WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Rori wrote "Janetr: Sending prayers for your grandson, and your peace of mind."

Thanks so much, I appreciate the prayers. By the way, I sent you a message not sure you received it, I would love to meet with you the week of the 27th when you will be here in OKC.

Janetr OKC

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: Your poor knees! I hope they heal quickly and don't cause too much pain in the process. :flowerforyou:
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Pip OMG! That hurts me just to see it. How the heck are you getting around? Hope you heal fast. Hugs! ❤
    -- Ginger in Texas
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Karen - Sending prayers for Olivia and glad for any improvement. Katie must be so grateful to have your support.

Margaret - Thanks for your thoughts for Mel. He is 5 yrs older than me and has helped me in many ways. We have always been quite close.
    I'm glad that your knee is feeling better.

Rita - Be careful with all that shovelling. I no longer shovel because of my back. Larry has his snow blowers (we seem to have a collection). Most winters the snow doesn't stay long enough to be a problem.

Lenora - Loved hearing about your date night. It sounds interesting.

Janetr - Praying for your grandson. It is so hard for those who love an addict. There is hope. Our son has now been clean and sober for about 13 years and built himself an amazing life.
    The flowers are beautiful.

Heather - Your friend is lucky to have your support. It is good that she has the Morocco trip to look forward to.
    Love the holiday photo.

Tammy - The car is a 1969 Cutlass Convertible. DH restored it for our daughter's wedding 14 yrs ago. Wow! I didn't realize how long we've had it. Looking forward to summer cruising with the lid down.

Yvonne - A gathering of old friends is good for the soul. GO!!!

Michele - Vince seems almost fearful about going to FL. Is it his eyes? Does he not like travel or change?
    LOL about your shooting date.

Sarah - Our snow is almost gone again. Chinooks will do that for you.

Kim in N. California - oh, Kim. Stay Strong. This is such a sad situation. Your poor DM. I am so sorry that you have had to deal with abuse. I am sorry that your poor DM feels that your brother's behaviour is somehow her fault. There are just no words that can make any of this better or even okay. Praying peace for you.

Re - Great NSV about the hidden treasure clothes.
    I need to follow your example on the food prep.

Joyce in Indiana - Yes, our P.M. is easy on the eyes. I'm sure that did garner him some votes.

tekavincent - I'm sorry for your losses. You have a lot on your plate. Be kind to yourself.

Pip - those knees look painful. Healing hugs to you.

This morning was not fun at work. No one did the paperwork for the weekend. We had a lot to put back in place plus about 30 pages of price changes. Trucks at the door, registers going down, contractors in the way as they replaced tiles, etc, etc. I was so glad to walk out and leave it behind. My sister called me about 10 minutes before I was done work. My mind, of course, jumped to the worse possible scenario. Turns out she phoned to ask if I had taken 2 pieces of her puzzle. Really? You're calling me at work over a puzzle? I was seething. Why would I take pieces of a puzzle I bought her? I am not in the habit of purposely trying to frustrate someone. Still having a hard time believing it. I think she needs a life!

DD installed 7 of her paintings in an eatery today. She is installing further pieces on Friday in a high end pub.
    She is working on some proposals for public submissions. I am such a proud Mama!

DDIL had a successful event. Over a hundred couples were married for free in Robson Square yesterday. A lot of media coverage which should bring more clients. I am such a proud Mama-in- law ! Pop Up Weddings is having a great year.

My niece called today. We talked figure skating, weddings, fashion and business. I always enjoy our phone visits.

Tomorrow is my visit to the weight loss nurse. I'm hoping the scale goes the right way.

-Sharon in Lethbridge
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Woke up this morning to find that my husband of 42 years had given me roses and a rosebush instead of his usual roses and chocolate. I was really happy that he was supportive of my dieting in this way.

Lenora: does anyone else in your family have hand tremors? My father had and my youngest sister now has what is called essential tremors syndrome, with shaking hands.

I liked your saying about old and new friends. If you haven't seen it, you might check out this series of photos taken by four friends over 40 years. For some reason they decided to strike very serious poses in the first one and kept it up over time. It would have been lovely to have had smiling faces, but the mere fact of friends celebrating their lifelong relationship in this way was touching.
    http://ammmazing-woman.com/took-picture-40-years/

Tammy: glad to find another pinner here. What is your user name? Mine is cessyfr. I have dozens of food boards, many of them calorie laden, but the various salad boards, soups, guiltfree, vegetable, vegan, and those marked low calorie have lots of recipes that are MFP friendly. I am occasionally trolling my other boards for additional recipes that will fit.

KJ - what you might try is to make up a small size batch of the soup and eat it in front of him, offering him a small taste. You might find he likes it. The seafood balances the cilantro, so it is not quite so herby.

- Leigh in France
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Read all your posts
    Hugs for those who need them and congrats for those who have successes

My mind is all over the place at the moment cos of family problems but knowing others have their crosses to bear puts it in perspective. Sometimes we can't do anything but be strong and be there when we are needed. Sometimes I wish my Mum was still here to talk to, she was one who worried about the little things but in a crisis boy did she step up.

I know I have to look after myself and DH so back on track and moving forward

Have a good day

Kate UK <3<3
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Was having computer problems hence I have been MIA. Running great now after researching the problem and fixing it so I'll be back tomorrow. Never going to get through 378 posts so will just start on current page and work backward.

Missed you all!

Gloria in WA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,790 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    Happy Valentines Day to each and every one of you.. Love you all <3
    Kim~ sorry you have had to go through this..Praying for you,your mom and nephew...
    Janet~ addiction is a horrible thing....
    The reason I use the serenity prayer is that I try and live my life through it..
    My mom was a friend of Bill W and I learned alot from what she learned...
    Hope everyone has a good day..
  • spikeyhair
    Options
    Jessica Smith 20 min vid and did a plank for first time held for 1 minute

Need to do some housework

Kate UK
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,332 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    PS - There are loads of books on Amazon on how to deal with emotionally abusive people and how to recognise narcissists and those who use "gaslighting" techniques. Barrie Davenport is one author and there are others on dealing with narcissists. Recognising what is happening is the biggest part of the battle.
    I do not have a narcissist in my life at the moment, but I occasionally come across one. DH can sometimes get things skewed when he is stressed and blame me. It's good to be aware. I love my improving books. :D
    Allie - are you listening?

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

MIND GAMES, by Pamela Cole looks good.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Beautiful mom, gotu52 <3
    NYKAREN
  • lacruiser2016
    lacruiser2016 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Well, today is weigh day and I'm up 1 lb. So discouraging. Will go back and look over my food diary for the last week.
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Kim - I feel your pain. My father's departure from this Earth raised the sanity and decency levels in Texas quite sharply. And not to denigrate those who mean well, but when people tell me that I have to forgive him his abuse in order to reach peace for myself, it simply makes me laugh. Your mother's comment is really telling of why your brother is what he is--because she made him that way. All of this you know. Just sending major hugs and letting you know how proud I am of you--and utterly agree with Heather. Just keep staying out of their swamp of misery, it can only drag you down, and would benefit no one, especially you.

JanetR - I'm so sorry about your grandson. I keep telling my kids that they're not speaking to their birth mother when she gets on the phone with them and says some truly awful things--they're talking to whatever her drug of choice is at that moment. And drugs have no conscience, no heart and no soul.

Off to work, long day ahead, thinking of you all. Hopefully surgery is tomorrow for my DH.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in West Texas
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,679 Member
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    Tammy: Gorgeous photo of your high mountain snow hiking. Do you wear snowshoes on your hikes?

Pip: Hope that drama at work gets resolved and you are heard, respected and rewarded. What’s your kitty’s name?

Guess who will be getting her colonoscopy at the end of this week? Can hardly wait to get started with the prep….hello jello!

Stay well friends. We can do this.
    Rori
    Colorado Foothills

February Resolutions
    HIIT 3 times per week
    Water with lemon daily
    Fast at least 10 days this month
    Practice Reiki daily
    Word for 2017: Attune

her name is bootz
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3
  • spikeyhair
    Options
    Kate UK
  • spikeyhair
    Options
    Know some of you watch This is Us on TV it is on in UK but I have missed first 6 episodes Just watched ep 7 and loved it so have now bought Ep 1 from Amazon

Kate UK