Done with it!

Options
Not my food choices, I'm happy with what I am doing, I'm done with reading these forums.

I'm done with reading comments from super well muscled young men (looking at the picture - may or may not be you) telling me, a 55 year old, overweight, intelligent, pre-diabetic woman that it is all CICO.
Every post which mentions an alternative diet choice is promptly and efficiently, put down with a comment such as "why cut it out?" "It's all a matter of CICO" .

Choosing an eating plan is sometimes way more than a choice to cut out certain things, it may be the thing that saves people's lives, makes them feel better (physically or psychologically), or may be advice from someone medically trained.

There is nothing "wrong" with trying a low carb diet, it may or may not be right for you. Try low fat, try just eating less of everything. Just try until you find what works for you.

Ultimately, yes it boils down to CICO, but they way people get to that is their own business and they are here because they are looking for advice on the choice they have made. It is not inherently unhealthy to eat paleo, nor low carb, nor low fat, it is definitely unhealthy to remain overweight.

Just give people a bit of a break and try encouraging their decision to help themselves by losing the weight, not always putting down the way they choose to do it.

Replies

• Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I want to know where these well muscled young men are, I deserve a birthday treat.............
    Happy birthday! I wish I knew how to do gif type things but still...
  • SymbolismNZ
    SymbolismNZ Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Meh, Wellness vs Weight Loss vs Muscle Building.

All three different things, and mostly when you see people highlight the "You can have anything you want so long as it fits your calories" or the "Don't bother eating your calories back after exercise" routine, you realise wellness isn't what they're after.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I want to know where these well muscled young men are, I deserve a birthday treat.............

Right here.

in my dreams

• Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Oh and Happy Birthday
  • dizzysarah
    dizzysarah Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I agree with what you're saying but try not to get wound up over what people say, maybe it's best you are done if you can't tolerate people's opinions or advice. I don't mean to sound harsh I just mean that if you're so wound up it's probably best for you if you stop reading. Best of luck
This discussion has been closed.