Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    @Nikion901 and @campfirequeen1 - sending hugs and positive vibes to both of you!!
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    @nikion yes it's what mfp gives me. I don't usually have any processed sugars. I get sugar alcohols and occasionally agave nectar .
  • jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Fitness Friday. With all the driving to and from appointments for my nephew and having 2 Littles in toe it's hard to get in my 10k steps each day much less actual exercise time but this week I did manage to get in my step goal on 3 days, 1 hr of cardio at the gym (I have a love hate relationship with the stair climber), and 2hrs 15 min of push mowing and weedwacking the yard. So I will call this week a success and who knows what could happen tomorrow, maybe if the weather clears we can go hiking. Thankful Doctor's and therapist's offices take weekends off!!!
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    After sliding down the rabbit hole, I finally emerged. Decided on a good lunch instead or junk food and went for a walk by myself in the woods. Called a friend and she agreed to walk with me in the future. It's so lovely there.

I am so stressed out and that is contributing to the isolation. Got a positive email from my attorney and a friend who has experienced a similar situation to mine and that encouraged me and I decided, I'm not going to worry (whatever will be will be) AND I'm not going to let others determine my state of mine. My desire to please others causes me too much stress. I am learning to not care and that stresses me out. I do truly care but others don't always so as my counselor said today "If you don't take care of yourself, who is? Good questions

NIKION - Sorry you are struggling. I've used chiropracters for years and it usually takes a while to get results. Bit it is non invasive. Hopefully you have a good chiropractor

CampfireQueen - Good choices. Hard to make but so helpful
    Birget - Hope the weekend is better than you think. Best wishes to you
    Jam post That yard work should help
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Update on the Mexican dinner... There were suppose to be six of us and it was storming dreadfully. I was the third to arrive and the next two came in a good bit after me, then the sixth never made it and never called, so we were sitting there waiting a long time. I finally gave in and ate some chips and salsa, because I was so hungry. But the goodness is that I did stick to my choice of grilled chicken salad, no cheese, no dressing, just a few lime slices squeezed on it and it was delicious! No margarita, just unsweet iced tea with lime and it was delicious too. Tomorrow we will see if the chips and salsa did me in!
    @birgitkwood -you are so sweet honey! Thanks for that hug, I needed it!
    @KATRENAJ -I know what you mean. I like to please others too and it can be very stressful. YES, you take care of you! They will get over it. And thank you for your support!
  • fabnblessfran
    fabnblessfran Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello! New to Fitness Pal!!
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Name: Barb
    Height: 5' 3"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 241.6
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 228

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 241.6
    March 1: 239.4
    March 8: 237
    March 15: 235.6
    March 22: 234
    March 29: 231.8
    April 5: 230.8
    April 12: 227.8
    April 19: 226.2
    Last day April 22: 226.2

Weight -/+ this week:-1.6
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -15.4

First I have to admit I'm a compulsive weigher! (Is that a word?) I'm very happy with my weight loss even though these last couple of days it had been all over the place by a few tenths either side of the 226.2 - but usually higher. :( I'm using the same weight as I had for the 19th. In the last three days I've seen 226.2, 226.4, 226.6 and 225.8 (and not in that order!) This morning I got on and saw 226.4 when I first rolled out of bed then a half hour later just before getting dressed I saw 225.8 which is a first but maybe not a true reading? Anyway, I'm starting the new challenge soon and whatever it says the FIRST (and hopefully only) time I weigh that day will be my starting weight. Does anyone else do that, get on the scales more than once in the morning before getting dressed?
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Name: Robin
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 273.8
    Goal Weight (week of April 22) 259.9

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 273.8
    March 1: 273
    March 8: 272.4**
    March 15: 270.2
    March 22: 268.4
    March 29: 266.4
    April 5: 265.4
    April 12: 264.4
    April 19: 262.6
    Last day April 22: 262

** My birthday week

Weight -/+ this week: -2.4
    Weight -/+ total: -11.8

My final numbers for the Earth Day challenge, now on to Ready for Summer challenge!!
  • RobinB0812
    Options
    Ready for Summer challenge

Name: Robin

Start Weight (April 19): 262.6
    Goal Weight (July 1): 249.9

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 -
    2. May 3 -
    3. May 10 -
    4. May 17 -
    5. May 24 -
    6. May 31 -
    7. June 7 -
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1 -

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ total:

Since my weigh in days are Wednesdays, I am using what my weight was this past Wednesday instead of today.

Until next time; wishing everyone Peace B) , Love <3 and Weight Loss :smiley: !!
  • FourLynne62
    FourLynne62 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    "Saturday - Success (what have you accomplished; focus on the positive of the week, NSV=non scale victories)"
    First visit, and like this idea. So my Saturday input, I came back! I've been derailed last couple weeks for whatever the reason. Let's go!
  • RobinB0812
    Options
    @bapcarrier - I can totally relate to the scale woes! My weight fluctuated within 15 minutes this morning between 262.6 and 259.8 pounds. I used the weight that popped up most, 262. This is typical every time I step on the scale.
    The fact that I saw 259.8 must mean it's right around the corner! :smiley:

Until next time; wishing everyone Peace B) , Love <3 and Weight Loss :smiley: !!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Name: Niki

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 242.5
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 232

Weigh-ins Wednesday weights
    February 22: 242.5
    March 1: 242
    March 8: 242.3
    March 15: 238 (birthday week)
    March 22: 236.8
    March 29: 235.6
    April 5: 236.6
    April 12: 241.0
    April 19: 241.2
    Last day April 22: 239.8

Weight -/+ this week: -1.4
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -2.7

Not the results I was striving toward ... like one of our former regulars used to say "Onward and Downward". On to the next challenge and another opportunity to hit the bell.
  • RunningOnWontons
    RunningOnWontons Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Name: Claire
    Height: 5'1"

Start Weight (week of Mar 1) 229.8 lbs
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 213.0 lbs

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: ***missed this week
    March 1: 229.8
    March 8: 222.2
    March 15: 224.2
    March 22: 221.8
    March 29: 219.8
    April 5: 220.4
    April 12: 219.8
    April 19: 215.6
    Last day April 22: 213.8

Weight -/+ this week: -1.8 lbs
    Total Weight -/+ this challenge -16 lbs

I'm really happy with what I achieved here. Didn't *quite* reach my goal, but I'm within sneezing distance of it.

Today is Easter, Round 2, for me. In my family we usually have multiple holiday celebrations because various people have jobs that keep them away from home for weeks on end. This can be fun, but when you're watching your (for example) jelly bean consumption, it's not really so fun. I will do my best today--I got in a nice walk and burned a couple hundred calories this morning, so I'm going to try not to sweat it when the basket of candy gets passed around (again).

@campfirequeen I smile at a lot of your posts because I share some similar issues. In fact I too have been absolutely struggling with my Mexican/Tex-Mex food cravings lately. I admire your strength at being able to have a good time at the restaurant without going overboard. That would've been very difficult for me, indeed. I bought myself a Mexican cookbook recently in the hope of learning how to cook the stuff I like at home...I'm hopeful that this will be helpful to me (or at least an amusing creative effort). :smile:

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    GOINSTD12 wrote: »
    @Nikion901 - have you tried chair exercises to strengthen your core? Just a suggestion. There are some great YouTube videos on chair exercises.

@GOINSTD12 ... Thanks for the suggestion Tracy Yes ... I do chair exercises every day. Congratulations on the size down!

@bapcarrier ... I understand the scale hopping! When my weight shot up on the April 5th weigh-in I found myself pulling out the old WW scale and comparing. That scale weighs lower by almost 2 pounds and I was so tempted to go with it's reading, or perhaps somewhere between the two I used that day. I can drive myself nutty with the scale numbers! ... it doesn't bother me on a regular day, but the days I need to report my weight in a challenge are always more stressful. Sometimes I'll weigh myself a second time during the day, but even then, it's always the first reading I get that I record in my journal ... somehow I feel if I don't take the first weight that I will be sabatoging my statistics.

@RobinB0812 ... I also weigh in on Wednesday for the challenges on this thread. However, I participate in other challenges as well ... one gets the Monday weight, another gets the Friday weight. But my own records get a daily weight. I figure why not, the scale is out there in it's place and I'm in the room with it the first thing in the morning anyway ... so why not weigh-in!

Saturday Success ... I was able to do 4 30-minute sessions of housework yesterday, although one of them had to be sitting on a stool in front of the kitchen sink! ... My legs and feet did numb up but I worked through trying to see if it would improve if I kept pushing through it. Not, but I'm still trying. ... anything to keep me from having to sit as much as I do.

PS ... @RunningOnWontons ... Claire, it's a second Easter this Sunday for my traditions also. However, I didn't do the tradtional festivities and foods this year. I'm the only one left of my family that might follow them, and I haven't been able to attend services because the church is not handicap accessible. Still ... tomorrow is Bright Sunday and I will be visiting the cemetaries to remember those who have passed from this realm.
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Name: Rachael
    Height: 66"

Start Weight: 293.0 (W Feb 22)
    Goal Weight: <285.0 (A Apr 22)

Weigh-ins on Wednesdays
    February 22: 293.0
    March 1: 290.6
    March 8: 291.2
    March 15: 293.0
    March 22: 290.6
    March 29: 291.7
    April 5: 292.1
    April 12: 290.6
    April 19: 292.3
    Last day April 22: 289.9

Weight -/+ this week: -2.4
    Weight -/+ challenge total: -3.1

I has been a very rough challenge but if you keep chasing your dreams ... you are more likly to catch them than if you dont chase them. I will continue my chase. <3 Thanks Niki for the challenge!
  • lksmeeton
    lksmeeton Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Name: LaDana
    Height: 5'2"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22). 295
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 285

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 295
    March 1: 292
    March 8: 293
    March 15: 290
    March 22: 286
    March 29: 288
    April 5: 289
    April 12: 286
    April 19: 284
    Last day April 22: 281

Weight -/+ this week: -3
    Weight -/+ this month: -14

I usually weigh in on Mondays so it has been almost a week. I am looking forward to the summer challenge and seeing how we all do. Have a great weekend everybody!
  • lksmeeton
    lksmeeton Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Name: LaDana
    Height: 5'2"

Start Weight (week of April 19): 281
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 265

Weigh in week of:
    (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    1. April 26 -
    2. May 3 -
    3. May 10 -
    4. May 17 -
    5. May 24 -
    6. May 31 -
    7. June 7 -
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1 -

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ total:

Getting ready for the summer challenge.
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Saturday successes. It's been a very successful week despite my malaise with sleeved living. I'm struggling with eating, or rather not eating, mentally. It's been 10 weeks almost since anything was normal. Living like this isn't normal, hopefully it will be soon. I can eat almost anything, not much at all, but almost anything. Too fast and I'm sick. Too much ditto.
    Successes, Tuesday was my youngests' birthday. We went out to dinner at Texas Roudhouse. I had half of my cup of chili ( not recommending it) and 60% of the shrimp appetizer (3 of 5, math nerd it's how I think). I fit COMFORTABLY in the booth. My mother in law is still in shock at how much I eat, but tickled at my success so far, my sister in law who is always on a cult/fad diet is less pleased with my success and a bit ugly about it too. I think she is a bit jealous and afraid she couldn't make to the surgery successfully. My other success was deciding and moving forward with eating lunch. I don't know why it was such a huge obstacle but it was. Pack food, simple right? No! I'm doing it though.