The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Can I just express how excited I am that it's my weekend off and I'm not working any OT??
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,206 Member
    Options
    Can I just express how excited I am that it's my weekend off and I'm not working any OT??

Nice! Hope you have a chance to relax. Hope they don't call you and surprise you with OT because, "Hey Bethanie, (insert name here) couldn't make it in today. Can you fill in?" :frowning:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I'm already getting asked to pick up shifts on my new job. I think it's a good sign that they're already thinking of me for extra hours, but they didn't get annoyed when I told them it conflicted with my school schedule. I told them I'd be glad to pick up extra hours over the summer, but I probably wouldn't be able to do much until the end of the semester. They told me that there would almost certainly be extra hours/ shifts to be had, and they seemed quite happy that I volunteered that.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    That's cool. You can make extra bucks to buy books for Fall semester. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I am gassy and bloated and I've missed my step goal 2 days in a row after having hit 12k steps EVERY DAY since Christmas.

I am very tired because just two days off in a row, while on nights, is just not enough to hang out with friends and do all of the weekly errands that need done. I did not get adequate sleep.

Thankfully, I work Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, and then my vacation starts. I have a job interview on my Birthday(Feb. 9th) with Amazon. My GPS says it takes 1 hour and 7 minutes to get to the location, but one of my friends said he did it in 45 minutes from a similar location to my house, so we'll see.

If they give me an offer that I like, and the drive is okay, I think it might be a good fit. Just to have a job where I feel like I'm actually DOING something instead of sitting in a chair/walking around and doing nothing.

We aren't even required to call in our area checks on the radio anymore because it is now considered "Useless Radio Traffic" by the Risk Management Team.

Ultimately, if Amazon gives me a good offer, I will take it because it is Four 10 hour days or Three 12 hour days with one day of mandatory overtime based on the needs of the warehouse.

If they DON'T give me a good enough offer, I will stay here, pay off my car, pay off my credit card, and then hit school up pretty hard to be able to feel like I'm doing something.

But I am still looking because they are talking about possibly doing a second round of lay offs in May. :neutral:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    @BodyByBex Four 10 hr days, that's a great schedule. I wish I could do something like that with mine.

Very slow typical Saturday for me thus struggling to stay awake.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I think I may have to take a dog to surgery. We're taking X-Rays every hour to see if I can turn the intestines medically. If not, I'm going to have to do it surgically.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I have been doing AWFUL in my eating lately. Trying to adjust to a new schedule's got me like...ugh! I'm tired, and it's harder to control my eating...so much for wondering why losing weight on night shift is hard...

@BodyByBex -what are you going to do on your vacay, other than catch up on sleep?

@sufferlandrian -how's the pup doing now?
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I have been doing AWFUL in my eating lately. Trying to adjust to a new schedule's got me like...ugh! I'm tired, and it's harder to control my eating...so much for wondering why losing weight on night shift is hard...

@BodyByBex -what are you going to do on your vacay, other than catch up on sleep?

@sufferlandrian -how's the pup doing now?

Well I have a job interview on my birthday(the 9th) and I will hopefully help my mother finish painting the kitchen and I have my pre-op appointment on the 15th and the surgery on the 17th.

My mother has mentioned something about spending the 10th-12th in Corpus Christi, so I may be actually going somewhere but I'm not sure.

I'll have a lot of time on my hands so I'll probably cook, clean, and workout a lot. I have finally(hopefully) decided on a degree plan. I cannot believe it took me so long to figure it out and yet I totally can. I know 50 year olds who have no idea what they want to do with their life.

Anyway, I'm going to be scoping out the local community college to see what my options are for credit transfers from my other colleges and what will/wont work schedule wise for my education. I definitely have school on the brain though as I get ready to turn 28.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I managed to turn the intestines medically and the dog did great! The next dog had 9 live pups and one dead pup but the 9 and the mother are doing well. The next dog has a big nasty infected uterus. We got that out and the dog is doing well. All three seizure dogs are doing great. Wish I could have saved the renal failure dog but that was a long shot. All in all, a good weekend.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    [/quote] Nice! Hope you have a chance to relax. Hope they don't call you and surprise you with OT because, "Hey Bethanie, (insert name here) couldn't make it in today. Can you fill in?" :frowning: [/quote]

So this just about happened lol. I lucked out though and ended up needing the weekend off bc I'm fighting off cooties now. I'm glad most of the doggies are doing well :smile:

@BodyByBex I still don't know what I want to be and I'm quickly headed for 33 lol. You're way ahead of me however, you have a plan of action. I hope you're vacation is relaxing and surgery goes well *hugs*

I spent my weekend off trying to stay awake and get housework done, and eating like crap. :lol: It's all about balance. Please don't google and make Mamaw Emily's Strawberry Cake. It's effing amazing!! And totally bad for you.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I got accepted into the grad school program that I applied to!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options

Yeah!!! Way to go! :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options

HECK YEAH! :star:
  • bethanie0825
    Options

So effing excited for you!!!!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Let me just say that your 'life plan' may change in a few years Bex, lol. I had stuff all planned out from when I was quite young, but my life has been an adventure of all kinds of interesting jobs and experiences. Don't shut off your chance at random opportunities when you see them come up... you never know where they may take you! I say if something interests you then go for it! Of course, this changes if you decide to have children because we can always live on a shoestring or go through a period of upheaval as singles or couples, but kids usually need some continuity and structure to allay fears.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I'm doing homework and trying to stay awake. How is everyone's night going?
  • Dreamcrusher16
    Dreamcrusher16 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    :s soooooo slooooooow
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    One patient all night. Got an hour and a half in exercising but now I'm done. You can only ride a stationary bike for so long.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Got some upset intestines tonight. Glad I don't work construction. At least I'm never more than 100 feet from a bathroom at my clinic.