Over 200 new Year New Me Part 50

Options

Replies

• elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Big congratulations to Julie! Maisie is beautiful!!

The past few weeks have been a lot of eating and drinking whatever I want - and I haven't wanted to eat healthy!! I haven't exercised in at least a week, maybe two, but I'm really ready for that streak to be over! I mostly grazed this weekend - we had our birthday party on Friday night, volunteered at a sandwich festival on Saturday, and went to a homebrewers' picnic on Sunday. Lots of grazing, lots of drinking, lots of calories!

I reset my ticker to focus on these last 22 lbs that I can't seem to shake. Drinking my water like crazy and focusing on healthy eating. I have a one-month unlimited Bikram yoga pass that I'm activating on Thursday. I'm going to make that my main exercise with a goal of 3-4 times/week. We can do this!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Still here !!! Congrats Julie ,Maisie is beautiful and I love her name.I have little girl in my Sunday School class and her name is Maizie Grace.Very unique name you chose.I am doing well my husband and I are losing weight together and everything seems to be falling into place.Not going crazy over the scale ,relaxing and being conscious of what and how much I eat and just enjoying my new lifestyle.I think I finally have a hold on this thing
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Still here !!! Congrats Julie ,Maisie is beautiful and I love her name.I have little girl in my Sunday School class and her name is Maizie Grace.Very unique name you chose.I am doing well my husband and I are losing weight together and everything seems to be falling into place.Not going crazy over the scale ,relaxing and being conscious of what and how much I eat and just enjoying my new lifestyle.I think I finally have a hold on this thing
    It sounds like you are doing great awestfall! Good for you! and good to see you here!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    my goal for the next 4 weeks in 8 lbs. I totally didn't do anyhthing for my last goals. But i am starting fresh , i am stoping going on what i did in the past.

I reset my ticket like today is day 1.

Today i did pretty good for the start, not doing good on the water , but better than normal, i was hoping for 64 oz and did about 40.
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Heather - how exciting that you and Jess got to meet! I am so jealous! :tongue:

check in:

cals: under too much. Will work on hitting that high number tomorrow!
    water: about 64 oz
    exercise: 30 minute walk and housecleaning
    proud: I am back for good! :bigsmile:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    It sounds like everyone has a new focus, new goals and new motivation! Yay!

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: Slightly over
    Water: 12.5 glasses
    Exercise: Ran 2 miles, walked 1 on the treadmill last night
    Proud: I was debating whether I should workout last night (at 9:30pm). I knew I *should* but I didn't *want* to. Then, I reminded myself I always feel better when I *do*, so I actually *did*!

Running last night felt good. I wanted to knock out three miles, but my legs are tighter than I thought from this weekend and my stomach was still full from dinner, so I did what I could and didn't push myself too hard. Something is better than nothing, after all!
  • elmox
    Options
    Blue - so good to see you every day!
    Heather - your dedication is inspiring!

Yesterday's check-in:
    Cals - 1324, under by 7!
    Water - 96 oz (goal met!)
    Exercise - Usual mile walk
    Proud - Made good choices at dinner - split a steak with someone instead of eating the HUGE thing myself. Had a very small piece of pie for dessert. Didn't snack after that.

It's going to be a tough day for me - we have (another!) beer and food event tonight and I'm not going to let the $40 go to waste - I'll be thoroughly enjoying myself!
  • purpleprose
    purpleprose Posts: 650
    Options
    I didn't get on the scale this AM!

That's all I have the time for now, but needed to share. I SO wanted to get on, but made myself drink some water and eat breakfast before I got ready so I wouldn't be tempted.
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Blue every time I come on here and I see those arches I smile. That means my friend blue has been here:heart:

I keep looking at Julies baby ...She is just soooooo cute with her pouty little baby lips. I usually have a baby about every 4 years as long as I have known my husband. :blushing: :laugh: :blushing: :laugh: So this is the longest we have ever gone without having a new baby.......6 years. Every time I have a baby I get sad thinking I will never have another. But honestly after I had Ryan I remember thinking "Yay I NEVER have to have another baby again!!!!!!!!" I actually still feel that way. Now I am looking forward to grandmother hood in about 7-8 years. By then my oldest daughter would have graduated from college and maybe met her husband got married and has a good career(God willing) Then I can start the grandmother countdown..

Well, yesterday I went to the lake ate like a pig and swam like a fish. I ate nearly 3000 calories but still came in 35 calories under my daily total. That is me eating my exercise calories....
  • Momma24
    Options
    I didn't get on the scale this AM!

That's all I have the time for now, but needed to share. I SO wanted to get on, but made myself drink some water and eat breakfast before I got ready so I wouldn't be tempted.

Good for you!:flowerforyou: I think I need to get on the scale more often because I will go a very long time without weighing.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Here's another one for Momma (and also because I'm apparently one of THOSE moms :wink:):

Maisie13-2.jpg
  • purpleprose
    purpleprose Posts: 650
    Options
    She is just DARLING! She looks so precious. :heart:
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    julie - she is such a cuite. I showed DH and he was like that is a good looking baby :smile:

day 2 went good for me.

I didn't workout today at lunch due to serena was sick. I was under (by 4 ) my calories wihtout any workout, but went to the gym and did a little cardio (1 mile on the elliptical) and then did about 20 minutes of weights.

So far met 1/2 of my weekly goal of doing weights at least 2x a week. towards the end i was doing some stuff with some 7 lb dumbells ( so not like overdoing weight or anything) and i swore i felt like i was going to throw up.

Check in -
    Cals under by 250 or so
    exercise - 20 min weights and 14 min ( 1 mile) ellitpical
    Water - 60 oz today, getting there.
    proud - I went to the gym even though i was already under my cals.
  • Momma24
    Options
    Here's another one for Momma (and also because I'm apparently one of THOSE moms :wink:):

Maisie13-2.jpg

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: She is just too cute:love::love: :love: :love: :love:
  • elmox
    Options
    LOVE!!!! Julie, she's amazing!

As suspected, I went a little crazy at the food/beer event last night. But, I did pretty well with breakfast, lunch, and snacks. Oh well, that was a special event!

Yesterday's check-in:
    Cals - Over, probably close to 2600. However, unlike Momma, I did not swim like a fish so there's no exercise cals to balance that out!
    Water - 72 oz - not what it should have been, but ok
    Exercise - 30 min of walking
    Proud - Did some shopping yesterday - happy with the way they fit! (and the size I bought!)

5410026410_1_1_3.jpg?timestamp=1299869254519
    2426096070_1_1_3.jpg?timestamp=1297274014327
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Was not able to get on the board while on vacation and was crazy busy right before I left.

I survived the Warrior Dash!! WOOHOOO!! I wasn't expecting that big of a hill either!! It was up a freaking ski slope. I had no idea. But I did it. I didn't get a great time. My official time was 1 hour and 12 minutes. 2 of the obsacles were closed when we went through due to lightning. Coming down the hill was rough. It was slippery and I fell 3 times. But we still had a blast!! I would most definitely do it agin!!

Back at it today!!

Julie-your baby girl is absolutely precious!! :heart: :heart:

Here is the pic of me and Heather. Hope I remember how to do this!

551122_8875.jpg
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Welcome back RedneckWmn, thanks for sharing that pic of you and HeatherMN ... very fun to see you both. My SIL was at the Warrior dash too as well as my step Aerobics instructor (and I heard about the hill!). Sounds like it was challenging but fun. Good for you!

Lilspy - love the new picture, very sweet.

I was home yesterday and somehow didn't find the time to log my food but I'll take a guess.
    checking in for yesterday:
    calories: didn't log yet - but I was probably a bit over, I didn't eat enough in the morning and then overdid later in the day.
    exercise: mowing
    water: probably short
    proud: the scale is almost back to pre-vacation weight already
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Jess: Thanks for posting our pic! Next year we'll have a pic of the two of us muddy together at Warrior Dash...and any of the lovely ladies here who would like to join us!

Julie: Maisie is so darn adorable! You did a great job!

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: Under!
    Water: 12 glasses
    Exercise: Catching, grooming and riding my horse.
    Proud: That I went to the barn, even though I was feeling a little lazy. My horse was wonderfully behaved yesterday and didn't even make me work too hard to catch her!
  • elmox
    Options
    Pic from last night's event!

• bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Everybody is posting great pics! So exciting!

Julie, she is absolutely perfect! I smile every time I see a pic of her. I keep remembering back before you were married and how much has changed in your life since then. So wonderful!

Momma, thank you for looking forward to my arch! I am very happy to be back!

I got to go swimming today. Spent FIVE hours in the pool! :love: :love: :love:

check in:
    cals: under now but I plan to have fruit later so it will work out
    water: 100 oz
    exercise: swimming
    proud: I continued to exercise in the pool even when my friend quit