• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    "Salt, Sugar, Fat" by Michael Moss is a great book to read for anyone having trouble with binging and weight loss.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! The company that sent the replacement tea towels have sent the SAME wrong ones AGAIN! So now I have 6 tea towels and only 2 are ones I ordered. I have emailed them again and may get another 3! 9 for the price of 3!!! :o:D How can people misread things so badly?

Carol - Oouuufff! That is some price for a few injections! :sad:

Had a good shopping trip. Bought local strawberries (eaten :D ) and three bunches of local asparagus (to be cooked tomorrow with sea bass and some to have cold for the next day for lunch) I am bursting with good veg. All very reasonably priced.

My elder son who is unemployed, and suffers often from severe anxiety and depression, has just failed a second interview for a job he was very hopeful for. He has another interview next week. He has had his iphone cut off. He''s on a temporary phone. I did pay a few months ago for his Internet to be reconnected. Can't help but worry. :'( He is writing some articles for Airsoft magazines, but that's pocket money. His two rescued greyhounds are keeping him going.
    Wish I could wave a magic wand for him. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,335 Member
    Options
    Did an hour on the bosu today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a workout on the step. Then we have a Newcomer general meeting.

A guy who used to work for Vince is coming here later today. He's coming from PA to FL so he'll stop here. Right now I'm making him butterscotch spice cookies since I know the butterscotch chips won't melt in the FL sun. I also made an apple pie. Not from scratch -- Mrs. Smith's. Usually I don't do this, but I got it at such a good price and I really would like the room in my freezer.

katla - I'm glad you can type better

Alison - good girl! Like someone said "a tiger can't change his stripes"

Remember how we were talking about preferring our food to prepackaged? Well, because it was on a really good sale, I got one of the Mrs. Smith Apple Pies for Vince. I baked it this morning and decided I'd try some. Really, I didn't think it was all that great. I would much have preferred to have had one that I made. Talk about how our tastebuds change!

Jess just told me that her surgery is scheduled for the 12th. It seems to make the most sense for me to go from her place to my cousin in VA's place. This is going to be a real true test diet-wise. I'll be gone for something like 20 days. Usually, when we go away it's for a week or so and I many times take my own food so I can control it. But I don't think I'll be able to this time. Any hints?

dana - we have a pergola over the equipment pad for the pool. How can I explain it? There are wooden boards on the front (like you see on the top only this one is not only on the top but also in front so you don't see the equipment). Hung up on there I have a butterfly, angelfish, starfish, seaturtle and now I'll have the dragonfly there. Dave was one real cruel guy. So glad you got rid of him!

Becca - happy birthday

Meg - we could never forget you. Come in when you can

Leigh - I didn't realize that most homes in France don't have a/c. I know most in Switzerland don't. But I didn't realize that most in France don't.

Well, Vince's friend should be here soon so I'll post this now.

Michele in NC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    Barbie I read that book too. I thought it made a good case for trying to limit processed foods. The author of the Obesity Code also mentioned that book. Eating on the Wild Side also makes the argument how much of our food supply is manipulated to our taste rather than our health. I do believe knowledge is power. Learning more about food and how it comes to me helps me make better choices for my health.

Ginger the fiber helps to mitigate the insulin reaction that is why he is recommending the extra fiber. In the Obesity Code he recommended vinegar for the same reason. I know oil and vinegar would be better for me on my salads.

Mary were you the one who talked about adding apple cider vinegar to my ginger drink to help with inflammation.

:heart: Margaret
  • spiritbear555
    spiritbear555 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Becca Forgot- Annabelle is a cutie! B.L. Weez'
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    Options
    Margaret- not that I remember. I do use apple cider vinegar for gut health and to keep sugar spikes low.

Katla - thanks! DGS's Baseball games, Road trip baseball tournament and exercise are going to keep me really busy but i'll be checking here as much as possible during the downtime.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Lanette Awesome job at the gym!
    Ginger Thank you for sharing your story <3
    NYKaren I had a tough day too so thanks for the quote. Hope tomorrow is better for you :)
    Beth So sorry to hear about your husband
    Barbiecat I'm going to get that book. That has me written all over it! Except the binging.

So today was good until 3 when I got a stressful text at work but when I think about it, no one died, the world isn't crumbling; I made it bigger. So now I am going to chill and enjoy my evening! Barbiecat's quote the 90 - 10% rule was perfect timing!

Did Leslie S this morning. Had my favorite salad for lunch:
    • Pineapple
    • Cucumber
    • Slivered almonds
    • Dried cranberries
    • Fresh cherries
    • Pumpkin seeds
    • Feta

Sweet potato veggie burgers and coleslaw for supper.

<3 Sarah.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,523 Member
    Options
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓⚓
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,523 Member
    Options
    STATS for the day:

**wahoo hrm not recording right, still!**
    hip getting better :0)

bike ride hm 2 gym- 10.17min. 17mph, 148mhr, 2.9mi = 113c
    apple watch- 98c
    ROWING MACHINE- 30min, 52aw, 4793meters-2.98mi. = 30c i doubt it
    apple watch- 228c
    Plyometrics exercises- 14.23min, 2ets of 10each, burpees, squats, running stationary lunges, single leg toe touches, ceiling to fl single leg touches, push-ups, hamstring leglifts, crunches, sit-ups, reverse bicycles, leg lifts, = 19c uhhh no.
    apple watch- 105c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.53min, 14.3amph, 135mhr, 1.4mi = 60c
    apple watch- 39c
    jog station 2 wk- 4.47min, 184mhr, 9.35min mi., .5mi = 79c
    apple watch- 49c
    jog wk 2 sta- 5MIN, 9.45min mi, 180mhr, .5mi WINDY!!= 81c
    apple watch- 59c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 19.40min, 8amph, 148mhr, 2.6mi, WINDY!!! = 193c
    apple watch- 154c

total cal 818
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    Options
    Dana- I'm glad that you are feeling better!