Things people do that annoys you in the gym.

Replies

• BalerionTheBlackDread
    BalerionTheBlackDread Posts: 126 Member
    HOT girls that are always wearing those extra skin tight yoga pants. How am I supposed to focus on lifting when all i wanna do is show you the 50 states?

I kid, I Kid!! Keep wearing them tights! :wink:
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    kaizaku wrote: »
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    Steff46 wrote: »
    This older lady at my gym always goes for the bigger lap lane. The one that includes the ladder. She likes it so she doesn't have to get her hair wet (she told me so). Her thing is walking in the lane for about 30 minutes. This is fine but heaven help the person that gets "her" lane. She screamed at me and my fiancé one day for being in and sharing "her" lane and said there were plenty of other lanes that we could be using. We did move but only after her and my fiancé argued. I've seen (and heard) her do it to other swimmers.........wish I had my own lane...but I'm not good at being bossy.

You should have splashed water on her hair, and that would probably be the last time you see her lol

Because the older lady would claw Steff's eyes out? Ha-ha! :D
    She might break a nail so I doubt she would lol :lol:

I once saw that lady drag a pool chair (one handed) from one end of the pool to the other so she could put her gym bag on it. The reason I saw her is that it made the most horrendous screeching sound echoing off the walls! Everyone in the pool area stopped and looked at her.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    This older lady at my gym always goes for the bigger lap lane. The one that includes the ladder. She likes it so she doesn't have to get her hair wet (she told me so). Her thing is walking in the lane for about 30 minutes. This is fine but heaven help the person that gets "her" lane. She screamed at me and my fiancé one day for being in and sharing "her" lane and said there were plenty of other lanes that we could be using. We did move but only after her and my fiancé argued. I've seen (and heard) her do it to other swimmers.........wish I had my own lane...but I'm not good at being bossy.

You should have splashed water on her hair, and that would probably be the last time you see her lol

LOL

See now, my first thought was you're right, that would require effort. But now I read about this chair dragging thing? Forget it, this chick's my hero!!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    tuckerrj wrote: »
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »
    Reading this thread really just makes me wonder why you guys allow strangera to make you mad.

If someone is on the machine you're waiting for, ask if you can use use it in between sets.
    If someone sneaks in to steal the machine you're waiting for, suggest a solution.
    Someone grunting cause of heavy lifts, cheer them on
    Someone invading your personal space wile naked, look the other way or just simply move
    Someone's using the squat rack wile curling, ask them if they mind moving so you can use the squat rack for Squats...

It's so simple to make things better. So instead of making a problem out of it and letting it effect your mood/workout, find a solution.

Oh, that's far too sensible. Then what would we have to whine about on this thread?

Exactly. Don't take our whining away, please
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Overly loud grunting, and not wiping down the machines. Gross!
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member

I once saw that lady drag a pool chair (one handed) from one end of the pool to the other so she could put her gym bag on it. The reason I saw her is that it made the most horrendous screeching sound echoing off the walls! Everyone in the pool area stopped and looked at her.

Wow, one hand? She must be strong lol :lol: she seems like the posh type. Her bag may get dirty.
  • kaizaku
    People who come right close to me to train, when they could have gone further towards the centre to train and have more space.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    People who come right close to me to train, when they could have gone further towards the centre to train and have more space.

That's like when there is a row of forty treadmills, all empty, and the guy who smokes cigarettes has to get on the one right next to me and breathe hard. Yuck.
  • kaizaku
    jenilla1 wrote: »

That's like when there is a row of forty treadmills, all empty, and the guy who smokes cigarettes has to get on the one right next to me and breathe hard. Yuck.

I know what you mean.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Men (because it's almost always men) who don't wipe down the weight machines when they leave them. Nobody wants to deal with your skanky sweat. Also the ones who don't return the free weights when they're done.
  • kaizaku
    edited April 2017
    LAT1963 wrote: »
    Men (because it's almost always men) who don't wipe down the weight machines when they leave them. Nobody wants to deal with your skanky sweat. Also the ones who don't return the free weights when they're done.

Ive seen women not wiping their sweat. But most men are down right nasty. They don't even wash their hands after using the bathroom. So it's natural for them not to wipe their sweat. So ladies be very careful when a guy puts his hand on your shoulders :lol:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    I go to LA Fitness and they play ads over the loudspeakers every 15 minutes and I HATE it. I already joined...you don't have to advertise to me.

I usually have my headphones in, of course, but you can hear them in the locker room too. They fill me with rage and had I known they would be doing that I never would have joined.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    People throwing the paper they used to wipe down the machines (or themself) on the floor and not picking it up. An overly loud grunter (which I don't normally mind) did this...so I judged.
  • JoJosAnatomymfp
    JoJosAnatomymfp Posts: 178 Member
    There was a man at they gym today who was clearly lifting heavier then he should. He seemed to follow me around at each machine and was shouting loudly with each lift.
  • kaizaku
    There was a man at they gym today who was clearly lifting heavier then he should. He seemed to follow me around at each machine and was shouting loudly with each lift.

Following you around at each machine? He's trying to get your attention. Ego lifting to show off.
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    I guess another thing that annoys me is dude's who clearly are novices criticizing you on your form and what exercises you're doing. Maybe if you were a PT or strength and conditioning coach, I will listen to you but if you are some weak af dude who can't even squat 135 then please don't criticize me.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    I have noticed a few posts here that people are annoyed when people sit on a machine between sets.

Is that so bad?

So they do set 3 of 5, do you then expect them to get up and wipe down the machine so someone else can do one set? They they get back on to do set 4 of 5?

Or is this aimed at people who sit for 5 mins between sets?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Merkavar wrote: »
    I have noticed a few posts here that people are annoyed when people sit on a machine between sets.

Is that so bad?

So they do set 3 of 5, do you then expect them to get up and wipe down the machine so someone else can do one set? They they get back on to do set 4 of 5?

Or is this aimed at people who sit for 5 mins between sets?

It's sitting there for minutes on end looking at their phone oblivious to anything and anyone else around them.

When I train, I do a set and either step back to see if anyone needs to work-in (when the gym is busy) or I will do another set somewhere else and then come back to it.

The only thing that really chaffs me is when someone takes 5 minutes between sets and refuses to let others work-in when the gym is crowded, which is often.