True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• thedcubed1
    thedcubed1 Posts: 7,209 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Oh no. I am sure just a calm and collected open conversation with him may ease both of your minds.
    thedcubed1 wrote: »
    Best way I've found to apologize is to use one of the hardest two words to get out sometimes... "I'm sorry"

Don't beat yourself up too much because I'm sure he'll sense that too and good luck with turning it around to be a learning experience!
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Been there. Not these exact words, but words I regret. I feel your pain, truly. It ate at me until I could have a calm talk

Thanks all. Thing is, I know his heart. I know how much of what I say and my affection ( or rejection) effects him. I KNOW how not to react like I did. I have had years to know this, but I let my frustration get the better of me. And yes, it isn't the end of the world, but I firmly believe if I am to expect better from my sons, I have to be better for my sons. That will definitely be in our conversation. And yes, it will start with I am sorry and being an example of taking responsibility for my actions and words.

Man...there was a time it was much easier...miss these days.

qa6ny7jlz4ff.jpg

Yeah man...when all they needed was a good book and a snuggle...good times. But hey...pretty certain you've got even better times to come. Just gotta get through the tough times now. K...gonna quit sounding like a fortune cookie now. :tongue:
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    It's so sad that the bag of blood that gets taken from me every 6 weeks or so goes straight in the garbage.

Are you sure it doesn't get used?

I see them throw it away lol. I have polycythema Vera. My blood is too thick so it's useless sadly.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Oh no. I am sure just a calm and collected open conversation with him may ease both of your minds.
    Best way I've found to apologize is to use one of the hardest two words to get out sometimes... "I'm sorry"

Don't beat yourself up too much because I'm sure he'll sense that too and good luck with turning it around to be a learning experience!
    Been there. Not these exact words, but words I regret. I feel your pain, truly. It ate at me until I could have a calm talk

Thanks all. Thing is, I know his heart. I know how much of what I say and my affection ( or rejection) effects him. I KNOW how not to react like I did. I have had years to know this, but I let my frustration get the better of me. And yes, it isn't the end of the world, but I firmly believe if I am to expect better from my sons, I have to be better for my sons. That will definitely be in our conversation. And yes, it will start with I am sorry and being an example of taking responsibility for my actions and words.

qa6ny7jlz4ff.jpg

That is a great pic, you look like a lot one of my friends here in Iowa in this picture.

I adore your parenting skills and your strive to do the right thing. I so wish more fathers had your sense, my husband included. Don't beat yourself up (seems like we are saying that a lot today lol) but sometimes our anger gets the best of our emotions. We all mess up at times, he will understand that when you sit down and talk to him about it. Good luck!
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    It's so sad that the bag of blood that gets taken from me every 6 weeks or so goes straight in the garbage.

Are you sure it doesn't get used?

I see them throw it away lol. I have polycythema Vera. My blood is too thick so it's useless sadly.

Oh that sucks I'm sorry :confounded:

Eh it's at least gotten me over my fear of needles pretty much since I get jabbed so much lol.
  • jamcdonel
    jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    5x5nygzixj78.jpg

qa6ny7jlz4ff.jpg

It does get better.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    Ughhh...beating myself up a bit fro losing my cool with my youngest son last night. Told him he was useless. Said his reputation in the house was being lazy, not listening, and doing everything he finally does do half-assed. That is NOT who I am as a father, mentor, and leader, so I am very disappointed in myself. Spent all last night and this morning trying to find a way to apologize and turn this into a positive learning experience for both of us.

@Timshel_ try something like this? Be honest....Listen little dude...I'm feeling terrible about what I said. That isn't how a father should talk to his son, that isn't how I truly feel. I was feeling frustrated and upset and I lashed out at you. It wasn't fair, and it wasn't nice...and family shouldn't do that to one another....but the reality of it is that it sometimes happens. None of us are perfect....we aren't machines, and we have emotions that sometimes just get the best of us. The powerful thing about family and respect and love is that when a mistake like this does happen, we are man enough, and strong enough to realize our mistake and own up to it. So i'd like to apologize to you. You're my son, and I don't want to knock you down and put you down with my words. There are plenty of people out in real life who WILL do that. Life can be hard and it certainly isn't always nice and fair. I'm here to help pick you up when life knocks you down, and I always will be. But know that even me, your dad, probably the strongest guy you know, isn't always the strongest guy you know. And thats ok. The important thing is that I do the best I can and I try to make it right. I just wanted you to know that.

<3
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Eh it's at least gotten me over my fear of needles pretty much since I get jabbed so much lol.

Donating blood helped me get over my fear of needles too. I used to have panic attacks now I just cringe.

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    Ughhh...beating myself up a bit fro losing my cool with my youngest son last night. Told him he was useless. Said his reputation in the house was being lazy, not listening, and doing everything he finally does do half-assed. That is NOT who I am as a father, mentor, and leader, so I am very disappointed in myself. Spent all last night and this morning trying to find a way to apologize and turn this into a positive learning experience for both of us.

@Timshel_ try something like this? Be honest....Listen little dude...I'm feeling terrible about what I said. That isn't how a father should talk to his son, that isn't how I truly feel. I was feeling frustrated and upset and I lashed out at you. It wasn't fair, and it wasn't nice...and family shouldn't do that to one another....but the reality of it is that it sometimes happens. None of us are perfect....we aren't machines, and we have emotions that sometimes just get the best of us. The powerful thing about family and respect and love is that when a mistake like this does happen, we are man enough, and strong enough to realize our mistake and own up to it. So i'd like to apologize to you. You're my son, and I don't want to knock you down and put you down with my words. There are plenty of people out in real life who WILL do that. Life can be hard and it certainly isn't always nice and fair. I'm here to help pick you up when life knocks you down, and I always will be. But know that even me, your dad, probably the strongest guy you know, isn't always the strongest guy you know. And thats ok. The important thing is that I do the best I can and I try to make it right. I just wanted you to know that.

Ok. This made me cry. You are pretty amazing, LuLu.