Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

What are your unpopular opinions about health / fitness?

Replies

• Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Can someone honestly tell me how these nefarious overlord conspiracy things actually work? I mean, there has to be thousands of people involved. All keeping it quiet. No leaks. Highly organised. Incredibly coordinated.

I mean, I've worked in Government, pretty high up, pretty respectable security clearance and I can honestly say - the things that they are doing *publicly*, with broad based support, resources and funding, they're... just not that good at. How the hell are these giant conspiracies working so smoothly? How has this been going for 60+ years and no one has blown the lid on it yet?

What has the government been doing for 60 years?
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    panda4153 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Regarding women and pregnancy weight gain, I think it's fair to say this. There are a lot of women out there who gain a lot more than what they really need to. Regardless of whatever amount of weight that is, there are a lot of women who gain excessively.

So do non pregnant men. What's your point?

Exactly what I was wondering in response to that statement.

Perhaps the point being made was not that non pregnant people also gain too much, but that there are women who use the pregnancy as an excuse to gain too much.

People use lots of things as an excuse for weight gain, so again I'm not sure what JasonForecaster's point was in singling out -- indeed, concern trolling, or so it seemed to me -- about pregnant women doing this. I found it rather humorous (in a way) that he did so. After all, no one asserted that pregnant women never gain too much, there's no particular reason to see pregnant women gaining weight with a pregnancy as the driving force of the obesity problem, which is much broader, and it seems odd that Jason, who is a normal or underweight single guy, last I recall, would be particularly concerned about how all these pregnant women are packing on the pounds. Well, not odd, exactly, but something.
    IRL, I would say that more than half of women I know who have become pregnant gained substantially more weight than they needed to. I don't know if that represents the population as a whole, but among those I actually know, it seems to me like it's a very common (and preventable) issue.

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,974 Member
    Can someone honestly tell me how these nefarious overlord conspiracy things actually work? I mean, there has to be thousands of people involved. All keeping it quiet. No leaks. Highly organised. Incredibly coordinated.

I mean, I've worked in Government, pretty high up, pretty respectable security clearance and I can honestly say - the things that they are doing *publicly*, with broad based support, resources and funding, they're... just not that good at. How the hell are these giant conspiracies working so smoothly? How has this been going for 60+ years and no one has blown the lid on it yet?

Yup.

And in the recently-discussed instance, a good part of the conspiracy involved "covertly" filling our foods with salt and sugar . . . which evidently we can't taste, because covert (yet somehow still addictive via flavor). SMH.

Smart as cement blocks back in the 1950s and 1960s, we were, I guess.
  • lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    Bird of a feather flock together, so what is a guide in one chat area is quackery in another. Vive la difference...and now I return to my closed group!
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    lpina2mi wrote: »
    Bird of a feather flock together, so what is a guide in one chat area is quackery in another. Vive la difference...and now I return to my closed group!

?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    lpina2mi wrote: »

K.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member

Because.... Monsanto. Not government. :open_mouth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW7Op86ox9g
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    unpopular opinion.. protein is overrated.. we dont have protein deficiencies here in the US... its all a marketing scheme..

Lol what?
This discussion has been closed.