Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• teresaglz21
    teresaglz21 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating?

Fitness- walking everywhere while in Vegas, the strip and outlets. I also want to try to hit the pool :)

Weekend- taking snacks such as apples and celery with me everywhere I go so if I get hungry I wont get tempted with junk food. plus looking into healthy alternatives every time we eat out.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Friday fitness- not doing so well in the fitness front as I am so exhausted from my 12 hr 10,000 step work days I have no energy on my days off. Gonna try and cut the front lawn today before work tho. Maybe that will count for something?? It is hard work!
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Walking lots and lots of walking. I will attempt to be careful with the calorie goal in spite of being in a household where a lot of meals are eating out of the home and fast fix, not necessarily health conscience, food is the norm.
    Welcome to the new peeps, join in and spend some time with us, it's some really nice and supportive people on this thread!
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I need to step up my weight loss if not will not get to this callenge's goa!!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Name: Ana
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (week of April 19): 188.3 lbs
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 170 lbs

Weigh in week of:
    (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    1. April 26 - 183.4
    2. May 3 - 182.1
    3. May 10 - 181.0
    4. May 17 (*) -
    5. May 24 (*) -
    6. May 31 (*) -
    7. June 7 (*) -
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1 -

Weight -/+ this week: - 1.1
    Weight -/+ total: - 7.3

(*) will be in Italy ... land of wine and gelato
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 211 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Friday fitness, went to the pool with my friend who is visiting. Didn't do a lot of "swimming" as such because we were visiting and talking as we floated, but I did continuously tread water and work my arms back and forth thru the water, which I can definitely feel! I did this for over 35 minutes both Wednesday and today. Plus I ride my bike, not for a long time a once but several times a week and sometimes two or three times a day. :) So far so good.

Welcome to all the new people.

@gullagr Congratulations on your running and the great job you're doing with your exercises. Love the picture!

@cellosmiles Medical problems are so scary and can really do a job on our motivation. Hang in there and hopefully they'll figure things out soon.

Have a great weekend everyone. :)
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Cannot seem to stop exceeding my sodium limit. Was starving after doing PT today so instead of eating the healthy lunch I brought with me, I went to Rudy's BBQ and got a half a chicken. Ate 2/3rds of it. Now I've tracked it that half chicken has put me over for the day already (over 1100 mg), and haven't even had dinner yet. I brought a healthy salad so I will probably just eat that without the dressing I brought, but I'm still over on sodium, not a thing I can do about it now. Grrrr!
    On the other hand did very well at PT today and made all 3 days this week, as well as doing a bunch of riding mowing and some weed-eating. More for Saturday. But if I don't get a handle on the sodium all I'm going to do is gain water weight, which could be deadly for me.
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    @GOINSTD12 I get the Turkey when I get to Rudy's, and the green chile stew. Sucker for the sauce. You in Texas?
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Yup, Central TX (Bastrop) but work in Austin. You? Never even knew they had a green chili stew, sounds awesome! Oh yes, and I bought a bottle of the sauce today!
  • jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Saturday Success. ...nothing good to report here, after hubby's birthday yesterday with lots of sugar and salt, though I ate at a decent deficit but not my lowest, I have gained 4 lbs. So I need to up my water and do without sweets and salt for a few days and hopefully drop those pretty quickly. Luckily going to my mom's tomorrow will help with that because whenever we get together my dad fires up the grill and it's easy to stick to grilled protein and veggies!!
  • FourLynne62
    FourLynne62 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Saturday - Success (what have you accomplished; focus on the positive of the week, NSV=non scale victories)

I've logged consistently, had more water intake and a more positive attitude!
  • cedar2526
    cedar2526 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Started mowing lawn. Push mowed about 2 hours this week. I hope it leads to more activity. I've had little-no exercise all winter.
  • traceyc013
    traceyc013 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    @FourLynnne62...me too!!! Lots of water...logged every day...the good, the bad and the ugly
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I've been doing really good on the water scene too! I'm starting to hit 8 cups on some days now and always the 6 for sure. Steps are going really good along with the something extra exercise. Calories have no idea we'll see when I get back home.
  • FourLynne62
    FourLynne62 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Sunday - Sharing (tell us a little about yourself....update your personal life)

I really have nothing exciting to share. I'm a typical career woman, that works hard and commutes too long and never seems to have enough time in her day. I'm trying to make healthy changes, but its a slow process and one that is requiring great patience on my part, lol. Other than that, it is a beautiful morning. We've had nothing but rain and grey for days, so what a nice thing to wake up to!
  • heatherwright7762
    heatherwright7762 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey!
  • cigku
    cigku Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here. Sunday sharing... well, I will be 40 in march and I don't want to be fat at forty. Ten months and lots of poundage to lose.
  • RunningOnWontons
    RunningOnWontons Posts: 138 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there. :smiley:
    pneschich wrote: »
    Friday fitness. I had a spectacular fitness week. Walked 5 miles Monday and Wednesday. Played soccer for an hour Sunday and yesterday. Walked a mile with coworkers every day this week. Passed the 100 pound lost mark this week too (90 since I joined MFP). I feel terrific too.

Yay! CONGRATS to you on passing the 100 lb mark. So awesome.

@gullagr : Awesome progress so far, too! I also loved your description of running in rain as feeling enveloped in a veil. I always felt the same way--it was special. And that reminds me--I've lost enough weight that I think I can try on my old running rain shell/windbreaker that I couldn't wear over the past winter due to my weight. For me, long runs in autumn (the rainiest season, where I live) mist/drizzle are always quite an experience. I want to be fit enough by then to enjoy them again.

• cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have experienced quite the struggle with myself the last couple days. Although i have exercised, i havent cared over what i put into my body. This is 1 of the most difficult days for me, because i will probably never get to experience motherhood.

Trying to stay strong, and start fresh tomorrow :(
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Sunday Share ... Sunday - Sharing (tell us a little about yourself....update your personal life)
    It's been a hard week for me, diet wise. So much so that I can honestly say the only part of the whole program I stuck with was to log all my food.