Options
    June Accountability
    Progress - Wednesday , June 14th

✔1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B1, L22, D15, BBS23 = 61g)
    ✔2. Fiber 30g (34g)
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    ✔4. Vegetables - big salad daily
    ✔5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes (47m)
    ✔6. No eating after 9pm.
    7. In bed by 12am
    ✔8. Zone work - 15 minutes daily

I didn't sleep a wink last night. I don't know why. Perhaps I was just too hyped up. Then I slept the day away. I'm shutting everything down tonight by 10:30pm and I'll read a paperback book until I feel sleepy tonight.

Determined to stay on track.
    Onward.
    -- Ginger in Texas
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, Becca!

Janet, thinking about you. Our family is widespread, too, with Corey's dad in Alaska, our son in Montana, daughter soon to be in North Carolina. My brothers and sister are on the other side of Texas, and Corey's are spread from California to Minnesota to Alaska.

Lisa
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Becca!!
    Just off a 12 hour shift and dead on my feet. Good night ladies.

<3 Sarah
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    happy birthday Becca! Many happy returns

Janet strength to your sister and my thoughts are with you

Just awoke from a nap(!) hope I can sleep tonite. What a long week it has been.

NYKAREN
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. I am not coping well at the moment, so excuse my absence. But I do think of you all daily and hope all is well.

Dana I am in love with your Dolly. I wish you lived down the street so I could come and pet her! and of course, visit you! Keep posting those pics, she warms my heart.

Take care and watch the weather! Meg is sultry Omaha
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Meg big (((hugs))). Know that we care and are sending uplifting thoughts your way.

Janetr okc
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    Janet - so sorry to hear about your sister. Prayers going out for her recovery and for your family. Is there any family close to Denver for her? DH/kids?

Dana - what cute pictures of Dolly.. I can see why you fell in love with her. She did look like a little beagle. So glad she's working out and is a cherished member of the family!

Felicia - Mt. Rainier is always spectacular. Glad you were able to get such a good photo of it...often the weather doesn't cooperate. Every time I've flown back east out of Portland or Seattle, the pilots always made sure the passengers got a bird's eye view if possible.

Joyce
    - that landscaping plan sounds great. There are some really neat shrubs on that list!

Ok ladies.... Mountain Men and Alone...new episodes tonight!

Lanette
    Soggy SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    r7mabtu8bjng.jpg
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Heather – That London fire reminds me of the 9-11 Twin Towers fires;; other than the London fire was a ‘terrorist attack’ by a builder using cheap-@$$ building materials and NOT putting any sprinkler systems or fire alarms. So sad, that people were dropping young children and babies out windows … and they won’t have any parents because of someone wanting a ‘big’ bottom line. I wonder how that makes them feel – that they have ‘blood on their hands’.

You and I are a lot alike when it comes to friends. I have few very close, intimate friends; some I don’t see often, or often enough. Just found out one has lung cancer which has spread to one lymph gland; but, because of emphysema and COPD they say it would be inoperable because it might cause the lung to collapse and the other lung can’t sustain her. Another hot spot near her aortic blood line, another one that is inoperable because a slip of the knife is instant death. And so much more going on.

Lanette – I am one of those that would prefer to work in an office full of men than women and prefer to have a male boss, too.

Gee, when I find a ‘bra’ that fits, I buy several of them because if I don’t they will either discontinue it or the price will double by the time I go back to get some more. I am very picky about my bras. Thankfully, Victoria Secret has started having larger sizes in the stores. So I bought maybe 5 for what I could have bought 3 at Dillard’s.

They are very soft, too and don’t have a seam right across the nipple. Mine are way to tender to wear one that does.

If I am staying at home, I will wear the same thing several days in a row.

I think a lot of things changed with 9-11 insofar as security.

Oh yeah, out in the country with a lot of trees and tall grasses to protect turkeys and quail and baby deer, she needs her booster. Our previous dog got pop on her snoot by a timber rattler; we called the vet here in Dawson and the call went straight to a ‘human’’ answering service who told me they would call back within a hour. She would have been dead. We called our vet in Albany, and they have pagers. He told me that he’d be at the office by the time we got there. She had to spend a few nights there; but, the booster and the fact that she did not take a direct hit with both fangs saved her. I knew something had happened because I saw her sniffing the tall grass behind our house and then she jumped back. In a matter of a few seconds she was losing her balance and I saw the mark on her snoot and the graze across the nose. As a small dog, she might not have survived if it had taken a direct hit. Cracker is always out in the grass. Usually, she comes home with a lot of stickers.

Katla – It doesn’t protect them totally; but, it does a good job of their recovery. When Shorty got hit we had to drive 30 minutes to get to the vet. I’ve never used the ones here in Dawson. Like with my ‘human’ children, I want to talk to one of them in case of an emergency.

Carol – We have thunderstorms on the way here tonight. Should be a real ‘light show’. I just hope that none of our pins are hit; especially the one that is the biggest one and the one nearest our house. It doesn’t just rain a nice slow steady rain, it is a pouring rain.

Joyce – Tux is an outside cat; but, he is the most ‘loving’ cat I have ever had. The ladies at the vet are surprised at how he purrs when they come to get him. Then he puts his arms around their neck, holds on, and just goes limp. He then stretches out to about their knees.

Janet – Sorry about your sister; many prayers for her. I had a friend and she was the middle sister of 5 – both of her older sisters died from brain cancer. She is probably the most ‘hyper’ of all of them.

Becca – Happy Birthday – I think I wished you an early Happy Birthday.

Lenora
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Becca. I know you will enjoy your special day!!! I think you enjoy everyday. Good for you.
    Janet OKC- so sorry to hear about your sister. Sending prayers for your family and her medical team
    Meg-thinking of you and sending you positive energy.
    Thanks for the good wishes for our anniversary. I graduated college on Sunday and got married the next Sunday. We were high school sweethearts and still like each other!!
    Felicia -yes, they have good food in Austin, actually all over Texas. We were lucky enough to see Mt Rainer when we flew into Seattle.
    SueBDew in TX
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Seems like the hen wants to walk in the water and try to be cool.
    Cracker with her head on my Bible while trying to read.
    I thought the 'hand' flamingos were cute. I might try to print out these pictures and add them to my 'flamingo collection'.

It is about to storm here, so I am getting off the computer. Don't want it to get fried, even though it would be covered by insurance. Need to unplug it from the wall.

Lenora

OH, and I got a 'pressure cooker' the other day; does anybody have any good ideas on recipes or a cookbook? I guess the next time I go into town I will stop by BAM to check them out.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Janetr ... sorry to hear about your sister. Will keep her in my prayers.

Lanette ... the gym was empty!

I plan to be back at the gym tomorrow. Even though my knees were bothering me, I went and did the rehab exercises that were recommended to me in the past and my knees felt pretty good last night.

Now here's the thing. I went into the "women's" part of the gym. I NEVER go in there because I am intimidated by most of the women, but yesterday there was no one there. I usually feel more at ease in the regular gym where there are women and men. Isn't that stupid. Like Cheri's, this gym really is nonjudgmental and a lot of the people are just like me. But there's something about that women's only group that gets to me ...

Beth near Buffalo

Beth - so happy for you, the gym sounds perfect! I'm the same way.... if I'm with a buddy-my BFF- I don't mind working out in the "girls" section but when I'm alone I avoid it.

I've noticed my knee is starting to get better - the bursitis seems to be subsiding.... possibly due to the fact that I'm now exercising the muscles and ligaments around it? Whatever it is, I'm grateful since I couldn't put any weight on it for months.

Lanette
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

**wahoo hrm not recording right, still!**
    hip getting better -not 100% :0(

bike ride hm 2 gym- 11.33min. 15.2mph, 128mhr, 2.9mi = 93c
    apple watch- 86c
    Plyometrics exercises- 21.21min, 3ets of 10each, burpees, squats, running stationary lunges, single leg toe touches, ceiling to fl single leg touches, push-ups, hamstring leglifts, crunches, sit-ups, reverse bicycles, leg lifts, 135mhhr = 126c
    apple watch- 130c
    other- stretching- 8.34min = 21c
    apple watch- 39c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.58min, 12.1amph, 121mhr, 1.3mi = 59c
    apple watch- 49c
    bike ride from puyallup 2 sumn station- 16.16min, 11.2amph, 136mhr, 3mi=122c
    apple watch- 112c
    walk station 2 wk- 7.483min, 123mhr, 3.9ap, .5mi = 55c
    apple watch- 51c
    walk wk 2 sta- 7.30min, 4.1ap, .5mi= 56c
    apple watch- 50c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.31min, 8.5amph, 146mhr, 2.6mi = 172c
    Apple Watch- 147c

total stats = 708
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    :)Lanette, One of my goals when I wanted to lose weight was to be able to wear "cute" clothes. Instead I found that I had always had a "uniform". Now I wear the same things in smaller sizes. When I was working I wore jumpers (size XL) and turtlenecks. If I were still working, I'd wear the same thing in a smaller size. Now I wear jeans and shirts with pictures or words on them. In the summer I wear cotton short sleeve or long sleeve and in the winter I wear sweatshirts, all with long underwear because I'm always cold. I have jeans for working outdoors, others for dancing, and a very nice pair for going somewhere special but they are all the same brand---larger for winter when I wear long underwear. I have fewer clothes and no trouble deciding what to wear.

:)Kelly, the importance of the difference between "abstainers" and "moderators" is to know which one you are. As an abstainer, I don't feel deprived, I feel liberated by deciding to eliminate certain foods from what I eat. I know how to eat no cheesecake and I know how to eat an entire cheesecake but I don't know how to eat a small slice.

:) I filled in for the teacher of the intermediate line dance class today. It was slightly out of my comfort zone but I think I did well and the students were appreciative that I filled in so they didn't miss out on a class.

:) This afternoon I went to the title company to sign documents on behalf of my friend who is buying a new house. She is on vacation in Scotland and the closing had to be this week so she gave me power of attorney to act for her.

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Janetr: Hope your sister gets well soon. Any chance you'll come this way to visit her?

Becca: Happy birthday. Wish I could call and sing to you, but that would cause pain. :s:o:p

Stay well friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Lanette, thank you so much. Yes she has her husband, two married kids and six grandkids. We have two other sisters there and lots of nieces and nephews. Her husband has a very large family, most of them are in the Dener area also. I just would like to be able to hold her hand. :neutral:

Janetr okc

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

I’m back ! Thanks to all who asked about me, Rori and Heather for personally reaching out to me. All is fine, just super busy and got involved in huge project for my garden club – I ended up in way over my head and it took time to catch up on business and to finish up the project. Learned my lesson!

So I am behind on everyone’s life and I am only going to read the last two pages…. Thought of you all often and hope all are well!

Sharon – Breakfast was where I started – I found a combo that I liked ok, was quick, and held me 4ish hours…. I do 4 ounces of non-fat plain yogurt, 2 tablespoons of a granola mix I make from scratch, and 100 grams of fresh or fresh frozen fruit… because I can change up the fruit it doesn’t get too boring. And a cup of black coffee… Then about once a week I do “brunch” a cooked breakfast as a treat, eat it later and use breakfast and lunch calories for a bigger meal.

Allie – sounds like you are moving forward on taking care of you! Good job!

Heather ((((((((((((hugs))))))))) I love that your friend is honoring and thanking her friends with a picnic, good memories are so important at times like this.

Becca – happy belated birthday!!!

Janetr – sending good thoughts!!!

Meg – hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smiles

Kim from N. California