What terms/phrases wind you up about losing weight?

Options

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,991 Member
    Options
    It's not so much on here (although, yes, sometimes by commenters on success threads) but mostly on weight loss success stories throughout the internet, when the headline will say someone 'now looks like a completely different person.' I just looked at one where the woman lost 100+ lbs., which is freakin' awesome of course, but clearly looks like the same person. Same facial structure, same eyes, forehead, hair, even smile...no, she does not look like a completely different person. She looks like the same person, albeit 100+ lbs. lighter and happier. Quit with the false statements just to get people to click on a link. Grrr. And "Grrr" to me for clicking on the dang link. Will I ever learn? (Probably not.)

Ah yes.

Or even worse - Clickbait: I did such and such miraculous weight loss thing and now even my friends dont recognise me!

Hey, I actually want my friends to recognise me - seems absurd to want otherwise. :o

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    It's not so much on here (although, yes, sometimes by commenters on success threads) but mostly on weight loss success stories throughout the internet, when the headline will say someone 'now looks like a completely different person.' I just looked at one where the woman lost 100+ lbs., which is freakin' awesome of course, but clearly looks like the same person. Same facial structure, same eyes, forehead, hair, even smile...no, she does not look like a completely different person. She looks like the same person, albeit 100+ lbs. lighter and happier. Quit with the false statements just to get people to click on a link. Grrr. And "Grrr" to me for clicking on the dang link. Will I ever learn? (Probably not.)

Ah yes.

Or even worse - Clickbait: I did such and such miraculous weight loss thing and now even my friends dont recognise me!

Hey, I actually want my friends to recognise me - seems absurd to want otherwise. :o

Best that your enemies don't recognize you. If your friends don't recognize you, I suspect they are pretty crappy friends.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    "guilty". this one bugs me because yeah. i'm a word nerd, and 'guilty' implies i feel accountable to someone or something. which when it comes to food i do not.

and here's one i hate: 'makes me'. as in, 'my trainer makes me'. along with 'my trainer's a sadist' and all that whole bunch. it's coy and passive-aggressive, is why i hate it. it makes me want to say 'you're a grown-*kitten* adult. you're not being made to do anything. knock this cutesy *kitten* off.'
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Mooma29 wrote: »
    Pooch. Used to describe belly overhang from having children via cs or otherwise. I don't know about elsewhere and I know this site is pretty global but In the U.K. A pooch is a dog. I assume they actually mean pouch as in where marsupials keep their offspring. I don't know why I'm not usually a spelling stickler but pooch really really gets to me

Haaha in the same vein, when someone calls it a mother's apron. I've got one of those, and have had no offspring.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Pooch. Used to describe belly overhang from having children via cs or otherwise. I don't know about elsewhere and I know this site is pretty global but In the U.K. A pooch is a dog. I assume they actually mean pouch as in where marsupials keep their offspring. I don't know why I'm not usually a spelling stickler but pooch really really gets to me

Pretty sure it's Paunch.
  • Mooma29
    Mooma29 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

Pretty sure it's Paunch.
    @stanmann571 yes I bet that's it that makes much more sense!!
  • Mooma29
    Mooma29 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    @tomteboda every days a school day I've learned something new. Still a dog to me though
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    My personal #1 is "How do I find motivation?" or anything along those lines...

Really? That's a legit question.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    beaglady wrote: »
    This isn't really a specific phrase, but I hate when someone joins an internet forum, spends zero time reading old posts to understand the culture of the place, than asks some dumb question that would have been answered in 5 minutes of reading. Ad infinitum.

This totally yes x 1 000 000
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    "Tummy"

Ugh. What are we, three years old?

14 pages in, here is mine. I've even heard someone at work say it. Yikes.