Replies

• RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,883 Member
    Options
    @pneschich Nice!
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Saturday - usually my day to catch up on sleep but I've been running since 10 am (equivalent of 5 am for me)! On the bright side I've already exceeded my goal of 4000 steps (well on the way to 6000). Exhausted but feeling pretty good.
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,883 Member
    Options
    Today was DH bday but tomorrow we hit it again! Time to lose weight together and continue to be the fabulous married-without-kids couple we are!
  • JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    I missed last week's weigh in. I was busy moving, and didn't get weighed. Now I'm afraid to, as everyone had to keep shoving food in my face while family was down, helping with the move. Not to mention, my son had his 17th bday, and yes, there was cake!
  • gullagr
    gullagr Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Name: Rachel
    Height:5'6"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 208.8 lbs
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 193.8 lbs (updated to be an even 15 lbs)

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 208.8 lbs
    March 1: 205.0 lbs
    March 8: 204.4 lbs
    March 15: 203.4 lbs
    March 22:201.8 lbs
    March 29: 198.2 lbs
    April 5:199.8 lbs
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week: +1.6 lbs
    Weight -/+ this month: -9 lbs

Bad week. Was stressed and busy with work - getting in early meant missing my morning workouts. Worth the craziness because I now get a weeks vacation and am visiting my family including my new nephew. Going to try and watch my diet and get in my steps this week then it's back to the grind next week.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    :):D:(;):/:o:s:p
    EarthDay Weight Challenge for Week of April 5 - ending on Sunday April 9th ...

We had 12 people weigh in out of the 26 that signed up for it but dropped out along the way. As a group we had a 0.30 lb loss over last week. ... This was a hard week that saw 6 of us gain weight, and one person joined us with their first weigh in - so no loss or gain was shown for that individual.

Two more weigh-in's and we are done ... the week of April 12 and April 19 ... Good luck ... lets see if we can't all lose 1 pound each this week!

:'(:|B):#:*>:)o:)<3

• JeanieWww
    Options
    I don't think i'm going to make my goal :( ARGHHH
  • Nikion901
    Options
    JeanieWww ... me neither!
  • JeanieWww
    Options
    well, at least we lost something, and that's being a winner!
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Every little bit helps ... it all adds up over time ... I'd just rather see weekly losses, even two-tenths of a pound, rather than the 1 or 1-1/2 pound gains I sometimes get ... know what that is from, just still working on mastering the input control board in my brain!
  • JeanieWww
    Options
    Hang in there, We'll get there in the end!
  • lksmeeton
    lksmeeton Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Name: LaDana
    Height: 5'2"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22). 295
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 285

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 295
    March 1: 292
    March 8: 293
    March 15: 290
    March 22: 286
    March 29: 288
    April 5: 289
    April 12: 286
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week: -3
    Weight -/+ this month: -9
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Name: Barb
    Height: 5' 3"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 241.6
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 228

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 241.6
    March 1: 239.4
    March 8: 237
    March 15: 235.6
    March 22: 234
    March 29: 231.8
    April 5: 230.8
    April 12: 227.8
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week:-3.0
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -13.8

So excited I hit my goal of 228 AND I have lost my first 30 pounds since I started in the middle of January! Celebrating by having a piece of pizza tonight! I've been missing it, but one piece still keeps me within my calories I just can't eat much else or I'll be over! :)

@sand86802 good for you increasing your fluid, great job, keep it up. I know I need to track and increase my fluid too but it's a real struggle for me. I have to work at it just to get to around 44 ounces, seldom make the minimum of 64 ounces. Maybe, if we do another challenge (and I hope we do) we can do weight and tracking our fluid intake because I bet we're not the only ones who need to increase their amounts!

@Nikion901 I love your turtle posting, I think I'll put that saying on my bathroom mirror for motivation!

Have a great week everyone!
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't do my weigh in this past week. It's been a really bad week for pain and consequently major loss of sleep. Been keeping my calorie goal pretty much but not my carb and sodium levels so my fluid retention has been poor even on diuretic days. No point in weighing until I get it under control because it really doesn't mean anything. I did manage to walk all but 700 of my step goal today but I did poorly with my water goal and at long last I had the carbs and the sodium back in range. Hoping for a better week.
  • RunningOnWontons
    RunningOnWontons Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    @bapcarrier : WOW! :smiley: Awesome job so far. Congrats on reaching your goal!

Just checking in tonight to read the posts I've missed since last week's weigh-in (a gain for me :( ). This thread has been a big motivation for me in getting back with the program, even though I was so disappointed with myself for gaining last week.

One very good thing that has come out of the past few weeks for me is that I seem to be getting a bit better with avoiding "mindless eating" and emotional-type eating. One week of gaining doesn't erase that progress. I think the gain I had last week was entirely due to my decisions to eat out at a couple of favorite restaurants, and I was ok with that. I enjoyed those meals. Being honest with myself, I know that I didn't reach nearly 230 lbs by occasionally splurging at restaurants. My real issues lie with the kind of thoughtless eating that adds up, calorie by calorie, day by day. That, and somewhat compulsive over-eating when I'm stressed, tired, etc.

Here's hoping everyone is having a good week. At least where I am, spring is in full swing. The change of season has brought a tremendous positive shift to my mood and my outlook on things. :smile:
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    pneschich wrote: »
    Almost Friday fitness. Been a strange week walked 20 minutes 3 days and an hour today. Saturday paddled the kayak really hard for about 45 minutes into a 20 mph wind . This week has been about learning how to eat and eliminate soft foods. Both are much harder than you would expect.
    I had a huge NSV on Tuesday. I test drove a car and they kept my drivers licence. They called me and I went back for it. The salesperson I met at the door went in the back to get it and came out with one in his hand and said it wasn't mine. I looked at it, he was wrong. He got all slack jawed and said wow you've lost a lot of weight. I am also down another pant size. I can buy clothes at normal people stores now. With no elastic in the waist!!!!

@pneschich great job on your Nsv! That is amazing!!

Years ago I heard that you weren't supposed to smile for a government ID so when I was surprised that I would have to take a drivers license picture I didn't. Wow that was the worst picture ever (for many reasons) and I've hated it when I have to pull it out since. This past week I had to go into the DMV so I decided I was going to retake my picture....I didn't realize that I would have to refill out the whole form. Well it had me put down my weight, which made me look at the weight on my card, which I was now only 20lbs from. So I changed my weight on the card from 175 to 180, because who wants to put down their real weight. Now that is my new goal. I got my new license today and every time I pull it out it's going to be my reminder!! What once was a piece of plastic I hated to touch has now turned into my motivation!!
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My name is Valerie and I just stumbled across this discussion board. I am 31 years old and a mother to two beautiful little kiddos. I am 14 months post pregnancy and 2 months post op from Thyroid removal. I have not lost any of the baby weight that I gained with my daughter. I have a goal of losing 120lbs, I am looking for friends with similar goals.
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    @OfficiallySexyVal - Hello and welcome. You've stumbled on an amazing group here. We are all in it for the long haul. Congrats on that beautiful heavenly blessing and for being ready to shed the unhealthy weight. You will enjoy those two kiddos so much more in a healthier body and it'll be a lot easier to keep up with them!