• RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    I dont care what others call the next challenge but I will stick with
    Ready for Summer 10 week challenge

Name: Rachael
    Height: 5' 6.5"

Start Weight (week of April 19): 292.3
    Goal Weight (Saturday, July 1st): <285.0 (<280 even better but i am cautious due to my failure of the previous challenge)

Weigh in week of:
    (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    1. April 26 -
    2. May 3 -
    3. May 10 -
    4. May 17 -
    5. May 24 -
    6. May 31 -
    7. June 7 -
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1 -

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ total:

GOOD LUCK :wink:
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Ready for Summer 10 week challenge and/or Independence Challenge ... whatever you are called, I'm in ... and I don't care that I gained back a lot of my previous 10-week loss effort in the last 2 weeks ... I am sticking with my target for the date this one ends ... nothing to it but to do it, or just keep trying.

Name: Niki
    Height: 5’3” (63 inches or 160.02 centimeters, or 1.6002 meters) :)

Start Weight (week of April 19): 241.2
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 228.4

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 -
    2. May 3 -
    3. May 10 -
    4. May 17 -
    5. May 24 -
    6. May 31 -
    7. June 7 -
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -

Weight -/+ this week: 0
    Weight -/+ total: 0

:*
  • jen_mq
    jen_mq Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    @pneschich It took 2 months to lose. So it was a healthy time frame. I changed my eating. What I ate, how much, even when. I started prepping snacks. I did great for so long I didn't expect such a huge step backwards. I was making it all realistic. But old habits are hard to break. I felt a little sick today, so that worked to my advantage! It's my silver lining for not feeling well. Thanks for your encouraging words. I love hearing from others who are succeeding. It gives me hope.

@traceyc013 Here's to putting ourselves first.....for a few minutes anyway.
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    My very frail 87yr old Mom is visiting this week, and I'm kinda losing my mind! She is pretty helpless, and requires my constant vigilance. Coupled with the needs of my husband, who had a stroke 2 yrs ago, I'm kept on a continuous trot. Sooo... While I totally adore both of these people, and happily and gladly do what I do, I'm also totally out of my routine this week. Not eating what I normally eat (we've been eating out all week), no time to track calories the way I want (don't want to spend a lot of time on computer or my phone while mom is here), and having a hard time sticking to my exercise routine (altho I HAVE been making time for daily walks/runs - just not as long or far as "normal"). Plus, the scale I use to weigh is at my work, and I haven't been there all week - so haven't been able to weigh in.

With all the restaurant eating, and Easter feasting, I'm guessing I may have gained a few pounds. Given all the running around I'm doing, I doubt it's much more than that - but I really can't be sure. I'm feeling a little bloaty (is that a word?) from all the restaurant eating/sodium.

All of that said, I'm gonna guess I gained maybe 4lbs, and am currently at 195. My goal for this challenge was 198, so I think I still did pretty well.

Starting next Monday life will be back to normal and I will have access to my scale again - just in time for our Getting Ready for Summer Challenge, which I'm very much looking fwd to. Thanks Ladies, for organizing it.
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Start Weight (week of April 19): 195
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 180
    I will weigh on Wednesdays:

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26
    2. May 3
    3. May 10
    4. May 17
    5. May 24
    6. May 31
    7. June 7
    8. June 14
    9. June 21
    10. June 28
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ total:

My scale at home has been going down but the one at my Cardiac Rehab has not. I weigh sans clothes at home first thing in the morning so maybe the weight of different outfits is what is making the difference. However, since most of the time I am clothed, I will (reluctantly) use the CR weight. The only thing is, I'm concerned that the medications I'm on are interfering with weight loss. We shall see. Consistency and vigilance are the words for this challenge for me, along with "KEEP THAT BODY MOVING"!
    Tracy
    TX
  • Miss_Hattie
    Miss_Hattie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    pneschich wrote: »
    @campfirequeen1 thanks for asking about me! Things are going great. I have lost 41 pounds since surgery, 9 weeks, I still struggle with weightlifting can't make myself like it. The dog and me are walking 3 miles 4 days a week most weeks now. I almost feel guilty posting here some days. I have mini stalls about every 7 pounds. They last 5-7 days. I hate eating. Hate it! One extra bite and I'm in pain. On the plus side I am never hungry- never. Easter wasn't as hard as I thought. The mini Cadbury eggs, robins eggs and my favorites jelly beans weren't too hard to forgo. I indulged in a few lingering pieces of 70% dark chocolate. We didn't feast this year we went to the beach. Wife and boys surfed. 30 more pounds and I'm going to learn! Walked for an hour and a half with dog and wife in tow though. A picnic of sandwiches (lunch meal and cheese for me), deviled eggs and Parmesan crisps. So I hit my protein number. I am off diabetes meds! the last 20 pounds have made a huge change in my appearance and attitude. It's not as easy as it sounds but the weight does come right off. I still have a more than healthy fear of failure but my support is phenomenal. I am blessed with a wife who supported my decision from the moment I made it. The program too. I meet monthly with a support group. I would recommend them to anyone but would counsel them to spend 6-9 months making sure you were ready. There is no going back. Some things change forever.

Wow! Congratulations on your progress weight loss. And to be off your diabetes meds....WooooHooooo! I am so happy for you. To walk for an hour and a half.... awesome! I'm preparing for my surgery and starting some exercise. I can walk only 1-2 houses down my street. I'm starting the 6 week fitness challenge that starts tomorrow. Hoping to push myself. I take 2 kinds of insulin and 2 different oral hypoglycemics.
  • JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    Name: Jeanie

Start Weight (week of April 19): 249.8
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 240 (I know it's not much, but I'm going to be house-sitting and not getting as much exercising) I'd like to get to 235, though.

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 -
    2. May 3 -
    3. May 10 -
    4. May 17 -
    5. May 24 -
    6. May 31 -
    7. June 7 -
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -

• pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    @Miss_Hattie I started walking short but consistently and worked up to 3 miles. I was type 2 diabetes. Good luck on preparing for the surgery. It's been a blessing so far. The weight comes off but it isn't easy. The sleeve is a tool, you are still you and that is where the real battle is, at least for me it is.
    Advice: Listen to the nutritionist, ask questions, get their email. Follow their plan. Go to support groups. Embrace the opportunity. Forgive yourself for failures but learn from them. Oh, and enjoy life while you are doing it. Walk someplace beautiful.
  • Capergirl11
    Capergirl11 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Name: Angela

Start Weight (week of April 19): 226
    Goal Weight (week of July 1): 200 or lower will see I just found out I have gluten intolerance and hypothyroidism. I cut gluten out Monday
    I have to see dietitian for help I'm following 1200 Cal diet here on mfp. Good luck all

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 -
    2. May 3 -
    3. May 10 -
    4. May 17 -
    5. May 24 -
    6. May 31 -
    7. June 7 -
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -

• birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Name: Birgit
    Height: 6'0"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 203
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 199

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 203
    February 28: 201
    March 8: 200.8
    March 15: 196.0
    March 22: 196.0
    March 29: 193.0
    April 5: 194.2
    April 12: 191.0
    April 19: 195.0
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week: +4.0 Easter, and Mom's weeklong visit
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -8.0

And that +4.0 lbs will FOR SURE come off by next week!!
  • RunningOnWontons
    RunningOnWontons Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Name: Claire
    Height: 5' 1"

Start Weight (week of April 19): 215.6
    Goal Weight (Saturday, July 1st): 200 (This seems a tad ambitious, since I had some motivation issues halfway thru the Earth Day challenge that prevented me from reaching THAT goal, but 200 sure is a nice round number. :smile: )

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 -
    2. May 3 -
    3. May 10 -
    4. May 17 -
    5. May 24 -
    6. May 31 -
    7. June 7 -
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ total:
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    robin - Enjoy the jeggings. Nice surprise and thanks for sharing
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Friday fitness and more. Did better on walking this week Sunday 90 min. Monday 30 Wednesday 60 today 20 and I'm walking my hour tonight. I started eating lunch as opposed to drinking it. It makes me so very sleepy. Still staying at around 650 calories 90-110 G protein under12 g sugar and no carbs. I'm feeling kind of melancholy, not regretting but have reached a point that I feel overwhelmed and moving forward is harder than standing still. That's why I'm bringing lunch now, small step in the right direction. I had to buy more new pants the old new ones were falling off. Nice reward though. I am a bargain king now that I can go to a normal people stores.
  • Nikion901
    edited April 2017
    Options
    pneschich wrote: »
    Friday fitness and more. Did better on walking this week Sunday 90 min. Monday 30 Wednesday 60 today 20 and I'm walking my hour tonight. I started eating lunch as opposed to drinking it. It makes me so very sleepy. Still staying at around 650 calories 90-110 G protein under12 g sugar and no carbs. I'm feeling kind of melancholy, not regretting but have reached a point that I feel overwhelmed and moving forward is harder than standing still. That's why I'm bringing lunch now, small step in the right direction. I had to buy more new pants the old new ones were falling off. Nice reward though. I am a bargain king now that I can go to a normal people stores.

Question about your sugar count ... is that the sugar count the MFP provides which includes naturally occurring sugars in the food you eat, or is it added sugar in the form of sweeteners? ... I'm having a hard time grasping how you can consume sugar if you don't have any carbs. ... I don't add any sugar or sweeteners to my food and am always amazed at how much sugar gets into my diary here on MFP from the other food I eat. :o ... just count me as too curious! :#
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Not gonna lie. This is TOUGH. Trying to re- educate my brain that reaching for food when I am stressed ( which is every day!) is not going to help me at all. Having this challenge is VERY helpful as I do not want to have to post a gain, so that is super motivating. I get lots of steps at work but struggle on my days off as I am so exhausted. Doing a little bit of housework is often all I can manage.
    But, I am making progress. Slow and steady!

• Nikion901
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Friday Fitness ... I saw the chiropractor yesterday for another 'adjustment' ... he persuaded me to come two more times over the next 2 weeks ... and I'll probably keep those appointments, however I did tell him I didn't notice any improvement or stabilization in my condition from the therapies I've had over the past 6 weeks; so I might decide to cancel them when the appointment confirmation call comes in. It's starting to sound like I will have to go to a neurosurgeon after all; which is something I don't want because I've already made up my mind not to have the recommended back surgery unless there is absolutely nothing else I can try.

To that effect, I have been working hard to get myself more mobile. I've been setting the kitchen timer for 30 minutes and working on keeping upright and moving about during that time without sitting down. I'm doing housework as that is an upright activity that involves a lot of different types of postures.

Today was the first day to try 2 sessions about 1 hour apart. I made it through the first session with out my legs and feet going numb ... just! Not so for the second one. Still ... I'm going to do a 3rd session later on, and maybe even a 4th. Next Monday I am increasing my upright time to 45 minutes. Keep me in your positive thoughts so that I can receive your positive vibes and do it! :#
    Niki
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I have been upset with myself over the sodium problem I have had. I'm on steroids again and it makes me so hungry and my munch of choice is salty but this time I have eaten sweets as well. It's like a ravenous animal in my head sometimes. It's so distressing to me. I went over to the NSV thread to read yesterday, because it will usually help me to get back on track. It did and I wanted to share my NSV (non scale victory with you guys so I am I posting the same thing here.
    I've been struggling lately. I have Congestive Heart Failure and if I don't watch my sodium intake my weight can easily go up 8 -13 pounds in one day and even though I know what it is, it's still disheartening that I've let myself do it again, and sometimes it becomes a problem for a week or more. This time it has basically been out of whack for two weeks. I knew that I needed to come here and start reading. For some reason, it just helps me to know that we all struggle with things that can derail us, and it gives me the courage to get back on the wagon. Yesterday was a good attempt but not perfect with the healthy low sodium diet, but today I cleaned out my closet and tried on clothes that hadn't fit for a LONG time and most of them fit now, maybe not all them perfect but I could wear them. That just made me feel so good and it made me want to get back on the wagon whole heartedly, even though I'm going out to dinner tonight with friends for Mexican. I've been looking at the menu online and planning how I can handle it. Even without any exercise I still have 834 calories left for the day so I'm thinking a grilled chicken salad and no salt margarita might be in my future, and in a few weeks I could be looking good in the things that aren't perfect just yet! Thanks everyone for sharing your struggles and successes, it makes me want to do so much better than I am at some points along the way!