40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• alleehill2
    alleehill2 Posts: 14 Member
    Just found this group and would love to be a part of the cook kids :smile: My name is Alicia, I am 42. I work 3rd shift which is 11p-7a. I am single mom of 2 teenage daughters. I would love to loose a total of about 60 lbs. Im about 15 down now. I feel great but have lots of questions and would love some feedback. Can't wait to make more friends :smile:
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    edited March 2017
    @alleehill2 Welcome to the Cool Kids! If your a 3rd shift worker, don't miss the official night shift thread. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/39072250#Comment_39072250
  • daizirose
    daizirose Posts: 27 Member
    Hello :)
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    food prep=Done
    laundry=Done
    was gonna put a dent in "Rise of the Tomb Raider" (I think I'm almost at the end), but Amazon sent me the EU version of "The Last Guardian" (on sale last week! $19.00!!)...for "reasons" I guess? had to make sure it would play on a US system, so...
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    HIIT class done yesterday. Instructor switched it up so sore today which is okay since today is waaaay too cold to go out running (or at least I've convinced myself is it :) ) So just a relax day today
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Got my first bike in since November. Not a bad ride, not a good ride either but not too bad.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Hey guys. I've been walking with Margie everyday. With my new tent and 3 days of food, my pack weight is up to 25 pounds. For the last couple of weeks I've been doing an hour before lunch, then an hour after. Today I upped that to an hour fifteen, then did one minute on the stair-stepper with my pack. {did I mention there are 604 steps to the top of Amicola Falls? Then you get to rest on the 8 mile hike on up Springer Mountain} Let me tell you, that one minute kicked my butt. So I guess that will have to become a part of my everyday routine.
  • TK6299
    Completely switched up my workout day before yesterday... back to being sore, lol. Oh so good though.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    No exercise for me this weekend. Yesterday was major housecleaning and laundry (had a B&B guest arriving, and we are leaving tomorrow). Today, after feeding guests breakfast, cleaned the room & bathroom and prepared dinner for my son & grandkids. Finished the ironing and packing and after dinner clean up. Relaxing a bit, watching the Briar final before I make some muffins for the guest arriving tomorrow. (She's a regular and will stay here 2 nights on her own) My son will come by on Tuesday night to check in to make sure all is well.
  • TK6299
    @sdereski It sure sounds like you wont have any time to get any exercise in, but it also sounds like you had your workout with the housecleaning and laundry. You deserve a break!!
  • alleehill2
    alleehill2 Posts: 14 Member
    Hello, I felt much better today. Someone left a Swiss Miss roll on their desk last night and said I could have it...I did not eat it :) I was doing a 10 day sugar detox and lost about 8 lbs-ish, then first 2 days back eating regular (healthy no junk) I gained 4 back and was pretty discouraged. However I stepped on the scale when I woke up and am down the 4 lbs. YAY!! This evening before work I downloaded a couple work out apps on my Kindle so we will see.
  • gam3rguy
    "INSANITY MAX:30 Cardio Challenge"=Done! made it! BARELY!!!
    "INSANITY MAX:30 360 ABS"=Done! 12:19!
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Hi, I'm 40 turning 41 next weekend. New hee been counting calories for a few weeks down 4 lb 37lbs to go till normal bmi.
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    @sdereski Sounds like a super busy weekend but also really great! I want some of your muffins. I'll bet they taste like happiness and a hug. Hee Hee.
    I had a great run today outside. My longest ever at 4.88 miles (less warm up and cool down) I also bowled my best game ever saturday and got a strike, my first ever. Adding that to the NSV thread. :)
  • gam3rguy
    "INSANITY MAX:30 Tabata Strength"=Done! 23:15!!! I just dumped at the end of those low shoulder holds. yup, right on my head! good thing I was holding low. shoulders are TOAST right now!
  • wndlady
    wndlady Posts: 70 Member
    At Tae Kwon Do last night, a college student who is really good with weapons was back on spring break. So, we got to learn nunchuck tricks. Not the greatest for calorie burn (didn't even record anything) but it was fun to do something different and challenging for hand-eye coordination.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Glad I got a good training session in late last night since there was a call for snow. Well the weatherman was right, it's still snowing and we are expecting up to 12 inches. Most things are closed today. Whahhhh no gym today. I guess I have to resort to a YouTube work out video. Hope all of you are well. Have a great day.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    We're snowed in here too. I'll be riding the indoor bike trainer today on the enclosed porch. It'll start out chilly, but I'll warm up soon enough. And I'll get to watch the blizzard without having to be out in it!
  • Lorraine128
    Lorraine128 Posts: 239 Member
    Insanity Max30 - Max out Power today. This is week 5, day 2. Strange workout, struggled to get my heart rate up as I cannot do the plyo pushups (and there are tons of variations of them!) so calorie burn seemed low compared to month 1. Still felt really tough though, even modifying the pushups. Hoping the plyo push ups will come right soon :#