantee being active every day in order to be able to eat more calories.

:) My husband makes marinara sauce in huge batches and freezes it in meal size portions in canning jars. He eats his with a weighed portion of spaghetti and I eat mine with a bowl of steamed frozen cauliflower....we add two meatless meatballs and a bit of Parmesan.

:) The best meal plan is the one you'll stick with and the best exercise program is the one you'll do.

<3 Barbie from NW Washington
  • lacruiser2016
    lacruiser2016 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Barbie, how do you download audiobooks onto your phone? That's a GREAT idea -- I love audiobooks to knit to, and walking to one would be awesome. If this isn't appropriate to discuss on this forum, feel free to email me at nancydiaz710@gmail.com.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,297 Member
    Options
    Penny - Today I put up (a bit late I know) the Spitzberg calendar I bought when we visited your church with you in Longyearbyen last June. It has a polar bear on the cover. Happy memories. <3

On Friday we are going up to London to meet DSIL and her boyfriend again. We are meeting in the Coach and Horses, which is a famous Soho drinking den. :p Then we will go on to an Israeli café in the Charing Cross Road.It's a good choice for a vegetarian, but I expect DH and DSIL will have the amazing Salt Beef.
    We have decided to go to the Caravaggio exhibition at the National Gallery before the meet up, but I wanted to get to London in time for lunch. I have decided to treat DH and me to a meal in the National Portrait Gallery restaurant. It has what I consider to be the best view in London. :D<3 A perfect scene of rooftops, cupolas, domes and Nelson's Column. I'm not bothered about the food, I'll just be looking out of the window. :bigsmile:
    As you can see from my user name I used to live in London. The thing I miss most are the galleries/museums and the Soho/Chinese/Covent Garden area. It was my backyard.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Heatherstory book visions. thanks

Janetr okc
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,387 Member
    Options
    I thoroughly enjoy reading the comments and suggestions here.

Not a lot of time to respond right now, but I did load up on veggies this morning on my shopping trip - carrots, cukes, broccoli - I like to dip them in a bit of hummus. Love the crunch! Not sure I'll be getting a pound a day but it's better than a bag of chips!

Nancy D, I'm also 5'9" (but am tending toward the 5'8 1/2" range) - measurements much the same. Don't want to get skinny, just want to feel healthy and more energetic and get some strength back. And fit into my clothes better.

Gearing up for another cold night...we still have snow on the ground (I'm about halfway between Seattle and Portland OR kind of in the foothills). Weatherman is saying 14 tonite.

Have a great evening all and thanks for the warm welcome!

Lanette

SW Washington State
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    The only time of year I love the weather here in West Texas is this time... 72 degrees tomorrow... it will, however dip down below freezing starting tomorrow night--they expect it to drop more than 50 degrees in 12 hours, between 3 p.m. tomorrow and 3 a.m. Friday morning. Couple nights of frigid temperatures, then back up to 75 degrees Monday, nights in the 50s.

Trying to pay better attention to my body, and have been logging my food, which I'm pleased about. Not trying to restrict anything, just get a good read this week on how much and what I'm actually eating. I always drop three to four pounds on press day, so I'm not trusting that in the slightest. The scale regimens are really interesting. For me, I set Monday as my official weigh-in day, but I weigh every day. I just don't log the number until Monday morning.

Joyce, I hope you get to choir practice and sing your heart out.

Kim--don't have any words of advice. Just thinking about you. You have such heart...

Thinking about y'all,
    Lisa in West Texas
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~ long day at work and we got an invite for a suprise birthday party for Toms cousin, we will be going to that together.. I am going to go through paperwork tomorrow and take it to work and get some of it copied.. going to go to the bank and speak with them about putting my paycheck into my sole account..I did use some Walmart Gift cards and bought a nice comforter and mattress pad for my new bed... trying to keep the rest of the gift card for himalayan salt lamp...
    well will check in in the a.m.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Penny I think it was a question on Jeopardy the other day that I got correct just because of you. Was so proud!!! My husband asked how in the world I knew that and I said it was because of a friend on MFP.

Well, off to get ready to go to choir. I have done a TENS treatment tonight to prepare for this.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    joyce here's hoping the choir practice is just what you needed. Just a thought, could you maybe tape record the practice so you can listen at home, it may make you feel better just to hear it sometimes, just thinkin'

I step on the scale everyday, only write it down once a month. Stepping on everyday reminds me what I'm doing. I also take my BP everyday, that reminds me to watch my salt intake and reminds me that exercise is the reason I no longer have to take BP medicine-my big achievement since working with MFP!!
    NYKAREN
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
    33 degrees in tacoma, that will b my ride home. At least not 27
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

1 min. timed count of each:

Knee push ups 31
    Sit ups - regular 40
    Jumping jacks 67

They were sloppy and lacked good form.. its been too long. I use to do 100 varied crunches at a time... no problem. I would love to get back to that point again this year.

Todays workout...I did the challenges fitness test, 45 mins of yard clean up and over 5 miles on my Fitbit!

@fanncy0626 Mary am I missing anything else for the challenge here? Thanks for taking the lead on it!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 17.53min, 9.8amph, 149mhr, 27degrees, 17mph winds!, 2.9mi= 209c
    apple iwatch- 153c
    SPIN- 40MIN, 82ar, 87aw, 9-16g, 146mhr, 10.3mi = 324c
    apple iwatch- 315c
    ride gym 2 dome- 7.32min, 11.3amph, 134mhr, windy!, 1.4mi = 84c
    apple iwatch- 60c
    walk station 2 wk- 8.24min, 3.3ap, 119mhr, .4mi = 57c
    apple iwatch- 45c
    walk wk 2 sta- 7.11min, 3.8ap, 134mhr, .4mi = 49c
    apple iwatch - 43c
    ride dome 2 hm- 19.28min, 7.9amph, 153mhr, 125ahr, 2.5mi = 200c
    apple iwatch - 144c
    total cal 923
  • richmondlady
    richmondlady Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    lesson learned (...again)...eat "all calories" you are aiming for.....or you'll make-up for it tomorrow! still "net" ok. Joined Lose 20 lbs by March as well as "no late nite snacking".... thinking might be good tools to keep on track.
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    csofled wrote: »
    BeLLe_60 wrote: »
    BeLLe_60 wrote: »
    I am updating my step goal. I am counting steps to miles with my Fitbit. I aim for 4.5 miles and my real goal is 5 miles a day, which is approx. 10600, steps for me.

Welcome Belle! Would you like to be Fitbit friends? Send me a friend request. I will message you that info! My current step goal is 12,500 steps/day. I've been very consistent with this for a while now so should be thinking of increasing that number.

Cheri
    stepping in TX

Thanks Cheri Wow.. your doing great on your steps! Mine will pick up as the weather warms and I will be out in the garden/ yard more. I am only on Fitbit to get my daily numbers to log into the walking challenges I joined here. I am on MFP to much, Fitbit would put me over the top. If I am there more .. I will let you know for sure. Thanks for thinking of me! The two walking I do here are great- motivating challenges . I will link them if you are interested. We can be walking buddies here if you would like?

Belle... keeping it moving in AZ