Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• sand86802
    sand86802 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to pop by and wish a Happy Mother's Day to all the moms here!

I will celebrate with mine in 2 weeks since it is the french Mother's Day and we will actually be together. She and my dad are comig to visit for 2 weeks so actually we will do both Mother's and Father's day!
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day!
  • MrsFlint2013
    MrsFlint2013 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sunday Sharing...watching the season finale of NCIS LA with the hubby, and doing squats and other exercises during the commercial breaks. :)
    It's been a good, relaxing day.
    If anyone wants to add me as a friend, please do so. I'm so close to hitting 290 lbs!!!! First baby goal! :D
  • sand86802
    Options
    Monday check-in:

It hasnt been the greatest weekend food-wise for me. I spent the weekend helping a friend move which mostly involved some back and forth bus trips. As a result I didnt get as much walking done as I wished. Plus she slept over sunday night so it included some take-out and I was dogsitting for her yesterday so I stayed home and well... at some point pizza happened.

I am registered a couple lbs gain this morning. I think most of it is water but I wouldnt be surprised to register a gain on wednesday morning.

Either way it's back at work and I am going to try to be extra diligent for the next few days and get this weight down to where it was.

On the bright side, it's my last week of work before a 2 weeks staycation with my parents visiting from France. Since my mom is trying to loose weight as well, we probably wont do too many excesses (though I do intend to take them out a few times). On top of that we are planning to walk a lot so I will definitely get more exercise than usual.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-in:
    When it comes to my weight-loss and fitness plan, it's been a terrible week 19 (of 52 weeks) for me. I had my lowest weight last Monday and steadily gained every day from then on. Started Monday at 237.4 and was up to 238.4 by Wednesday but then it went up a whole 3 pounds by the Friday weigh-in, then another .6 pounds by Saturday. It's held the same as of this morning's weigh-in ... and this means that I am set back to a weight I had in the last challenge ... I haven't weighed this much since week 10...

.... Of course this put me into a tailspin for a brief period of time. But since the weight has held for the past 3 morning weights I'm confident this sudden gain has resolved itself and my weight will start to come back down. It's such a commonplace occurance in my history! I have to remember not to become overly critical of myself as my psyche certaining doesn't need to be stomped on! I'm still going to record my weigh-in on Wednesday this week for our challenge ... it's my weigh-in day for it.
  • Nikion901
    Options
    @sand86802 ... you are doing a good job of keeping up with this motley crew of folks reporting their weights for the Ready for Summer Challenge. How does it feel to be the caretaker of the challenge? Do you use a smartphone for your internet work?
  • sand86802
    Options
    @Nikion901 I just use a good old pen and paper. I got a small notebook and everybody has its page and I write people's entry down. Its a bit of work but it's fun.

@pneschich Thank goodness your wife is okay. I remeber having to go to the ER a couple times becaise of asthma-like bronchitis and it was very scary. I am glad everything worked out well though. Take good care of her (though I have no doubt you dont need me to tell you ;-) )
  • JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    Name: Jeanie
    Height: 5'2"

Start Weight (starting later): 250.4 lbs
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 240 lbs

Weigh in week of:
    (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    1. April 26 - out of town; couldn't weigh
    2. May 3 - 250.4 lbs
    3. May 10 - don't remember.. I'm not doing too good this month.
    4. May 17 -
    5. May 24 -
    6. May 31 -
    7. June 7 -
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1 -
  • cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Monday checkin

I am feeling better today...and am back on track. I had a lot of water gain this week, due to time of month and stress eating (too much salt). Gained everyday since friday and am up 5 lbs :o

But hopefully it will turn around before i do weighin.

My step counts were as strong as always over the weekend as i walk the chicken barns but i tried to do a little extra after that and take the dogs on a good walk too. Normally they get a bit neglected on weekends.

I love how @gullagr pushed herself from 5k to 9k. So i am going to work up to jogging 1k without stopping to walk. I can do about 0.5k at the most now. So im gonna give it a shot this week :p it may be challenging though...might have to leave the dogs in the car as they are always making me stop :D
  • JuneBabyJeannine
    JuneBabyJeannine Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am new here.
    Name: Jeannine
    SW: Nov 29, 2016 - 259
    Have been doing WE, want to try MFP again.
    CW- 227
    GW - 150
  • FourLynne62
    FourLynne62 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Tuesday - Goals (do you have any Goals you want to update us?)

So, I want to get back to basics. I want to make sure I track today, have improved water intake (no soda) and exercise 30 minutes today.
  • sand86802
    Options
    Tuesday goals: I want to be able to stop eating between meals. I have such a hard time controllig myself lately. A bite of food here and there doesnt show on my diary but it shows on the scale. Despite 3 meals and snacking, I still feel hungry too. I try to consume a lot of protein but it depends on what is at work.

Anyway, the leftover pizza from this weekend is gone so I have no excuse to start anew. And with 2 weeks off coming up, I am setting a goal of at least 1h walking everyday.
  • jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to join @FourLynne62 in my goal this week too. Back to basics: log, log, log, water and steps. Was very successful with that yesterday (feel better too) and hopefully I can break even with last week's weigh in and not show a gain.
  • dmorrical
    dmorrical Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    sand86802 wrote: »
    Tuesday goals: I want to be able to stop eating between meals. I have such a hard time controllig myself lately. A bite of food here and there doesnt show on my diary but it shows on the scale. Despite 3 meals and snacking, I still feel hungry too. I try to consume a lot of protein but it depends on what is at work.

Anyway, the leftover pizza from this weekend is gone so I have no excuse to start anew. And with 2 weeks off coming up, I am setting a goal of at least 1h walking everyday.

Have you tried having 5 to 6 smaller meals instead of just three big ones?
  • sand86802
    edited May 2017
    Options
    dmorrical wrote: »
    sand86802 wrote: »

Have you tried having 5 to 6 smaller meals instead of just three big ones?

Thing is I cant eat whenever I want. Being at work for 14h I usually have breakfast around 8am, some kind of snack around 11.30, lunch around 1.30 and then the rest of the afternoon is pretty busy so if I am hungry I just grab whatever I can. Then I have dinner when I get home at 8.30.

Thing is when I start snacking it is not uncommon for it to get out of control and the things most available here are cookies and cakes.
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,888 Member
    Options
    I did very well all day all the way thru dinner, then the chocolate monster came out and I forgot about everything! Why!? How can I keep my monster locked up and under control?
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Tuesday Goals ... besides my daily striving to stay at or below calorie allowance, not eating past supper, drinking at least 64 ounces of clear water (lemon in it is OK), ... I have to finish the kitchen today. The floor and cupboard faces need a good cleaning and the window air conditioner needs to be installed for the summer ... that means window washing as well. Plus, I need to shop today for groceries and get gas ... so that means the grass needs to get it's cut and the fridge it's scrub down. Hmm .. that's about 1000% more than I normally get done in one day! But .. here goes!