What Mini Goal is motivating you right now!

Options

Replies

• Spiffy_Barbarella
    Spiffy_Barbarella Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My mini goal is to get into size 8 (US size - that's UK size 12) jeans. Lost 11.5 lbs since going vegan last year, and looking forward to losing those last 7 lbs!
  • Gemmi73
    Gemmi73 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    Concept2's rowing season ends April 30th. I'm determined to reach 1M meters on the rowing machine by then. I have 142,159m to go.

Then the Marathon Challenge is early May, so I'll put the high training meters to work by doing a half-mary. That's 21,097 in one session. I'm up to 15,000 right now and adding 1k per week.

I'm going to work on 1 M meters for season 2017/18. So you did it for 2016. What was your sticking point, if anywhere?
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Gemmi73 wrote: »
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    Concept2's rowing season ends April 30th. I'm determined to reach 1M meters on the rowing machine by then. I have 142,159m to go.

Then the Marathon Challenge is early May, so I'll put the high training meters to work by doing a half-mary. That's 21,097 in one session. I'm up to 15,000 right now and adding 1k per week.

I'm going to work on 1 M meters for season 2017/18. So you did it for 2016. What was your sticking point, if anywhere?

@Gemmi73,

I only started in October, so I've been pushing pretty hard. I'll just squeak it under the wire.

The discomfort increases as the meters increase.

- Got a good stretching routine going for my lower back, before and after, and including foam rolling. I'm only rowing 3 days a week, because I think rowing hard daily was too much for me.
    - Training for speed requires a reduction in meters, so I actually lost a lot of ground as racing season approached. I was trying for distance and speed at the same time and it wasn't realistic.
    - I learned how to apply tape to my fingers where the callouses are at risk of tearing.
    - I put some padding on the seat and applied BodyGlide. Still haven't sorted this one quite yet. Considering actually buying a real rowing seat pad.
  • MeadowRae
    MeadowRae Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Getting into a size 10 jeans (currently a size 12.)
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Packing for a holiday trip to Albuquerque, during which I will see two sisters in law who haven't seen me for 4 years and 50 lbs.

Hotdog, jumping frog... :smiley:
  • Cornellmfp
    Cornellmfp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need some ideas for some low potassium meals. I am a dialysis patient who currently suffered from a massive heart attack due to my potassium being extremely high.
  • Kclee2903
    Kclee2903 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    To lose 16 more lbs so i can get a Disney Princess inspired outfit! I plan to get one at every 20 mins.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!