Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @campfirequeen1 - I too am back at it after suffering 2 bouts of CHF. I feel you lady, I'm struggling with it every day. Plus despite doing very well on diet and exercise I've lost nothing but water weight in the last 3 weeks. I know it will come off eventually but it's frustrating watching the daily weight fluctuate between the same 2 or 3 lbs.
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for being so open about your lives and health. Sometimes I get blue and tend to cope with food. But reading your posts makes me realize if I don't loose the weight now, while I don't have health issues to add to the burden, then it will just be harder later on.

It's so strang to me how a seemingly good thing will throw me off normal and into food coping mode. My brother in law talked my husband into joining his gym. They go late night tue and Thur and super early Saturday. Then on Sunday my husband is training with coworkers for tuff mudder and going on long mountain hikes. I don't know why but the fact that he is exercising more and I'm home with the girls during the morning in the weekends and late tue and Thur really sent me into a food eating spiral. I even went over 200 for the first time this year (my goal for last year was to get to onederland by the end of the holiday season and stay there). So I guess going over 200 was the kick in the pants that I needed and reading everyone's posts I'm three days back into fully tracking, trying to get 10K steps a day, drinking more water, and now drinking apple cider vinegar (it really does suppress your appetite).

Has anyone else had a random should be positive thing send them into a downward trend??
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for being so open about your lives and health. Sometimes I get blue and tend to cope with food. But reading your posts makes me realize if I don't loose the weight now, while I don't have health issues to add to the burden, then it will just be harder later on.

It's so strang to me how a seemingly good thing will throw me off normal and into food coping mode. My brother in law talked my husband into joining his gym. They go late night tue and Thur and super early Saturday. Then on Sunday my husband is training with coworkers for tuff mudder and going on long mountain hikes. I don't know why but the fact that he is exercising more and I'm home with the girls during the morning in the weekends and late tue and Thur really sent me into a food eating spiral. I even went over 200 for the first time this year (my goal for last year was to get to onederland by the end of the holiday season and stay there). So I guess going over 200 was the kick in the pants that I needed and reading everyone's posts I'm three days back into fully tracking, trying to get 10K steps a day, drinking more water, and now drinking apple cider vinegar (it really does suppress your appetite).

Has anyone else had a random should be positive thing send them into a downward trend??

Can you go to the gym on the days your hubby does not? That way you get equal time to yourself to focus on your health. I know from experience that some husbands need a "nudge" to realize their wives need time too.

My kids are grown and on their own and we still had to negotiate about who gets to walk alone and who has to take the dog which slows you down given he stops to pee constantly. Now we split the week. Seems only fair!!
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,889 Member
    Options
    Name: Rachael
    Height: 66"

Start Weight: 293.0 (W Feb 22)
    Goal Weight: <285.0 (A Apr 22)

Weigh-ins on Wednesdays
    February 22: 293.0
    March 1: 290.6
    March 8: 291.2
    March 15: 293.0
    March 22: 290.6
    March 29: 291.7
    April 5: 292.1
    April 12: 290.6
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week: -1.5
    Weight -/+ challenge total: -2.4
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I was debating skipping reporting my weigh-in this morning and holding off until Saturday, because I want to end my EarthDay weight challenge on EarthDay's weigh-in, which will be on the next Saturday after. But ... then I figured, why not go ahead and report it? Well, I don't want to reveal that my weight has been going up a pound a day since last Wednesday ... and I don't know why it's been doing that. Yes, I have overeaten on 3 of the last 7 days; but not in the range to gain that much ... and the results have been dissapointing for the past two or three weeks ... Oh well, it's part of the mystery I experience with my weight fluctuations and I know a lot of it is based on my hormonal responses, which are triggered by more than just the food I eat.

Gosh ... that sounds like a 'cop-out' in my own head even as I write it ... 'hormonal responses', I mean. What am I doing, blaming my Diabeties on my poor nurishment choices?

I need to ask myself ... what is the difference in my food plan today than it was, say a month ago? Have I been eating more sugar, or starch, or grain in general? How much fruit have I had ... more than my 2 fruit servings a day? Less? What about my protein choices ... have they been properly prepared to remain a healthy choice? Have I eaten any candy? ... OK, have I eaten candy substitutes instead of a candy bar ... like, have I made hot chocolate; put maple syrup in my breakfast porridge; mixed up a snack of dried fruit, nuts, sweetened coconut; eaten jelly or jam with my peanut butter? If so, how often, ... and maybe more importantly ... why? What's going on?

So ... in the end, I need to be honest with myself ... and hold myself accountable, no excuses. I've been sloppy about my food, and it's time to clean that up.

Name: Niki
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 242.5
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 232

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 242.5
    March 1: 242
    March 8: 242.3
    March 15: 238 (birthday week)
    March 22: 236.8
    March 29: 235.6
    April 5: 236.6
    April 12: 241.0
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week: +4.4
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -1.5

:'(

• birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Name: Birgit
    Height: 6'0"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 203
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 199

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 203
    February 28: 201
    March 8: 200.8
    March 15: 196.0
    March 22: 196.0
    March 29: 193.0
    April 5: 194.2
    April 12: 191.0
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week: -3.2
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -12.0

Whaa-hoooo! Not sure what the heck happened at last week's weigh-in (I was up 1.2 lbs last week), but it dropped off this week, plus a little extra. Doing the happy dance over here.

This coming week, however, I will be lucky to just maintain. Easter is this weekend, and there will be lots of out-of-town company, and lots of delicious food. My Mom will be staying with us all of next week. That means I will be out of my usual routine, both in regards to food and exercise. But that's life, right? Every week is not always like every other - and we have to adapt and maintain our healthy habits as best we can. So... I'm declaring here that my goal for next Wednesday's weigh-in is to MAINTAIN at 191 lbs (+/- 2 lbs, cuz that's what I want my maintenance range to be).

Hope everyone is having a great week! Best, Birgit
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi All - hope you are having a good week ... I know with Easter might be hard ... specially with all those chocolate bunnies and eggs ... they are everywhere!!

I am going on vacation this Saturday so I might miss the last weigh-in ... I am back on the 22nd but after the flight and the food scary to weigh- in!!

Anyway ... Here my weigh-in info for this week:

Name: Ana

Start Weight (week of Feb 22): 208.3
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22)197.0

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 208.3
    March 1: 203.3
    March 8: 201.9
    March 15: 198.6
    March 22: 199.5
    March 29: 193.1
    April 5: 192.0
    April 12: 190.3
    April 19: (on vacation; not sure if I will find a scale)

Weight +/- this week: -1.7
    Weight +/- this challenge: - 18
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    @Nikion901 - I admire your personal integrity, and your resolve. This week will be better!
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Wow, lots of wonderful stuff going on here! Congrats to all you big losers! I'm always so joyful over your success. I think this challenge has been a wonderful success! And I'm proud of you and happy for you!
    @Nikion901 -Your ability to really look at your program and be brutally honest with yourself is always so inspirational to me. Not really looking is in essence choosing to believe your own lies that it isn't your fault, it because of .... fill in the blank here. You are a shining example and I'm confident that you are going to get yourself squared away with that honesty and can do attitude. How is it going with your adjustments?
    @trinati2001 - Yes by all means get the weight off before poor health complicates it. You are a smart girl and I'm so happy that you are here with us and I like your introspective and enquiring mind! I've had good things throw me off too and it's very smart to use that honesty Niki has to look at it and try to figure out what will fix it for you!

@GOINSTD12 - I know you understand too! Do you log your food and do you have a goal for your carbs and sodium every day? That really helps me out a lot. As long as I work the program it works.
    @MermaidPrincessRach - Just look at you girl, about to move into a whole new decade! I haven't forgotten you, hopefully by the end of the week I'll be sending you a special message!

As for my weight loss journey, this morning I got on the scale to see myself 0.2 pounds below my lowest after my diuretic day yesterday, so I lost 5.2 pounds of fluid yesterday! And truthfully I think there is still some more there I still have a little tightness in my belly, but it's probably less than a pound. So the good news is that the weekend with all my family in the mountains didn't add much if any weight. All the walking and water consumption helped to at least maintain, which is what I was hoping for.
    This week the pain level is significantly less, the fatigue is better although not gone. I did manage to get three hours of deep sleep last night which is really good for me because lately I've been more like only one and a half hours of deep sleep per night, especially considering lowering my carbs back to less than 100g per day, which normally has an adverse action to sleep for me. So I will do my weigh in on Thursday or Fri as usual and see how the weight loss is going now that I'm back to a level playing field.
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    @135aj - I was intrigued by your profile picture, so I clicked on it to see a larger version and it's adorable. I'm pretty sure I have a unicorn in this hippo body too! This is a great group and I think you will like it here! So we have a challenge going that ends in a couple of weeks, so feel free to jump in on that, some of us find it helpful to have goals and be publicly accountable for them. You will not be reprimanded if you don't make it, you will be encouraged to just do your best and not give up, and certainly not to compare yourself to others. We all have our own personal journeys here and it's a great place to let your feelings out where it's understood and safe to do so. I think someone will post a new challenge that will take us through Memorial Day and then 4th of July and I'm looking forward to that! But if you aren't in to challenges, there is lots of friendship, tips and stuff here to enjoy. If you have a problem, likely someone has had it to and will be willing to offer suggestions. Feel free to offer yours as well. We absolutely want to outsmart our weight loss devils and more brains is a good way! All that to say Welcome! LOL :)
  • JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    Name: Jeanie
    Height:5'2"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 262.4
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 250

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 262.4
    March 1: 258.6
    March 8: 258.4
    March 15: 257.2
    March 22: 255.5
    March 29: 251.4
    April 5: Family down, and in middle of moving.. didn't weigh
    April 12: 252
    April 19:
    Last day April 22
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Wow. You folks are doing fabulous on your weight loss challenge. So motivating. If there is another challenge following I would like to join.
    Keep working hard!
  • JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    I'm sure there will be, Karen!
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Another day down. Now it's been for consistent days of eating less, tracking and trying to get steps in. I didn't get them all in today but I did go for a walk to the grocery store to pick up another bottle of apple cinder vinager. So that is a plus.

My heart abandoned is great and really didn't want to join the gym without me, but I'm not willing to go at 7 or 8 at night. Working full time, dropping two very small kids off at school and then picking them up half the time and getting dinner on the table is enough for me. I don't want to pay $600 for the gym (2year membership) and then don't use it. I've been trying to go for long walks by myself to get in exercise. They are alwuick, easy and cheap!! I just need daylight and good weather. I'm glad that I live in the SF Bay Area.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Thursday Truth ... trying hard to break my daily habit of spending too much time in front of the computer, sitting in my office chair. Yet ... I just realized that today would be no different if I didn't have an appointment to keep that I must get ready for. Hmmm ... maybe I need to make more appointments!

Have a great rest of the week everyone. Remember you have a plan ... now go work it! :)

PS ... I've read remarks about more challenges ... anyone wanting to start one for after the EarthDay Weight Challenge ends ... I recommend you start broadcasting for it now. >:) Come on - be a leader!
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Name: Robin

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 273.8
    Goal Weight (week of April 22) 259.9

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 273.8
    March 1: 273
    March 8: 272.4**
    March 15: 270.2
    March 22: 268.4
    March 29: 266.4
    April 5: 265.4
    April 12: 264.4
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

** My birthday week

Weight -/+ this week: -1.0
    Weight -/+ total: -9.4

I have 4.5 pounds to lose to make my goal. Looks like that's not going to happen! :(
    I can't complain as the scale continued to go down consistently every week, just not quite as fast as I had hoped it would.

I, for one, would love to keep the momentum going by starting another challenge but I can't commit to tracking the weekly stats for the group like @Nikion901 has been so great at doing. :) I will do the best I can, but no promises. Unless someone else wants to volunteer for that part? :D

By a vote, which would you like to do:

5 week Memorial Day Challenge from 4/24 to 5/29
    10 week 4th of July Challenge from 4/24 to 7/3
    OR both, a 5 week Memorial Day THEN a 5 week 4th of July

I guess it depends on whether you want to go a little shorter or longer than the 7 weeks we just did.

Of course, there is no obligation to partake in the challenge if you are not interested.

Until next time; wishing everyone Peace B) , Love <3 and Weight Loss :# !!
  • sand86802
    sand86802 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I vote for the 10 week one... I was going to propse that too. And it would coincide (almost) with Canada Day as well.

I am willing to track the stats unless someone else wants the job