Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    I booked 90 minutes massages for hubby and me for Valentine's! And they're running a Valentine's special - $200 of gift cards for $150. So I'm going to go get one of the gift cards today and use it on us.

We're actually doing the massages on the 20th, because we are both off for President's Day. Then we can go out to lunch afterward. Kid will be in school, and everyone else will have already celebrated <3 Day. :)

That sounds great! Why is your kid in school? Isn't that a holiday?

They are using it to make up for the snow days they took. Yay!

Ahhh
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Blue bell salted caramel ice cream is SOOO Good.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    It wasn't just an inkling, we do have tiny houses compared to some. My house is quite a good size by UK standards (I can believe it). US, Australian and Canadian houses are MASSIVE! It must feel like you're penned in if you ever move here.

An interesting graphic:

http://shrinkthatfootprint.com/how-big-is-a-house

Wow, if I remember right, at one time I had a one bedroom apartment that was ~900sq ft to myself. Some of the sizes mentioned in that article for the flats really stunned me. I guess we are just used to having space here.

Our 3 bedroom house with full unfinished basement is 1432 sq. ft. and it's just the three of us. Our basement currently has a finished bathroom that I'm proud to say my husband did all on his own, a safe room (tornado alley and all), 2 potential bedrooms (that my husband wants to turn into a home gym), a storage room, and a 600 sq. ft. open space that we're hoping to turn into a bar/game/entertainment room.

I can live in cozy, but I don't know if I could live in cramped quarters again.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Powerlifting training was awesome and I <3 it! I pulled 315 deads for him, and have lots of work to do on my squats and bench. He wants me compete in less than a month!!! So now I need squats shoes (already ordered), knee wraps, and a singlet. Whatever, it's just $$$, right? :#

It's an investment!

This! What shoes did you go with? I'm still holding off on buying the wraps, knee sleeves and singlet. I found out April's comp may be cancelled, we are 10 weeks away and the registration still isn't open so I may be pushed back to July :/

I got inov-8s, because I couldn't justify $400 for a pair of Romeleos... :o

i5wlf3qcck27.jpg

Got them for $80. And a Titan singlet, and knee sleeves. I'm gonna need a second job. :#

fc9bnee08ai9.jpg

Those are beautiful! I got myself some Adidas powerlift 2.0 a few months back, they help a ton with squat and bench!

So, @MissKalhan, the inov8s were too small (and they were beautiful :'( ) and they didn't have anything bigger. So, now I've ordered Pendlays...(which, of course, cost more :/ )

3x8lo80lm12o.jpg

Is it me, or does it look like it has a heal on it? I thought they should be completely flat?

Squat shoes have a raised heel to help with ankle mobility. I have terrible flexibility in my ankles (I learned Friday from my trainer). He had me put my heels on 5 lb weight plates and then squat. HUGE improvement! So the squat shoes do the same thing. For me, I had actually been doing the wrong thing by wearing Chucks. Total depends on the person, though.

The last few times I've worn my lifting shoes for squats, me feet have hurt SO BAD. They never hurt before so I don't what's going on. I can't really afford another pair of lifting shoes, so I will just have to deal or go back to wearing my tennies.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    tobistat wrote: »
    Fitbit challenges.

Nicci won with 80k!
    Susie won with 100.9!
    Mo, I put you in the 'low steppers' but let me know if you want to do the other group or both.

Everyone else let me know if you want me to change anyone else up this week!

If anyone is missing and wants to join let me know.

Way to go nicci! You've really gotten a lot the last few weeks.

Haha thanks. The 2017 mileage challenge is really making me move, but I'm not sure if I can keep this up, it's interfering with work a bit.

I should probably change groups though? Particularly as I was an advocate of high/low groups. I can change back when I drop back (as is inevitable)

I've only done 88 miles so far :# x12 that leaves me 961 short. Once the weather picks up I'm sure the mileage will to.

ETA I'm doing additional miles. I'm not counting my daily mileage. So if I go on my bike I will add that, but walking around the office day-to-day doesn't count. Have I just made my life really difficult?

I'm tracking running independently so I get it. I'm on track with regular walking, etc. Because of the barn on weekends. I'm completely failing if I just track running.

I'm not quite back to running yet. I think I'm too heavy for my knees to cope, I get a shooting pain in the back of the knee even if I walk too fast. Bike and swim seems to be helping it a lot though. I want to try running again in April-ish.

I want to go to my local 24 Hour Fitness and see how busy the pool is after work. I think it would do my body good to get back to swimming. I like to swim and just don't have many opportunities to do it. It would be nice to not have to swim in a pool full of people.

You spelled "pee" wrong. :laugh:
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Fitbit challenges.

Nicci won with 80k!
    Susie won with 100.9!
    Mo, I put you in the 'low steppers' but let me know if you want to do the other group or both.

Haha thanks. The 2017 mileage challenge is really making me move, but I'm not sure if I can keep this up, it's interfering with work a bit.

I should probably change groups though? Particularly as I was an advocate of high/low groups. I can change back when I drop back (as is inevitable)

I've only done 88 miles so far :# x12 that leaves me 961 short. Once the weather picks up I'm sure the mileage will to.

ETA I'm doing additional miles. I'm not counting my daily mileage. So if I go on my bike I will add that, but walking around the office day-to-day doesn't count. Have I just made my life really difficult?

I'm tracking running independently so I get it. I'm on track with regular walking, etc. Because of the barn on weekends. I'm completely failing if I just track running.

I'm not quite back to running yet. I think I'm too heavy for my knees to cope, I get a shooting pain in the back of the knee even if I walk too fast. Bike and swim seems to be helping it a lot though. I want to try running again in April-ish.

I want to go to my local 24 Hour Fitness and see how busy the pool is after work. I think it would do my body good to get back to swimming. I like to swim and just don't have many opportunities to do it. It would be nice to not have to swim in a pool full of people.

That is always a possiblitiy with public pools, I am just hoping it isn't used much! Have you tried putting the small plates under your heels while wearing your lifting shoes during squats? That might help, like quik said. I am by no means as proficient a lifter as yourself or quik, but I want to be one day!
  • raymax4
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I have reservations about swimming in a pool with a lot of peeple.

Has anyone had experience with the Endless pool or any other company like that.

We are considering getting one but don't know what sort of problems they may have.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Maybe I am gross, but when you think about the volume of water in the average pool, versus how much pee a few people can possibly produce in an hour or so, and it really becomes a drop in the ocean. Plus the water is treated.

The ones who annoy me are the ones who stop and chat in the lane section. You have half the pool to meander about in and I am clearly swimming up and down here in one of only 3 lanes I'm already sharing with 5 other swimmers. Rage!

Still wish I could get back to swimming though.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Fitbit challenges.

Nicci won with 80k!
    Susie won with 100.9!

That is always a possiblitiy with public pools, I am just hoping it isn't used much! Have you tried putting the small plates under your heels while wearing your lifting shoes during squats? That might help, like quik said. I am by no means as proficient a lifter as yourself or quik, but I want to be one day!

What would be the purpose of the plates? I don't ever remember my feet hurting when we were doing heavy squats 3+ times a week before.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Maybe I am gross, but when you think about the volume of water in the average pool, versus how much pee a few people can possibly produce in an hour or so, and it really becomes a drop in the ocean. Plus the water is treated.

The ones who annoy me are the ones who stop and chat in the lane section. You have half the pool to meander about in and I am clearly swimming up and down here in one of only 3 lanes I'm already sharing with 5 other swimmers. Rage!

I don't think it's gross, I was just teasing. There are so many chemicals in public pools, pee doesn't stand a chance. I would love to start swimming, but I HATE being seen in a bathing suit, I hate being cold and wet, and I'm not a fan of public changing rooms.
  • raymax4
    Options

People interrupting my swim flow would be the reason for the endless pool as well as not having to leave home. I just enjoyed piggy backing on MO's joke.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Fitbit challenges.

Nicci won with 80k!
    Susie won with 100.9!

What would be the purpose of the plates? I don't ever remember my feet hurting when we were doing heavy squats 3+ times a week before.

It could be ankle mobility issues, hence the plate idea. Although it sounds like it could be something to do with your arches, I have horrid arches and have to be on the look out for them collapsing when I squat or dead.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie, I totally deleted my beautifully logged tuna and avocado kale salad lunch and trimmed down my dinner in favour of making room for 1,700 calories worth of a homemade (and keto compliant) chocolate chip cookie dough protein ice cream. I'm scheduled to run 15 tonight so that's justifiable right? Lollllll
  • Miz_T
    Miz_T Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Talenti chocolate peanut butter gelato is da debil.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Not gonna lie, I totally deleted my beautifully logged tuna and avocado kale salad lunch and trimmed down my dinner in favour of making room for 1,700 calories worth of a homemade (and keto compliant) chocolate chip cookie dough protein ice cream. I'm scheduled to run 15 tonight so that's justifiable right? Lollllll

Totally justifiable! Ice cream is the best!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Miz_T wrote: »
    Talenti chocolate peanut butter gelato is da debil.

Yeah, I find that many of their flavors match that description. I still love them.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    This weekend I kicked some major butt and hit over my 1rm for deadlifts (215lbs) and could of easily done two at that weight. Needless to say this whole coach thing is FANTASTIC.

Oh in minor details: My Monday is freaking fabulous because I have a NEPHEW! My little sister gave birth this morning and he is the most beautiful little guy I have ever seen <3

Awww congratulations Auntie! Imagine how many babies you can put up with those arms, haha ;)