Team Yellow-SAHMU (closed group)

Options

Replies

• CoachMelissaDi
    CoachMelissaDi Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Well didnt do anything today 7/22. Baby was really sick and had to go to the doc with him and nurse him all day! Ugh! Wish I could have made the gym but, hey what can you do? I did workout monday and tuesday of this week at the same workout I always do so I am gonna count one of those days for today. (if I can) :) Had to cook for about an hour so I logged that as my cardio! Hope everyone had a better day than me! It will get better.
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Yeeps-- I didn't do anything major either, but did a ton of walking around the city we are visiting. Ate HORRIBLY, and am now feeling the side effects... ugh, my body is not happy!!! I'm counting this as my off day too.. especially as everyone else has gone out to a movie, and I'm here putting the kids to bed alone. Plan to curl up with my cross stitch and a tv movie!!
  • CoachMelissaDi
    Options
    Well didnt do anything today 7/22. Baby was really sick and had to go to the doc with him and nurse him all day! Ugh! Wish I could have made the gym but, hey what can you do? I did workout monday and tuesday of this week at the same workout I always do so I am gonna count one of those days for today. (if I can) :) Had to cook for about an hour so I logged that as my cardio! Hope everyone had a better day than me! It will get better.

Well I ended up doing 30 mins. of weedeating my yard so I guess that something!
  • CoachMelissaDi
    Options
    Been cooking all day but, dont do cardio on the weekends! Starting again monday! Have a blessed weekend girls!!!
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    Keep 'er moving!! It's a crazy day around here, but I'm going to try to sneak something in.. somehow!
  • CoachMelissaDi
    Options
    Keep 'er moving!! It's a crazy day around here, but I'm going to try to sneak something in.. somehow!

You get it girl!!!! You are doing awesome so far. Team yellow is gonna kick butt. :)
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    Godd momriring....errr... apparently, still a little groggy from lastnight. :yawn:

Got out for a great walk with Emma in the stroller last night-- 1 hour at 4.0 mph, mostly uphill and against the wind! Didn't get to do much cool down though-- as I was finishing, saw a NASTY storm rolling in mighty quick, and we got caught in the end of it! Luckily, we were only a few minutes from home when it started to come down, and Emma was still happy as a clam. Matthew ( my 6 year old) counted my squats for me, and then it was off to the showers. He's pretty interested in the process-- everytime I log in he wants to see my ticker " to see how much we can get the lady to move". Talk about watchdog!! Lol..
    Went out lastnight with hubs to a friend of his house-- nothing like spending an evening with a whole bunch of people you've never met! Had a great time though, and just took my water bottle! Even resisted the bowls of chips and whatnot on the table, and another's desire at 11:30 for "CAKE!!". They were all respectful of my desire to not have any, which certainly made things much easier. Of course, we didn't leave there until about 2:30... and for a girl who's lights are usually out by 11--yeep! Thank gooness for the grandparents..

Anyway... have a great one today!!
  • sisa2324
    sisa2324 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Looks like everyone is keeping on track! I was able to do my squats today, as well as spend about 5 hours unpacking and moving things, so I guess I got some cardio in. Hopefully tomorrow I will get a chance to try out my new elliptical. Baby and husband just fell asleep so I'm thinking I might do a little yoga and take a bath in my jetted tub...very exciting since it's the first use!
    Does anyone have any tips for reminding themselves to drink water?? I find that most days I don't drink enough. In fact it is completely possible for me to drink nothing all day...any ideas?
    Two more days to finish our goals! Keep up the good work everyone!
  • CoachMelissaDi
    Options
    Looks like everyone is keeping on track! I was able to do my squats today, as well as spend about 5 hours unpacking and moving things, so I guess I got some cardio in. Hopefully tomorrow I will get a chance to try out my new elliptical. Baby and husband just fell asleep so I'm thinking I might do a little yoga and take a bath in my jetted tub...very exciting since it's the first use!
    Does anyone have any tips for reminding themselves to drink water?? I find that most days I don't drink enough. In fact it is completely possible for me to drink nothing all day...any ideas?
    Two more days to finish our goals! Keep up the good work everyone!

Well with the water thing, I just keep my brita pitcher out on the kitchen counter so I will be able to see it and remember to drink. You just have to make a mental note of it.
  • CoachMelissaDi
    Options
    Starting MFP = 211
    Starting SAHMU= 205.3
    Week 1 Weight=
    Goal Weight= 164

Week 1
    Exercise Challenge(7/20-7/27):
    Cardio: Get out those strollers Ladies!! (if your kids are to big for a stroller, have them come along if they can keep up).
    Walk 2.5- 3.0mph 4 times this week for 45 min. ***I do the elliptical at the gym (my mom watches my kids) and I pumped up to 10 resistance at 40 mins. 5 times a week. And I strength train so really its like 2 hours at the gym.
    7/20 cardio workout= done!
    7/21 cardio workout=done!
    7/22 cardio workout= done!
    7/25 cardio workout= done!
    Strength: 25 Squats a day 5 days this week= 7/20 done! 7/21 done! 7/22 done! 7/25 done!

Food Challenge(7/20-7/27):
    Kitchens closes at 9:30pm! = done! I dont eat after 5pm

Emotional Challenge(7/20-7/27):
    Post 1 reason you believe you have carried this extra weight around
    ***Well I definetly know why I have. I gained 80lbs. with my last son and he is 9 months and I am working it off!! I have enjoyed my journey so far and look forward to the day when I get that personal trainers certificate!!
  • thefishers4
    thefishers4 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Wednesdays"

Starting MFP 218lbs
    Starting SAHMU: 184.4lbs
    Week 1 Weight
    Goal Weight over all is 130lbs

Week 1
    Cardio:
    Walk 2.5- 3.0mph 4 times this week for 45 min. ( I notice alot of you are doing workout videos and if you would rather do those that is okay, just make sure it is 4 times this week to count your point)
    7-20: Not done yet!!
    7-21: Done
    7-22:Done
    7-24: Done
    7-25: Done
    7-26: Done

Strength: 25 Squats a day 5 days this week
    7-20: Done!!!
    7-21: Done
    7-22: Done
    7-24: Done
    7-26: Done

Kitchens closes at 9:30pm! No problem my kitchen for me closes at 8:30pm!!!!

Post 1 reason you believe you have carried this extra weight around.

I feel like I have carried this weight around for 5 years now because I felt like I wasn't important enough. When you have a miscarriage and then you have two kids they are the loves of your life you kind of forget about yourself and put them first and they father. I figured there wasn't anytime for just Cindy and now I know that, that isn't true. (That felt so good to get off of my chest)!!!!!
  • CoachMelissaDi
    Options
    Starting MFP = 211
    Starting SAHMU= 205.3
    Week 1 Weight= 204.6
    Goal Weight= 164

Week 1
    Cardio: Get out those strollers Ladies!! (if your kids are to big for a stroller, have them come along if they can keep up).
    Walk 2.5- 3.0mph 4 times this week for 45 min. ***I do the elliptical at the gym (my mom watches my kids) and I pumped up to 10 resistance at 40 mins. 5 times a week. And I strength train so really its like 2 hours at the gym.
    7/20 cardio workout= done!
    7/21 cardio workout=done!
    7/22 cardio workout= done!
    7/25 cardio workout= done!
    7/26 cardio workout= done!
    Strength: 25 Squats a day 5 days this week= 7/20 done! 7/21 done! 7/22 done! 7/25 done! 7/26 done!

Kitchens closes at 9:30pm! = done! I dont eat after 5pm

Post 1 reason you believe you have carried this extra weight around
    ***Well I definetly know why I have. I gained 80lbs. with my last son and he is 9 months and I am working it off!! I have enjoyed my journey so far and look forward to the day when I get that personal trainers certificate!!
  • thefishers4
    thefishers4 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    How many goals met? = ALL :)
    -weight lost this week = 1 lb :)
  • CoachMelissaDi
    Options
    How many goals met? = all of them
    -weight lost this week = 1 lb.
  • CoachMelissaDi
    Options
    Hi ladies!
    Here is our Week 2 Challenge
    *I want to give a special thank you to losinit-4-good(Team Green) and tigertown11(Team Orange) for helping me with this weeks challenges.

Exercise Challenge(7/27-8/3):

Cardio: Lets keep it at 4 days this week ladies. Add Jumping Jacks 10 sets of 10 a day x4 days( you can easily do these in between commercials on T.V. or while cooking or all at once)

Strength: Push-ups 5 sets of 5 per day x 4days. And there are so many variations (full, from the knee, standing, desk, etc)

Food Challenge(7/27-8/3):

Recipe challenge- for this challenge we will each submit a Dinner recipe to our team thread, you will receive 1 point for this, take a vote on your team and then submit the best Dinner recipe to our main thread, we will then all vote for the best recipe on the main thread and the team with the most votes will receive 1 extra point for this challenge. (the catch is you cannot vote for your own team). Remember to include the nutritional content in your receipe.

Emotional Challenge(7/27-8/3):
    How do you handle the struggles of being the weight you are in your family?

Sleep Challenge:(7/27-8/3):
    Get atleast 7.5 hrs of sleep per night x 4 nights

“It’s not so much that if you sleep, you will lose weight, but if you are sleep-deprived, meaning that you are not getting enough minutes of sleep or good quality sleep, your metabolism will not function properly,” explains Michael Breus, PhD, author of Beauty Sleepand the clinical director of the sleep division for Arrowhead Health in Glendale, Ariz.

Tip of the week:
    Cayenne Pepper
    In the past five years cayenne pepper has been used in fat burners. Why you ask? Well, cayenne has thermagenic (heats up your body) properties. When your body has to cool itself down it requires calories to do so. Thus, creating a fire for your metabolism.

*Each Team member will recieve one point for each challenge they meet this week and your team will earn a bonus point if everyone completes there challenges.
    *A Point will also be awarded to the team with the highest weightloss for the week.

Post your victories daily and please remember to add up your points for next wednesday.
    Edited by NewLife_11 on Tue 07/26/11 12:21 AM
  • CoachMelissaDi
    Options
    **Here's my recipe for the food challenge**

Greek Chicken Pasta

Ingredients:
    1 pound uncooked pasta
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    2 cloves garlic, crushed
    1/2 cup chopped red onion
    1 pound skinless, boneless chicken
    breast meat - cut into bite-size pieces
    1 (14 ounce) can marinated artichoke
    hearts, drained and chopped

1 large tomato, chopped
    1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
    3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    2 teaspoons dried oregano
    salt and pepper to taste
    2 lemons, wedged, for garnish
    Directions:
    1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
    2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion, and saute for 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 5 to 6 minutes.
    3. Reduce heat to medium-low, and add the artichoke hearts, tomato, feta cheese, parsley, lemon juice, oregano and cooked pasta. Stir until heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat, season to taste with salt and pepper, and garnish with lemon wedges.
    Nutrition
    Information
    Servings Per Recipe: 6
    Calories: 438

Amount Per Serving

Total Fat: 11.4g
    Cholesterol: 110mg
    Sodium: 460mg

Amount Per Serving

Total Carbs: 57g
    Dietary Fiber: 8g
    Protein: 31.2g
  • sisa2324
    sisa2324 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Emotional challenge-I've carried around this extra weight since giving birth due to not being able to prioritize. I don't usually enjoy working out, but I like how I feel after. It seems that we weeks keep passing by and I am still needing to lose the same amount of weight. I've always had a hard time seeing the value I'm something if I am not seeing results. I guess I need to concentrate on how eating well and exercising makes me feel, rather than the results that I am seeing(or not seeing)

Goals met-all
    Lbs lost-0
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    Aack! Ok, just got in after a horrific day of sitting on an airplane... so, before I post my results, I need to do clear up one last thing--

Emotional Challenge: After thinking about it all week, I think a big part of my weight issues come from not having the confidence to make myself a priority and actually take care of my body. I've been on the larger side as long as I can remember, and If something was bothering me as a kid, I would eat bread and peanut butter. Mmmmm, carbs. As an adult, I did lose the weight before I got pregnant, but then gained it all back and since then have always been " too busy" taking care of my kids to remember that being a healthy mommy means more to them than a lot more of the things I do. It's a big change to come around to!!

Ok,-- there.
    Cardio challenge-- done all week!
    Squats-- yup!
    Kitchen closed on time? Umm... well... there was this one night.. sorry!!!

Weigh in-- Uh.. I thought this was actually for tomorrow being "weigh in wednesday". Plus, my day has been a little Bonkers. Can I get this to you tomorrow morning? That said, after today, who knows what it's gonna read tomorrow...
  • SCPSL05
    SCPSL05 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I met all goals except the squats. I didn't lose any weight this week! Ohh well- I turbofired my butt off!
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    My weight is actually UP this week. Sigh. But, I'm guessing that has a lot to do with my insane day yesterday, plus TOM starting this am. Next week's weigh in will ROCK!! LOL...