Marcelyn WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Kelly: Really lovely shower food and I love tying the foods to a book. Adorable theme.

Thanks for all of the compliments on the bags. They are done "in the hoop." Each step outlines where to lay the fabric pieces or sews down the fabric or sews a design. By following the directions you build up the bag. final steps are cutting it out, turning it so the correct side of the fabric shows, and hand sewing the opening shut. Makes turning out a cute bag fairly straight forward.

I forget who asked, but I'm not sure if I will just make for myself and friends or if I will try to sell. Given the cost of materials and time spent creating, I am not sure anyone will want to pay what would be a fair price. I'm still thinking on it.

Mia in MI
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    :)
  • azsundancer
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    df0mib8nej9w.jpg
    Walked the whole thing with my arm in a sling. Ssssllllooooowwwwwww. 3:34:43 finish.

Woooo'- hooo look at you Marcelynh!! Sending you a huge CONGRATULATIONS!!
  • azsundancer
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    BeLLe_60 wrote: »
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Lenora- the Kettlebell burns 20-25 calories/minute compared to 8calories/minute for most other exercises. That is because of the muscle after burn which continues to burn calories 3-4 hours after exercising. I entered it under cardio because on my MFP I can't enter anything under strength training. Go into settings-exercise-cardio and enter minutes-20, calories burned 20or25/minute then save it. Or 400-500 calories. I enter the lower of 20. When you then click on exercise it will show up and you can enter however many minutes you worked out and it will calculate that for you.

<3

Mary from Minnesota

Thanks for this ... it's confusing. Do you have a particular step up plan on ~increasing Sets/ Reps with the KB? That was something I was going to looki into today as I am all over the place with the Challenge .. crunches, sit ups and squats.

Here is a link to my success story. Look through it for a beginner workout, form videos and answers to most questions.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10449355/update-stronglifts-and-kettlebell-transformation-pictures#latest

Let me know if you need anything else!

<3

Mary from Minnesota

Thank you Mary.. I will check it out!!
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,826 Member
    Options
    picgifs-dogs-2080080.gif
  • bmidwinter
    bmidwinter Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Marcelynn - WTG so awesome!

Groceries bought for week, put away and now meal planning in the works. My partner and I are doing this together, so make lunches for both of us the night before. He of course has lost more weight than I, but men (damn them anyways :wink: ) usually lose faster anyways.

Have a great day.

Barb in Edmonton
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Marcelynh: Nice medal. Congratulations! :flowerforyou:

Janetr: I love this quotation and read it to DH, "I thought about making a fitness movie for folks my age and call it "Pumping Rust." He laughed out loud. Thanks! :bigsmile:

We went shopping, and bought new windshield wiper blades for the VW at Walmart. We were struggling with putting them on the car in the store parking lot and a Good Samaritan put them on for us. He was a huge help. I hope that one day I'll have a skill that will allow me to pay it forward to someone who needs my help. I am so grateful.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    :)Marcelyn, your accomplishment is amazing :)

:) I am reading and posting while riding my recumbent exercise bike. Sometimes I knit and watch TV while riding the bike. The other way I combine reading and exercise is with audio books.

<3 Barbie from gradually warming NW Washington
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    .oyq184ku1hje.jpg
    back in the day when I had a broken shoulder! ahhh yes, the memories
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn - Fantastic! :flowerforyou: I have trouble walking 5 miles, let alone over 13 with my arm in a sling. WTG!

I am feeling a little but better as I am getting things done, very slowly. DH is beginning his travel nerves now. :o He is feeling quite uncomfortable. I hope we sleep a bit tonight. We do have plenty of time, but tomorrow we have to tidy and get out of the house for the viewing at 2.30. We will go into town for DH to get his hair cut. I will sort toiletries and medications in the morning. That always takes the longest - suncream, insect repellent, etc etc. And shoes drive me nuts! :#

Heather UK, hoping for a quiet mind tonight. :):):)
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Marcelynlym - B what a great accomplishment. You must be so proud.
    Heather- I always say it takes longer to pack the medicines than the clothes and we don'tt have prescriptions lol.
    Cowboys are making me eat!!!!!!
    SueBDew inTX
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    SueBDew inTX. - indeed the Cowboys look a little lack luster. They're making me anxious. :(

Janetr okc
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Pip, still gives me goose bumbs to see that shoulder, ouch!!

Janetr okc
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn t2034.gif

Karen in Virginia
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Pip, that pic gives em the creeps. Glad you are over it. To all the newbies here, Pip is awesome, she recovered from from that shoulder break.

Joyce, Indiana