Things people do that annoys you in the gym.

Options

Replies

• Royal1954
    Royal1954 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Crowded mens locker room and the TV is too loud so this naked guy stands up on the bench reaches for the TV and settles into a Captain Morgan. Oiysh.
  • tsortsor
    tsortsor Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Lol

I don't shower at gym so I don't care about the room
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Options
    kaizaku wrote: »
    DasItMan91 wrote: »
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I actually went to a different gym this Saturday morning

I know too many people at my usual gym and they like to chat.

If ten different people want to talk for 3 minutes each.... that's like, let's see.. too darn long (math is hard!)

This is why I try to avoid making friends. I like to keep the interaction to a minimum. B)

Luckily I don't have friends at the gym. Usually a loner. :smiley:

I have friends at the gym, I used to just go in and just workout and not talk to anyone but over time I met some cool people. I do chat but I try to keep it to a minimum and between my sets. I don't have long, drawn out conversations with people at the gym and plus having friends as a spotter or who record you working out is a good thing.

Seems like a nice gym. My place you won't find many nice talkative people.

I went to another gym today (XSports) and the people were nice enough to record me doing exercises for Instagram and some people said hi to me and talked to me for a while. While I go to another gym close by to me and everyone keeps to themselves. Some people are just super focused on their workout but I'm willing to talk to people but only between sets.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I actually went to a different gym this Saturday morning

I know too many people at my usual gym and they like to chat.

If ten different people want to talk for 3 minutes each.... that's like, let's see.. too darn long (math is hard!)

This is why I try to avoid making friends. I like to keep the interaction to a minimum. B)

Luckily I don't have friends at the gym. Usually a loner. :smiley:

I have friends at the gym, I used to just go in and just workout and not talk to anyone but over time I met some cool people. I do chat but I try to keep it to a minimum and between my sets. I don't have long, drawn out conversations with people at the gym and plus having friends as a spotter or who record you working out is a good thing.

Seems like a nice gym. My place you won't find many nice talkative people.

I went to another gym today (XSports) and the people were nice enough to record me doing exercises for Instagram and some people said hi to me and talked to me for a while. While I go to another gym close by to me and everyone keeps to themselves. Some people are just super focused on their workout but I'm willing to talk to people but only between sets.

Really? I seen people for a long time yet you won't find one to look at you and nod, say Hi or Wats up. Nothing. It's probably for the best.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    Royal1954 wrote: »
    The two dreamy love birds in the gym that are working out together. They walk to the next machine 10 feet away with their arms locked around each others waist.

While I would love to find a swolemate, I will absolutely not be acting like that in the gym! That's hilarious and vomit inducing at the same time.

I gave my husband a high-five at the gym the other day. And then he winked at me!!! Too much PDA? ;)
  • strawberrysnap
    strawberrysnap Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    When people wait at the machine you are on because they want you to finish, so much pressure and annoying if I'm only been on it for like 2 minutes
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Royal1954 wrote: »
    The two dreamy love birds in the gym that are working out together. They walk to the next machine 10 feet away with their arms locked around each others waist.

That's not so bad.

I have key card access to a gym, along with a lot of other folks, and like to work out off hours. it's about 6AM on a Saturday and it's me and 3 other regulars. Couple comes in and starts out on the cardio equipment, then comes over to the free weight/stretching space. Starts off with her sitting on his feet holding him down for pushups and progresses to foreplay and grinding... I confess I was so shocked I couldn't say anything or object... fortunately I was nearly done.
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    People that fart on the treadmill then leave.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    tjkita wrote: »
    People that fart on the treadmill then leave.

Crop dusting!!
  • kaizaku
    edited May 2017
    Options
    When people wait at the machine you are on because they want you to finish, so much pressure and annoying if I'm only been on it for like 2 minutes

Happens to me too. Novices only know one machine. A person who knows how to train will never idle around. Always have an alternative exercise. Like myself :lol:
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    CatchMom13 wrote: »
    Gimsteinn wrote: »
    Why is it annoying if you're asked how many sets you have left? I kept getting asked all the time when I went to a regular gym and I asked as well. If the person was just getting started I'd go do something else but if they had like 2 sets of 5 I'd wait close by doing some body weight exercises wile waiting

It's annoying because I've got my ear buds in and I'm not taking them out to answer a question that doesn't need to be asked to begin with. If they see that I just started using it, wait. If they see me using it period, wait. Find something else to use while they're waiting. If it's any type of machine that has someone doing reps, then obviously I'm not going to be on it for very long. I'm not trying to be mean but, why feel the need to interrupt someone's rhythm with a question that doesn't need to be asked?

If it's cardio equipment, then I definitely not stopping to answer. IMO, it's Gym Etiquette 101 - if someone is using a piece of equipment, don't interrupt, just find something else to do while you're waiting. If it's a hot commodity, then perhaps ask them if they'd mind giving you a head's up when they're finished.

I don't think "Gym Etiquette" means what you think it means.

I typically do 4-5 sets of 8-10 reps, heavy weights (to me). I may be on a single machine or bench for 10-15 minutes... if someone want's to work in, I'm totally fine with that. If someone doesn't want to work in but wants to know how long I have left, I'm fine with that too.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    CatchMom13 wrote: »
    Gimsteinn wrote: »
    Why is it annoying if you're asked how many sets you have left? I kept getting asked all the time when I went to a regular gym and I asked as well. If the person was just getting started I'd go do something else but if they had like 2 sets of 5 I'd wait close by doing some body weight exercises wile waiting

It's annoying because I've got my ear buds in and I'm not taking them out to answer a question that doesn't need to be asked to begin with. If they see that I just started using it, wait. If they see me using it period, wait. Find something else to use while they're waiting. If it's any type of machine that has someone doing reps, then obviously I'm not going to be on it for very long. I'm not trying to be mean but, why feel the need to interrupt someone's rhythm with a question that doesn't need to be asked?

If it's cardio equipment, then I definitely not stopping to answer. IMO, it's Gym Etiquette 101 - if someone is using a piece of equipment, don't interrupt, just find something else to do while you're waiting. If it's a hot commodity, then perhaps ask them if they'd mind giving you a head's up when they're finished.

I typically do 4-5 sets of 8-10 reps, heavy weights (to me). I may be on a single machine or bench for 10-15 minutes... if someone want's to work in, I'm totally fine with that. If someone doesn't want to work in but wants to know how long I have left, I'm fine with that too.

pretty much this

I almost never have a problem with someone asking to work-in.

Don't talk to me in the middle of a set, but otherwise it's perfectly fine.
  • jenilla1
    Options
    people that smell like a wet dog coz they have the same dri fit outfit on for the last 3 days

Is that what I'm smelling? :s
  • kaizaku
    Options
    people that smell like a wet dog coz they have the same dri fit outfit on for the last 3 days

thats what i think those dri fit stinks

Luckily I don't wear dri fit shorts.
  • jenilla1
    Options

I think they're OK if you wash them. I have some dri fit stuff and I don't stink when I wear it (at least I don't think I do.) But I don't wear the same funky gym clothes all week, either... ;)
  • kaizaku
    Options

I think they're OK if you wash them. I have some dri fit stuff and I don't stink when I wear it (at least I don't think I do.) But I don't wear the same funky gym clothes all week, either... ;)

One should have different gymware.
  • katyjane49
    katyjane49 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't use the gym equipment but do go to classes and get annoyed with people who leave 5 or 10 minutes before the end of the class. Commit to the whole class. One week I was in an aqua class and one woman decided to leave but stopped to chat with her friend when I was boxing. I swore at her under my breath. Hopefully she heard me. Another one in aqua is the ones that put no effort in and stand there chatting the whole time. Firstly u can't hear the instructor and secondly if u only want a chat why not just go for a coffee. I think some of them think just turning up is enough to get fit
  • ellebear911
    ellebear911 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Shadow boxers in the sauna...heavy breathers in the sauna.. get out, please! Lol
  • Rosie_McA
    Rosie_McA Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    People who glare at me with a look of distain just because I don't fit their idea of a "proper" gym member.
  • SusieQ842
    SusieQ842 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    People who make the sound "uhhhhhh"