Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• traceyc013
    traceyc013 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Longer challenge sounds great. I just joined and am still figuring things out!
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I do better on short range goals so I vote for two back to back, the third option please @RobinB0812 and I think since Helene has volunteered that is FABULOUS! We will be off and headed down the lovely path of getting healthy and stronger! Thank you ladies!

Welcome to the group @karenleona and @traceyc013. It's great to have you joining us!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Thanks @RobinB0812 ... and @sand86802 for stepping forward to keep a challenge going. I take it, Robin, you mean to continue weighing in once a week as the challenge?

The current challenge ending next week will have an 8-week run. I think 10 weeks is good. Start Sunday, end Saturday?
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,889 Member
    Options
    I think I would like to do a month by month challenge. We would take a little break after Earthday and then start a May challenge. Any body with me?
  • marib67
    marib67 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to this thread. I can't find a lot of threads that I want to be involved in on MFP but this one I can relate to. I don't like the silly games that are always posted. I just need to lose weight! LOL Anyway, I look forward to getting acquainted with new people and getting/giving support in this life change.

Have a wonderful day!
  • 320sycamore
    320sycamore Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thank you @RobinB0812 for organizing a new challenge! I like the idea of a 10 week challenge, but would be happy with whatever the group decides by vote count.
  • lksmeeton
    lksmeeton Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I know I don't always chime in, but I have truly enjoyed being in a challenge. It has definitely made me think about what I am eating and has pushed me to exercise more. I would love to be involved in the next challenge - whatever it is!
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,889 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Proposal...

Ready for Summer 10 week challenge

Name:

Start Weight (week of April 19 or 26)
    continue previous or start fresh following week?
    Goal Weight (week of June 28)
    I will list weeks by the Wednesdays like Niki did

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26
    2. May 3
    3. May 10
    4. May 17
    5. May 24
    6. May 31
    7. June 7
    8. June 14
    9. June 21
    10. June 28
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ total:

What do you think?
  • sand86802
    sand86802 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Proposal...

Ready for Summer 10 week challenge

Name:

Start Weight (week of April 19 or 26)
    continue previous or start fresh following week?
    Goal Weight (week of June 28)
    I will list weeks by the Wednesdays like Niki did

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26
    2. May 3
    3. May 10
    4. May 17
    5. May 24
    6. May 31
    7. June 7
    8. June 14
    9. June 21
    10. June 28
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ total:

What do you think?

Sounds good to me! Who is in?
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm in with any challenge you all decide on, for me 10 weeks is good, but I don't really care. It has been a great incentive and I think everyone of us has benefited from being in the current one. Thanks @RobinB0812 for getting the ball rolling and to @sand86802 and /or @MermaidPrincessRach whichever one of you ends up recording the stats for us. I am going to add one more thing to my personal challenge, I think it will just be a number from 1 to 7 to show the number of days I was able to drink a predetermined amount of fluid! I am bad at getting anywhere near what I should of my daily fluid. Now I just have to try to come up with a reasonable number. I know it should be at least 64 oz. so even though I don't drink anywhere near that amount, I guess that's what I'll put as my goal. Maybe by the end of the 10 weeks I'll be able to hit it!

On another note, I rewarded myself for the first 30 pound lost by getting the speedometer for my bike. It tells me max speed, average speed, distance and time ridden as well as current speed and a few other things. I had to have a new front tire too, and I also got a water bottle holder and side mirror. I rode as soon as I got back with it and was happy to see that the speed I had guessed for past bike rides was pretty close! From now on I will know that I'm tracking accurately both speed and time wise. :smiley:

I am amazed at the number of people that have already beat their goals in the challenge, way to go! For others struggling, I want you to know you are an inspiration to me that you are not giving in or giving up! Keep up the good work everyone, we still have 9 days left!
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am in for this new challenge ... it really helps to share how we are doing and take accountability.

Thank you @MermaidPrincessRach for organizing and volunteering to track the data.

I am in process of relocating to Europe so the next months will be crazy for me, but later in the year I can help out with the new challenges.

Have a great rest of the week and keep the awesome work! :smile:
  • sand86802
    sand86802 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    @happygirlxxx If you dont mind me asking, where are you from and where in Europe are you going? I moved from France to Canada 6 years ago so I am curious
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @MermaidPrincessRach and everone else working on the next challenge, I am in for the 10 week challenge. It will be motivating to keep track every week. I am concerned the medications I'm now taking for CHF might be interfering with weight loss, but I will add in body measurements to see if those are changing.
    Tracy
  • lksmeeton
    lksmeeton Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm in on the new 10 week challenge. I hope this will keep me moving in the right direction.
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @sand86802 I don't mind ... I am originally from Ecuador, but moved a lot ... this is my 7th international relocation! I am currently in the US, but as mentioned not for much long ... this time my new "home" will be Italy for at least the next couple years ... then we will see where the wind takes me ;)
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    My thanks you those of you willing to coordinate the next challenge! I'm in, whatever the majority decides.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in for this 10 week challenge!! Let us know what day it will start. Many thanks!!
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Thanks ladies for arranging the next challenge. I will participate but I will set my goal weight for the end of May and then change it for the end of June. I will be doing a lot of traveling and vacationing during that time period and that makes it difficult for me to plan out my weight loss strategy. I could but I'm just not willing to put that much effort or planning into what I will eat when. That would make my travels stressful rather than relaxing, which is the whole point of them!
    @happygirlxxx =Wow that's amazing, I'm so happy that you can be a woman of the world, that sounds so exciting! And @sand86802 wow to you too! I wish that I had been born in a time when women could just take off and go wherever they wanted and do whatever they wanted, without society having limiting expectations. I wasn't a rule breaker back then like I am now! LOL Happy travels to both of you! I do what I can now that I am a rule breaker! You can tell by my profile picture, I'm not your typical little old grandmother!
    OH and welcome @marib67
  • 320sycamore
    320sycamore Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Count me in, too!
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Current vote is 7-2 in favor of the 4th of July challenge (10 week).

@MermaidPrincessRach your template seems prefect to me. It has my vote. ;)

Happy Easter, Passover, etc to all!

Until next time; wishing everyone Peace B) , Love <3 and Weight Loss :# !!