WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2017

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    Becca- Happy Birthday! I hope you have a fantastic day celebrating!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Hugs Mary! Thanks!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Becca!! :D

Lanette
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Becca!! :D

Janetr OKC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,213 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Becca - A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! B)<3

Sue - Great achievement! <3

My day improved as I managed 600 words on my memoir. I was writing about my Maths traumas. :o Feel lighter for writing it all down.

The tv is still full of very, very sad images of grieving families. So many people missing. Grief is turning to anger at how it could have happened.

My chemo friend wants the two purple tea towels that don't go with my decor, so I can take them up tomorrow. :D I have met most of her friends a couple of times at least, at her parties, so it should be a fun picnic. She is someone with a lot of close friends. Her autobiography is available on Amazon and Kindle, Loose Connections. A very good read. Her name is Maleika Rose Stanley. She writes children's books. I call her Roz. She is mixed race and was a foster child in a kind of children's home. She found her mother as an adult.

Going to watch Endeavour tonight. There is very little on the main channels in the summer, so the best choice is repeats.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx who is now 41%fluent in German.

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies~ the internet is slow as molasses... Taliah is here with me, and I will be watching Faith this weekend.. so after work tomorrow I will go up for the weekend...
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Becca and Happy Anniversary Sue! :)

We had a terrible thunderstorm last night. Lightning hit a tall pine and it exploded all over the yard. Will have to have it inspected to see if it needs removal. As a result, our computer modem went out and I had to go to Comcast to get another one. Had a time hooking up the new one and getting the house phone cable added.

Carol in GA
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am on during the day today!!!!

Lisa, does your new kitten start purring the moment you touch it? I can just reach down to pick him up and he is purring from the. Omens my fingers touch him. He is a cuddler. But in the 3 weeks we have had him, he has grown so much.,

I got my estimate from landscaper. These are the plants he is proposing putting in. I know. Toning about them except the azalea and the one he wants looms longer. Otto luyken laurel, encore azaleas, moonbeam coreopsis, gold mound spirea and veriagated liriopa. I hope I hav all those spelled right.

Stormed here last night also but I don't think there was any local damage, some in other counties. We just got some much needed rain. This was the first time Mr Mozart heard thunder with us as her owners so I didn't know how he would handle it but he was fine.

Joyce, Indiana
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,213 Member
    Options
    Carol - what a pain! We had that happen last year. Knocked out the contact breaker and fried the modem. The strike was some way away. The first replacement they sent didn't work. :sad:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • janetr7476
    edited June 2017
    Options
    My sister just older than me, 68, had a heart attack last night. She has permanent damage to the bottom right side of her heart. One artery was totally blocked and the doctor thinks it had been for some time. She had been complaining of heartburn or not feeling well since March. She has not seen a doctor in years and I mean literally years. She is in ICU as they cannot get her heartbeat regulated. The weird part of this to me is out of six sisters she is the only one that has never been overweight in her life. Go figure. Prayers and good thoughts appreciated.

Janetr OKC
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Janet OKC ~ Good thoughts and prayers for your sister.
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Thanks Carol, I appreciate it so much. I hate that I'm so far away. She is in the Denver area.

Janetr OKC
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    My prayers for you and your sister Janet.

Chris in MA
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Janetr ... sorry to hear about your sister. Will keep her in my prayers.

Lanette ... the gym was empty!

I plan to be back at the gym tomorrow. Even though my knees were bothering me, I went and did the rehab exercises that were recommended to me in the past and my knees felt pretty good last night.

Now here's the thing. I went into the "women's" part of the gym. I NEVER go in there because I am intimidated by most of the women, but yesterday there was no one there. I usually feel more at ease in the regular gym where there are women and men. Isn't that stupid. Like Cheri's, this gym really is nonjudgmental and a lot of the people are just like me. But there's something about that women's only group that gets to me ...

Beth near Buffalo
  • mikesmom1983
    Options
    Happy Birthday Becca! May you have many, many healthy and happy years to come!

Chris in MA
  • mikesmom1983
    Options
    Good evening Ladies!

Quick check in. Life has been challenging as per usual and I am preserving and not allowing it to send me to the cupboards or refrigerator. Managed to lose a bit this month and at a new all time low. My weight management is one thing I have control over in my life and gives me great personal satisfaction.

Sail Boston is the tall ship event beginning tomorrow until next Thursday. I am going with a friend on Saturday to see the "Parade of Sails" when all the ships sail into Boston Harbor. Weather is not supposed to be too good, a bit rainy but hopefully better than the last time when it was so damp and foggy we couldn't see the ships. Due to the recent terror attacks around the world, this event has been given the highest level of security, on par with the Super Bowl. This saddens me greatly.

Off to see my friends, bringing flavored water so I won't be tempted by wine.

Love and hugs to everyone.

Chris in MA
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    BECCA! HaPpY BiRtHdAy!
    I hope you have the most wonderful day!!

a813gp99opai.jpg