SENIORS GOLDEN SNEAKERS CLUB

Options

Replies

• Pcarolln
    Options
    Hi All:

Shar your weather sound like what we had. I live in Oklahoma City Tomorrow the campus will be open and will go back to work.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hi All:

Shar your weather sound like what we had. I live in Oklahoma City Tomorrow the campus will be open and will go back to work.

Pat is that you? --Marie
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Hi and good morning! Still feeling under the weather, pun intended! Hope shar and jeffrey have electricity. Trying to email my brother in KY. Take care
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    hi Phoebe-- Are you on the road yet?
    I heard from Shar last night so then she still had electricity. Don't know about Jeffrey yet. Their state is really catchiong it. It was pretty rought here in the Dallas area yesterday morning. aand still have problems on the roads The Tv local channels stay on pass tjjeir news time and kept telling about the traffic. This morning it is freezing fog and left over from Yesterday ice storm. the first one we had in 6 years. But not the wprst I have seen here. It is cold here but gonna warm up. You and Jim be careful.

Shar---howdy and good morning to you----Go Blue Team Go. What is the blue team?

Jeffrey haven't heard from you yet after the big snow. Did you lose your lights?

Biggramma---Nice California weather Enjoy it.

and all the rest of you have a nice day.---Marie
  • jeffrey71
    jeffrey71 Posts: 432
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Shar- I heard that you guys really got clobbered down your way. Hope your doing ok!

Marie- We are fine! Just 7" or so more of snow. I just added it to my collection!

Pj- Thanks for the offer but I better pass for now. I want to live in my house not the garage! LOL

Everyone else- I hope you are all doing fine.

Has everyone been exercising? I am still dropping body fat percentage but not a lot of weight due to muscle replacement. But I am happy with the results. In 5 weeks I will be back on cardio and weight loss again until the goal is reached. My youngest may do the Ms. Illiana pagent in March. Shar it is at the Aztar in Evansville. I will keep you all posted. She has the Ms. Cosmopolitan in 2 weeks. My wife is doing the yoga with me now and is going to do the Ab-X with me starting tonight. It is real rough. It is about 380 crunches of different types in 12 minutes. I have been doing it for a few months and I am just getting to the place that I can get through it. It is about the hardest exercise routine I have ever done. I thought that I was ready for it when I was doing about 800 crunches a night but I was not even close to being able to master it. Probably a little age issue there too! LOL

Take care everyone! That is about that is new for me! Still working!

Jeffrey
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am doing fine, I still had electricity and I dug myself out of the foot of snow yesterday. I know a lot of others weren't so fortunate around here. I've just got a pesky cold dragging me down!

Marie - There is a Biggest Loser competition going on here on MFP - see the "Motivation and Support" section of the Message Boards. We are divided up into teams - so there's a blue team, black team, green team, and red team. I'm on the BLUE team!!

Phoebe - I heard a lot of KY didn't have electricity. There are shelters open for people to go to though. I hope your brother is ok!

Jeff - congrats on the body fat % loss!! Keep it up! :drinker:
  • jeffrey71
    jeffrey71 Posts: 432
    Options
    Good Morning from Frozen Indiana!

Cold and snowy still! We are going down to see our mothers on Saturday, about 100 miles south of here. It will be nice to see them. We try to go a couple of times a month but with the weather this winter it has been tough.

We have another potential winter storm for Monday and Tuesday. They are already talking about the possibility of more heavy snow for us. I give up! Bring on the Global Warming!

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe! We are another day closer to spring!

Jeffrey
    Options
    Well at least you folks without power know how to keep warm! ;-) I mean exercise!!!LOL Shar tx for asking about my brother . He emailed & they have power at the moment -they have so many pets-they wont leave them for the shelters. I dont think I could. do we have a real computer virus?!! ok- did I give it to you or vice versa??ROFL!(but now I cant get back up!)I thought IWas better-then I woke up.:-< It is a beautiful blue sky warm day here in Phoenix. We dont mind spending a night in this climate. Marie hope you are just sleeping in-WAKE UP!:-D Jeffrey my dh would replace me if I gave Pudge away now! He is smitten
    Options
    Well at least you folks without power know how to keep warm! ;-) I mean exercise!!!LOL Shar tx for asking about my brother . He emailed & they have power at the moment -they have so many pets-they wont leave them for the shelters. I dont think I could. do we have a real computer virus?!! ok- did I give it to you or vice versa??ROFL!(but now I cant get back up!)I thought IWas better-then I woke up.:-< It is a beautiful blue sky warm day here in Phoenix. We dont mind spending a night in this climate. Marie hope you are just sleeping in-WAKE UP!:-D Jeffrey my dh would replace me if I gave Pudge away now! He is smitten
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I had an early Doc appt. She has order me a brace for my back to see if that will help. Its nothing new I have suffer with back pains for the last 10 or 15 years. She cut my water pill in half. I go back in a couple of weeks.

Jerry and I have been out shopping. been to grocer store, filled jerry car up with gas. then on to Hobby Lobby for a few things. now back home.

Phoebe--- I had to get up early for an early Dr. appt. Been on the run since.

Jeffrey---WHAT A WINTER FOR YOU GUYS.

YOU TOO SHAR.

We are having a wonderful day here. nice and warm Running around without a jacket. but another cold front coming in Sunday nite.

Biggramma, Pat, Caralyn, Ellie, and anysbody else I might have miss ABig hello to you guys

Sammie and I are heading out for a walk as soon as I get a snack.

Marie
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    Hi all.....I know I have not been on much...but my great granddaughter is visiting and I have been enjoying her...She is going home tomorrow:cry:

Her daddy, my grandson, is living with me here in California...and she lives in Elko, Nevada......He does not have her very often.....suppose to get her the last 10 days of every other month....however he does not have the funds to go there all the time.....and gramma does not have the funds to send him there ....

He went in September...as a birthday gift from his dad.....and he went this month as a Christmas gift from his step mom.....

Hope everyone had a good week and will be having a wonderful weekend....:flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi bigramma. Glad to see you. Glad to hear you having a nice visit with you great granddaughter.
    How is you diet coming along?

I am still counting calories but spreading it out to 6 meals a day. So far it is satisfying me.

Have a nice day. Your friend Marie
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    Not really dieting...just maintaining...I am happy where I am for now....I am 50 pounds down from when I started my journey 2 years ago....:flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning everybody.

Bigramma, You have done a good job on maintaining you loss. Conrats. That is one of the hardest job, ever ended battle.

Jeffrey if you and your wife make your trip this weekend dto see your folks be careful.

Shar--with all the exercise you got in shoveling snow you ought to have a good weight loss for the blue team. I got a nice walk in yesterday in the nice warm sunshine. onna get up to 70 today and then Sunday another cold front Sunday nite.

Phoebe---My biggest supporter. We can do this.

Pat, been missing you. How are you doing?

Caralyn---Good morning Have a good day.

Alice my daughter is coming out today to help me on this computer.
    I order a Country star design on the internet and I was unable to get it downloaded . So she is gonna help me get it on a floppy disk. So I can embroideery it on some towels for my other daughter who is gonna be moving in her new house. They have a gate
    into the driveway which we call a Texas Star and she wnts some on towels for one of her bathroom. She said they want 40 bucks for a set at he stores.

Better get up and get my breaakfast and a cup of coffee.

See you guys later and Have a great day.---Marie
    Options
    Marie, your such an early bird! Do you go to sleep early? My aunt is like that. She has the most energy in the mornings. mine is at night. I havent tasted anything in two days. this could be an unofficial study-see if I eat less when my focus is Not on taste. it might be a new diet tool: nosepins-instead of clothespins-Ill be RICH! you can say you knew me when. or maybe not! have a happy sunday-oops I mean Saturday:-S
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi Phoebe
    Hope you get to feeling better, but not getting back to eating too much.
    I am going to try to spread my meals out to 6 a day and still keep up with my caloie chart. That food chart is the grandest thing ever. It is gonna be in the 70 today so Sammie and I will have a little walk later. Alice was surpose to be out but she had to go in to work so she will be out tomorow.Did you get the E-mail from Gayla? Glad everthing went fine for Neil surgery.

Have a great day. Marie
    Options
    Hi Marie, yes I got that email. Gonna have to see my Dr. not improving. going back to sleep, talk to you tomorrow-if you arent too busy on superbowl Sunday!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning Phoebe. gosh I hope you are feeling better this morning. Jerry and I have been lucky this year so far. Usally we have one bad one a year.

Shar,,,, Do hope you are feeling better too. To much shoveling.!

Jeffrey---Hope you and your wife made it to see your folks. and that the weather is nice.

And good morning to Biggramma, Pat, and Caralyn.

And good morning to all our vistors this morning.

I am enjoying a nice cup of coffee before I hop in the shower and get dress. Will have a nice small bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. Alice will be out this morning and we will go out for lunch. Then i will cook Jerry some chicken and dumplings for supper. I will probale have a chicken salad. And then time for football. We are rooting for Arizonia. YEAH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY

MARIE
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Here is a pic of my grand-daughter's puppy, Prasley
    100_0734.jpg
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    This is my dd family
    100_0720.jpg