Loserville Challenge 3 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Claire don't give up. It is very hard but we are all here to support and help each other. I can see that most days you are staying under your calories, which is great. I know we would all like to be thin quick, but lets think thin forever instead and learn from each step as we go. Now you may not like what I have to say, and I know I'm no expert but from what i have read, I would like to see you try some changes. Many many studies have shown how important breakfast is, so start having a wholesome breakfast. It kick starts your metabolism. Try and thing of clean foods. OR unprocessed foods Or whole foods. However you like to look at it. Have a look at Rach's diary she is a great example. If the food comes in packaging that has a long list of ingredients it probably isn't in its most natural state. Take time to read the posts on here about nutrition and slowly add new things. For example think on this ... You can have 1500 calories of fried chicken and a donut. Or 1500 calories of wholegrains (oats, wholemeal bread,)2 serves of fruit, 3 serves of protein, 5 serves of vegetables.. Your body will not only burn calories digesting the lovely fresh wholesome food it will also smile on the inside. And give you better fuel for exercise. So don't cry, make your body smile with the best you can give it.
  • FizzingWhizbee
    FizzingWhizbee Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Don't give up Clare. I know you must be so frustrated. Just remember that you've already lost that weight and you can get there again. We're all here to support you and I have faith that you can get that weight off and get back on track. The body is a curious beast and sometimes it's hard to control it, but please remember, even with this gain, your loss is still huge. You are doing so well. Be proud of what you've managed to acheive and hold your head high. With a positive attitude, I know that you will start to see the scales going the right way again.

Love and hugs. xxx
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Just popping in to say "HI" ... been very busy here, we didn't win the auction for the house, we didn't even bid, it sold for more than we were prepared to pay, and we were all good with that. Feel like I really need to sit down with my hubby and have a good talk about what we want, as it was odd how unbothered I was about the house. When I'm spending that much money, I want to be like "yeah, this is it, this what I want!". I was almost a bit sad to not be disappointed, which has really made me think a lot more about what I want ...

Then we've had friends staying over for the weekend, they just left now, so my logging was vague yesterday, and nonexistent today, but bootcamp starts again tomorrow, so back down to it!

I'm with the challenge! Who can lose weight, is it??!!! LOL! Come on, lets get down to it. Lets DO IT!!!

My aim for the week is 8 hours sleep every night, aiming to only go over my sugar by 50% (it really is impossible to stay under it!) and making sure the majority of my sugar comes from natural sources, aiming to stay under my calories, and yes aiming to lose weight!!

I didn't weigh this morning because of my guests. I've not eaten well at all, but I will weigh in tomorrow morning, see what damage I've done, been eating allsorts of rubbish, drinking far too much wine and eating chocolate and icecream, and I feel pretty crap for it, and am looking forward to getting back on the healthy stuff!!!
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Thanks peeps... Didn't realise my breakfast was that bad and then I see that twice in the last week I've only had coffee... I usually have weetabix (wheat biscuits) or museli though so that's ok isn't it? With fruit?

And yes i see you what you're saying about eating better calories not just fitting them in!

Will see what happens over the next week with the changed calorie intake of 1500... Will also get water down me - something that has been lacking in the last week....

How did everyone else do with their scales today? x
  • FizzingWhizbee
    Options
    No loss this week. Holding steady at 217lbs. Didn't really expect to have lost this week though as I've not been able to do any proper exercise. At least I'm allowed to start again now though, so that's something. Silly rules after injections.

How's everyone else doing on this fine day?

x
  • Hannastyrbjorn
    Options
    I am sorry to hear that so many of you are struggling with losing at the moment. I am sure this is just a phase that is over before you know it. I have lost 0.5 kg this week so I am now at 89.6kgs or 197.1lbs. I have been working like hell this past week and been out having loads of fun this weekend. So Jenni you were right either way ;) I have missed you guys a lot and I will try to be a good girl while at work this week. I am working 4 hours today and then two 25hours shifts before Friday. Will not complain when I get my money, but at the moment there are so many other things I'd like to do....

Love!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies! I am so bummed that everyone one is having such a hard time.

Claire I know you can do this. just take it one day at a time. I know the healthy changes we help.

Whizzy - i hope the heeling goes well. Walking is great for you :)

Hanna - great loss

I was crazy busy over ther weekend. But my sucess for last week was beatign my cals burned goal of 1800 cals. I burned over 2000. I helped a freidn move on saturday. I ate pizza but I didn't stop moving either.

My goals this week are to burn ove 1800 cals again. And fit yoga into my exercise routine again. I really need teh relaxing benifits as well as the cal burn, streaching and strenght training. I also want to log all my food on tiem including the weekends. The bad weekends kill my weightloss.

So i would suggest that we all challenge ourselves to log everyday on time. the good the bad and the ugly. I also think we shoudl try to look at what each other is eating. To offer suggestions and maybe to get inspired. eatign the same thing all the time can get boring and make us want to eat junk..
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I got a good lessen this weekend that just because things seem to be going good does not mean they are. My husband left me Saturday and moved in with another woman so needless to say life has been a little off-kilter. And to top it off I injured my ankle walking and so will not be able to get any walking in this week which really sucks because I really need the calorie burn and energy to get through this. My weight is up 2.4 pounds from last week. I am at 325.8, but to be honest I expected it to be a lot worse so I am actually happy with that number.

You know the ironic thing -- we were getting along better than we have in our 18 months together. He left me for a woman who is also very heavy, but she has no job or income so he will be supporting her from his measly $356 disability check. The only thing she has that I don't is big boobs. I just don't get it. His family is all shocked and they are standing 100% behind me.

I think I have cried more tears in the last 2 days than I ever have in my life. Just when I think I am strong enough to get through this, the tears start again. Time to once again start over in my life and try to move on and heal. The one thing in this I am thankful for is that it happened now and not years down the road. I am also thankful for my friends who stand behind me and along side me during the rough spots in life. And for my friends on this site. Without all of you I would give up on this journey, blame it on my life being a mess, and gain back all the weight I have worked so hard to release. I would have in the past put the pounds back on as quickly as possible to build up that wall of protection that helped me isolate my feelings and fears for so long. I can honestly see how far I have come in the last 6 months, not only by the numbers on the scale, but by my entire attitude and not giving up though I am hurting so damn bad.
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Tami, you are an amazing woman. My heart goes out to you as do my arms as I hug you. When you hit a low come back to the letter you wrote us and read how positive you are and remember the strength you have gained throughout this journey and will continue to do so. :heart:
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Tami, you are doing an amazing job. I can hardly believe how well you handle what life throws at you, you really are truly, honestly amazing. And I feel so proud to call you a friend. Big, big hugs. You will get through this, and you will be stronger because of it. x
  • fuhrmeister
    Options
    Tami My heart breaks for you. But I am so pround of how strong you are. I don't know that I could be that way you are an inspiration. Please let us know if there is anyhitng we can do to help you through this chapter in your life.
  • fuhrmeister
    Options
    Hello All - it's open up Tuesday again So here is whats been bugging me.

I go through phases where I am terrified of death. Not sure what bring sit on but it keeps me up at night, 1. b/c I'm afraid I won't wake up or 2. I'm afraid i will miss somthing The other night I had to call hubby at work b/c I felt like I was going to cry. I don't know if I feel this way b/c I have miss out of soem of life from beign overweight, or b/c I am currently wishing to be a mother and i feel like somthing is missing in that respect but death scares the poop out of me even when life is as good as it is right now.

But to end on a high note. I went to sculpt class yesterday. i haden't been in ages and it was so much fun. I can't wait to see what happens at next Mondays class :)

Have a lovely day everyone.
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Courntey, maybe death scares you because you love life so much. But I do understand your fear.

For my open tuesday. Well I was happy to find out Sunday night that we would not have anyone staying with us this coming weekend. Then tonight we get a phone call, a very confusing phone call that went from 2 staying to now 5. Thankfully I stuck with my plan and have continued to clean the house. I don't usually mind having people to stay and we have plenty of room, but because I am a bad house keeper I need a lot of notice. Plus because I dont "work" . Well 2 x 4 hour shifts a week they think I don't have a life and can be at here at their beck and call. I should be able to make the house acceptable tomorrow and then I can get on with what I want to do. But I would not be surprised if these arrangements change again. hubby's side of the family very bad with communicating and I am really looking forward to the dinner Saturday night. NO!!!! Many of them don't talk to each other etc. As it gets closer my resolve to be good that night gets weaker, I think I may need strength from alcohol. I also know that I will be judged and talked about , if I eat a lot or not. Not that I really care. Why do we have to go to family functions with people we don't really like? We would never choose to go to a social function with people we don't like.

Oh well at least I have you guys to come back to. Will take this week one day at a time. Just gotta get through it.
    :tongue:
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Open Tuesday.... Can't think of anything other than what I've already posted about this week - the scale moving in the wrong direction! Why does it go on so easy and be sooooo hard to get off again! I KNOW I've not been 100% good over the past month but I didn't think it was 5lbs worth of bad! AND I've been exercising! What gives!

I know I've got to just take the rough with the smooth so I'm sure I'll get through it... I have to! Can't give up now... Just hope things start moving in the right direction again before I lose my mind! TOM is on it's way too so that's not helping matters.... ALWAYS put on the week before TOM... Just want to see a good loss again this week or I'm going to start banging my head against a wall!!!

Just made my self a "smoothie" of sorts from the berries that were going mushy in my fridge... It was more of a coulis really so I added a cheeky scoop of vanilla ice cream into it..... Damn it was good!! Think it was definitely most of my 5-a-day!!

Not sure what to have to dinner... Have got some left over bulgar wheat and some cucumber and cherry tomatoes and some minted lamb kebab things so that'll have to do!

ttfn peeps..

p.s. Tami - be strong xxx
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, checking in briefly to say hello, holiday has been amazing so far, not flying home till Friday though! Sadly diet has gone out of the window, really not looking forward to getting on the scales when i get home, I think it will be worse than i allowed. But I have had so muc fun, so won't beat myself up about it! Speak on my return! Xo
  • fuhrmeister
    Options
    Jenni thats an interesting way to look at it. i'll just continue to be full of life so I have no regrets. Sorry about your unfun house guests. It seems like people never take a moment eo walk a mile in anothers shoes anymore. how dare they assume you have no life. Don't let them get you down.

Claire - didyou do better when you weren;'t weighing in as much. maybe teh scale is stressing you out. i wish I knew why it's being so mean, your exercie routien rocks. keep tryign nre things and I'm sure you'll find wha works.

becy - glad you atre havign fun. don't worry about the food just come home ready to work. :)

My iron was high enought to give blood today YAY!
  • Hannastyrbjorn
    Options
    Tami I am so sorry to hear that you are going through hard times. I second everything all the ladies here have said. You are an amazing woman and I believe everything happens for a reason. Be strong, you can handle this! And we are all here to to catch you if you fall.:heart:

I know it's open tuesday and that I have missed so many days on here. But I'll fire up til next tuesday and keep on rocking til then ;) Will try to be a little bit more active on here starting tomorrow.

Love you all!
  • FizzingWhizbee
    Options
    So here we are for Open up Tuesday again...

This is something some of my friends know about me, but most don't. I have a real issue with the age 39. I'm 33 now and hittin 39 scares the hell out of me. I know exactly why I feel like that and I know it's completely irrational to think it too. Basically my Dad died when he was 39. It was very sudden and completely unexpected. It was New Year's Day 1992 and he walked into the living room and fell down dead on the floor. The autopsy showed that it was an embolism to the heart and that he was probably dead before he even hit the floor. After he died (I was 13) they did some tests on me at the doctors to check my blood work as they said they may be able to find markers in my blood to see if I'd be more prone to have anything similar happen to me. Luckily it came back negative but it's bothered me ever since.

I guess being a bigger girl, we all know the added risks to our health. Every time I get a pain in my chest, I'll almost convince myself I'm having a heart attack... Of course lesson learnt in this situation is never Google your symptoms! Lol. I guess that now being in my 30's is another reason for me wanting to lose the weight. I really don't want to be going anywhere before I'm 40. As I said before, I know that because it happened to my Dad doesn't mean that it will happen to me but I guess it's something that won't shift.

I once saw a doctor who didn't help things at all by saying something along the lines of "Well with a family history like yours, I'd lose weight now before you end up just like your Dad!" I do wish that some doctors had better training in speaking to people. Shaming people into losing weight is not the answer. When the doctor said that to me, all I wanted to do was go home and eat!

Anyhow, on a more positive note, since I've been on MFP and part of this group, I'm not so scared about it all. I've realised that I am doing something to make myself happier and more importantly, healthier. I feel supported by all of you lovely ladies and I know that as the weight comes off, the sense of doom lifts. :)

@Tami I'm so sorry to hear about what you're going through. I know I don't know you very well, but from what I know of you here, I can only say that you always come across as a really strong person. You deserve to be treated so much better than that and as Hanna said in her message, if you fall, we'll catch you. :heart:

@Courtney As you can see from this post, I get completely what you're saying. I just take every day as it comes and as the weight is coming off, the feeling of panic is slowly ebbing away. *hugs*
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Wednesday... S .... share a health tip.

I just can't think of anything to add to this list, maybe I will later today. But for now instead I am going to take from the list and work on it today. I am taking No. 5 Be happy. Smile and the world smiles with you. As I prepare for this weekend, I will only think happy and positive tohoughts.

Health Tips Summary
    1. Indulge in hand cream instead of late night snacking.
    2. Eat a good healthy breakfast for a great start to your day, including protein.
    3. Do not deny yourself. Allow yourself to eat all foods in moderation.
    4. High protein, Low carbs. Protein will keep you fuller for longer.
    5. Be happy. Smile and the world smiles with you.
    6. Drink green tea proven to boost your metabolism.
    7. Encourage support from family and friends.
    8. Water, water, water.
    9. Eat wholegrains.
    10. Brush your teeth early. To curve late night eating.
    11. Use fresh herbs.
    12. Plan ahead.

Whizzy, I never wanted to be any of the nines, for the stupid reason of having to listen to people say ohhhh, next year you will , 30 or 40 or 50. So I missed them all. When people would ask me how old I was instead of saying 39, I went straight to 40.etc.

Becci, holidays are for fun, don't worry about the scale, you have refreshed your spirit and given yourself wonderful memories these things are just as important.

Hanna, I am missing you. Come on back, often, soon. I have always loved your point of view and humour.

Claire, I agree its just not right how it goes on much quicker than off. If we have to deny ourselves 3500 calories a week to lose a pound, why is it when I just walk by a donut shop a pound slaps on to my butt. Do I have a magnetic butt or something. Maybe if we have to work hard to lose it, we appreciate it more. ( remember I am being positive today, and smiling) . When really I would just like to say,crap,this is hard.

Love to all of you, have a healthy wednesday. Its a brand new day, make it the day you want it to be.
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Quick decision, heading into the city tonight. So will not be able to access Loserville till I get home friday pm. Big test time now to stay under calories. Keep up the good work everyone.