Replies

• ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    :)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    NYKaren- Congratulations on your success! Good luck figuring out your next set of goals!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Janetr ... ooooh ... those are pretty!

Karen in VA ... mine were ordered from a distributor/rep/? through Facebook ... niece put me in touch with her friend who sells them. Otherwise, I'm not certain how you get connected.
  • hereslibby
    hereslibby Posts: 93 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Becca : love the mini loaf idea. Are those low calorie?
    And the pics of the cats. Nope! My cats have no sense of personal space!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    hereslibby wrote: »
    Becca : love the mini loaf idea. Are those low calorie?
    And the pics of the cats. Nope! My cats have no sense of personal space!

Well for 1/2 of a loaf its 111 calories, not low calorie in my book. Not sure of the fat. I will let you know. I used the Betty Crocker cookbook.
    Becca
    I don't have cats, I just mentally rent other peoples cats!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Libby in AZ Congrats on your loss! I view my rollercoaster weight as my body's own heartbeat. As long as my weight slowly goes down, I'm happy.
    Becca
    Oregon
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Joyce. Hope you enjoy your custard.
    Mia - love the picture of you and your hubby. Bet you had fun with the dolphins.
    Libby - great loss. Keep on keeping on.
    Didn't sleep well last night so came home after golf and slept two hours.
    For the next 40 days, I m going to avoid candy, cookies, and chips. They are my downfall.
    We'll see how that goes.
    Yes, there are several Yexas gels here. You will get to know th m as most are active on the thread.
    SueBDew in TX
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Karen, the easiest way to find a consultant is to search on FB. You have to ask to be added to a group, then the consultant will have album sales and you can order. There is no catalog.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Libby, I'm sorry you are sick. My suggestion is hot lemon tea with honey. If you have it, maybe a splash of whiskey in the tea.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3:)<3
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Libby - Bless you! That's miserable.
    • My cure-all for everything is a long soak in a warm bath. It just makes me feel better. Bonus if you've got Epsom Salt maybe some lavender essential oil to add to the water.
    • Increase Vitamin C. 500mg x 4 times a day.
    • Ibuprofen (Advil) for headache. (Aspirin and Tylenol may increase stuffy nose.)
    • Saline solution for your nose.
    • I drink hot/warm lemon water. Or chicken broth.
    • Eat chicken soup. I use frozen veggies and chicken. Add chicken or vegetable broth.
    • If you're congested - eat spicy. If it makes your eyes water - it'll make your nose run.
    • Wash hands frequently. Cold Virus can survive for several hours on surfaces.
    • Give yourself permission to do nothing. Bundle up and rest.

Feel better! And congrats on the loss.

-- Ginger in Texas
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Joyce - Happy Birthday to you. I ask for a new pair of slippers from my husband each Christmas :) love love love slippers
    Mia - love the pics! You are shining/glowing with happiness

A week after my finger surgery and everything is healing very nicely. I've enjoyed having this week off from cooking or doing dishes. DH and I each take a week long turn at cooking dinner and the other one is on clean up duty. This week he handled both jobs. Next week I should be up to washing up after he cooks, but we'll have to see ;)

queene in PA
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Been sick all day! UGH! Sick at my stomach and all that sort of $#*T! I feel like Hell-O Kitty! Not helping that I am 'stressing' over DOS & DDnL#1's issues. Hard to have to 'sit back and just watch things crash & burn'. I am a 'fixer'; and, that just doesn't go well together.

What I will 'never' ever understand is 'why' she supposedly turned down a 'significant' raise and transfer back to town; because of picking up girls from school. They have a bus that runs to the town she is working in and she can take off, go get them, and let them stay. According to DOS - they were not going to let her 'take off' to go pick them up that late in the day. IF it was my 16-year-old daughter who had gotten her Learner's License and they did not 'make' her learn to drive ??? what is it with this crapola? I could have driven to the school, and let her 'drive home'. This 'supposed' raise was about $75 a week over what she is making now. Which is about 2/3rd of what she was making when she 'up and quit a job she hated ... without having another to go to'. She had gotten made so often and walked out, gone back; guess she figured her 'boss just could not do without her'. WRONG! Six weeks with no income from her side.

I wonder 'if' she actually got the job 'offered' to her or not. I don't know why my DOS wasn't 'more' upset. I would have 'blasted' my spouse out of the water over that. And, she 'thinks' their $$$ troubles 'are all her fault'. GOOD GRIEF, please do NOT come over here. I will never understand why he cannot 'accept the fact that I can NOT give legal advice ... I'm NOT an attorney'. Neither of them will like what I have to say. I can't bite my tongue; and, I will probably 'lose' it. Pray for us all. Two sons, polar opposites and have always had a 'good relationship' with one another. Now that they are both married, the differences are beginning to show. I'm feeling a 'good cry' coming on.

Read the posts; just could not respond to 88 posts. Too overwhelming. I usually check the site when I post my meals. Phone service was out for a few hours. I thought I heard an ambulance this afternoon (was washing clothes) and I went to call the neighbor, no service. So later, I walked over to see if they had phone service. She drove up as I was leaving. Boy, her DH has gotten very feeble. He is younger than Louis; but, he looks and acts a LOT older.

Chow!

Lenora

P.S. - Pip - good things come to those who are patient and wait. Isn't this just about the Cat's Meow insofar as the changes in your workplace? Good Luck, girl!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn: I hope that all is well for your DD and the baby. (((hugs)))

Lisa: "Don't break the chain" is an excellent mantra. :star:

Becca: Your eggs look "marvelous!" Enjoy every bite. :smile:

fred957: Great goals! :smiley:

NYKaren: Congrats on you success at the goals that you had in the beginning. Stick with us. Maintenance is a new and big challenge. :star:

Sue in WA: I'm looking forward to the bonus, too. DH might come along if he is well enough. I plan to be there, either way. :bigsmile:

Becca: I love the analogy of your weight loss as a heart beat. It is a lovely. I hope it works to keep you on track. (((hugs)))

Grogers511: Add me to the list of advocates of a long soak in a warm bath. Rest is so important and sometimes that long soak in the tub is the best way to relax enough to rest. :smiley:

Lenora: My kids often baffle me in their choices, too. I try to stay out of the role of making judgments, but I'm probably not totally successful. I know from their responses to me that I could improve in judgmentalism area. :embarassed:

I spent some time at the stable today. I groomed Arrow and lunged him. I felt good, and I think he did, too. I am not the only one working with him, and his attitude is improving due to all the attention. Riding lesson tomorrow and Washington State Horse Expo on Sunday. I can hardly wait to meet Sue in WA and her daughter.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    :)Lisa, I put a sticker on a calendar for every day that I walk over 10,000 steps. I've been doing that for about 10 years, but my streak isn't continuous. I love seeing stickers on a calendar. Also weighing morning and night and writing down the weight either encourages me to keep going or reminds me to get back on track.
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Gloria in WA - I had that numbness in fingers/thumbs of both hands. Those kept me awake at night. Just aching. Once I started on Naproxen (Aleve) - it eased up. Then when I retired from my job with heavy computer use - it got much better.

I began doing neck/face exercises and I've wondered if those caused a pinched nerve. The neck roll specifically. In therapy they had me roll my head side to side and front to back - but told me not to roll it Round in a circle I have numbness in my right hand middle finger. Sometimes it's very light, sometimes it's more numb and spreads to the ring finger also. And my whole hand. And my whole hand can go numb when I drive or hold the newspaper.

Hope your's improves.
    --Ginger in Texas