March 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Another treadmill day, 5.4 miles. I wish it were a bit warmer outside!

exercise.png
  • ctlaws44
    ctlaws44 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    @ctlaws44 - Cold in SE Virginia? Oh, no! I have to run 8K in Virginia Beach on Saturday! (Forecast low 41º, high 63º. I think I'll survive the rain forecast for that day.) It's a bit chillier here; see picture and tale of woe below.

That's exciting! Yes, the weather down here can change REALLY fast. we're just getting over a cold snap. I Don't trust the forecast more than 24 hours out. Hope the weather is good for y'all. Safe travels. You're going to do great!!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    ctlaws44 wrote: »
    @ctlaws44 - Cold in SE Virginia? Oh, no! I have to run 8K in Virginia Beach on Saturday! (Forecast low 41º, high 63º. I think I'll survive the rain forecast for that day.) It's a bit chillier here; see picture and tale of woe below.

That's exciting! Yes, the weather down here can change REALLY fast. we're just getting over a cold snap. I Don't trust the forecast more than 24 hours out. Hope the weather is good for y'all. Safe travels. You're going to do great!!

That is perfect temps. for running. The rain doesn't sound fun, though.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Really feeling my knee for some reason. Going to see how it is tomorrow and might just try 2-3 slow miles.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 Yikes, I had to go back and reread the story. I would be so *kitten* pee'd out over that woman who hit your son. You should be a proud papa for having 2 responsible sons. I am glad everyone is OK. Not glad the bike is totaled.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »

I was kind of surprised when I looked at the stats that both pace and HR looked like a well managed easy run. I just wasn't feeling it today.

I'm curious here. Did it FEEL easy to you? Your description makes it sound like it didn't feel easy, or was hard work because of the environmental conditions. I'm interested in how when something reads on paper as being 'easy', whether it actually is, or whether we should rely on our gut feeling as to how a run feels - which is pretty much the decision you made at the end there. I've just been listening to a podcast about enjoyment of running and running to play rather than run with a hard target, and I think I'm more of a player (certainly if I want to maintain my interest in running).