Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Birdygirl15
    Birdygirl15 Posts: 88 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @linda-- please do keep checking in! And even if you don't want to join in the scale challenge, feel free to add a personal challenge if you think it will help you--especially if you get doctor's orders to, for example, limit sodium. That's so great that you have some "new" clothes to wear. Shopping in my own closet is absolutely my favorite part of getting fitter. :smile:

Thank you, I will probably do that. As per usual, I should have waited another day. If Helene @sand86802 sees this, and it's OK, I've lost another pound overnight, so if she likes, could record my final outcome as

Linda
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1: 293lbs

Weight -/+ this week: -2lbs
    Weight -/+ total: -10.5lbs
    Weight lost since 19th Feb: - 29lbs

Really pleased at this as it shows me as 20st 13lbs, one of those all important lower measurements, for us Brits, stones are the way we go, or weigh, if that makes sense :) I have some incomplete notes of previous weight loss attempts, and last time I saw 20st 13lbs was in Jan 2006! I doubt I got lower than that for all these years until now. What a waste of my health - stupid woman, what was I thinking? :s Anyway, water under the bridge, onwards and downwards to all of us!
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,871 Member
    Options
    Dog Days of Summer

PAWsitive Daily Tracking

Protein: goal 100g
    Activity: goal 20min
    Water: goal 8cups

Rach, 36, 297

Someday I want to get a pug dog.
    Someday I want to be at a healthy wt.
    Someday I will get a pug dog.
    Someday I will be at a healthy wt. :smile:
  • jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Ready for Summer 10 week challenge

Name: Jennie
    Height: 5' 3

Start Weight (week of April 19): 224
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 214

Weigh in week of:
    (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    1. April 26 - 223.2
    2. May 3 - 219.2
    3. May 10 - 219.2
    4. May 17 - 218.4
    5. May 24 -219.4
    6. May 31 - 217.4
    7. June 7 - 216.4
    8. June 14 - 215.6
    9. June 21 - 214.0
    10. June 28 - 213.2
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1 -213.2

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ total: -10.8
    Total weight loss: 41.8 lb

So in all truth, after hitting the gym yesterday, having a salty stew for lunch, and forgetting to weigh before my shower (long, thick wet hair weighs a lot!!) I actually weighed more this morning so I posted what I still weighed yesterday morning. I think that is being fair to myself, right??

@MermaidPrincessRach I love your Dog Days Of Summer!!! Great way to make it your own!!
  • jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Saturday Success NSV: I have logged for 150 days as of yesterday!! Wow it seems like just last week that I was at 100 days.
    I finally got a bathing suit, it's not perfect but works! I think I have figured out that along with being apple shaped, which makes things not fit right, I also have a long torso which works against me too! I require too much fabric and stretch it both directions. I measured hip bone to arm pit and no mater how much I stretch the bathing suit (while not wearing it) I can't get the side seam to be long enough, even in larger sizes. So I am wearing a sports bra under my suit to keep all the important things tucked and covered!! :D
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Ready For Summer 10-week Challenge

Name: Barney
    Height: 5' 3"

Start weight (week of April 19, 2017): 281.4 lbs
    Goal weight (Saturday July 1, 2017): Not-A-Clue lbs

Weigh-in week of:
    1. Apr 26: 280.2 lbs
    2. May 3: 276.2 lbs
    3. May 10: 285.0 lbs (binged May 5-7 & gained weight)
    4. May 17: 276.6 lbs
    5. May 24: 273.0 lbs
    6. May 31: 269.4 lbs
    7. Jun 7: 266.6 lbs
    8. Jun 14: 262.4 lbs
    9. Jun 21: 258.0 lbs
    10. Jun 28: 255.2 lbs
    Final weigh-in Jul 1: 253.8 lbs

Weight +/- this week: -1.4 lbs
    Weight +/- since start: -27.6 lbs
    (total weight lost since 1/1/2017: 63.2 lbs)
  • jamandcreamscones
    jamandcreamscones Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Dear Campfirequeen,

I love listening to all the reminiscent food and history monologue.

I realise as I'm getting older my taste is changing and I feel the urge to try foods from my past that I detested.

Apparently the food our ancestor ate had an impact on our health. I was recently involved in a gene and food project conversation. And theses conversations you are having about the desire to to eat herring/smoked fish etc... are not uncommon.

Our genes react to and behave with food we consume and that of our ancestors.

So it seems it is not just coincidence that you desire these foods your body has an instinct and a gene history related to food nutrition it needs.

Jam and cream scones.
    U.K.
  • lksmeeton
    lksmeeton Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Name: LaDana
    Height: 5'2"

Start Weight (week of April 19): 281
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 265

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 - 281
    2. May 3 - 280
    3. May 10 - 280
    4. May 17 - 277
    5. May 24 - 274
    6. May 31 - 276
    7. June 7 - 274
    8. June 14 - 270
    9. June 21 - 269
    10. June 28 - 271
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1 - 273

Weight -/+ this week: + 2
    Weight -/+ total: -8

Bummer! Not a great way to end this challenge! I have been having to much summer fun and haven't been focused. Well, least I lost some. Hopefully I will do better next time. Happy fourth everybody!
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Ready for Summer challenge

Name: Robin
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (April 19): 262.6
    Goal Weight (July 1): 249.9

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 - 261
    2. May 3 - 261
    3. May 10 - 259.4
    4. May 17 - 257.6
    5. May 24 - 255.8
    6. May 31 - 254.6
    7. June 7 - 253.8
    8. June 14 - 253.6
    9. June 21 - 252.2
    10. June 28 - 250.6
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1 - 250.0

Weight -/+ this week: -0.6
    Weight -/+ challenge total: -12.6
    Weight -/+ overall total: -35.8

Soo close! I saw the next decade flicker before the scale settled on 250 even so I know it's right around the corner!!

I had mentioned:
    I'd be more than happy to volunteer again to keep track of everyone's progress, however I will be on vacation for two weeks and will not have the abilities to keep up during that time.

So I don't think it's fair to volunteer to track if I cannot commit to tracking every week.
    @happygirlxxx - please feel free to track! :) and THANK YOU for volunteering. :D

Until next time; wishing everyone Peace B) , Love <3 and Weight Loss :smiley: !!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

I just wanted to check in my final weight this morning. No change from earlier in the week.

Saturday Success:
    I've been really diligent with my food choices this week. Even when I met some friends out on Thursday, I ordered a bison burger, fruit as the side, and only enjoyed one cocktail--a rum and diet coke (rather than the higher calorie mai tai I would have preferred).

Today I am off to see Dead & Co. at Wrigley Field. We will have dinner out beforehand, and I'm sure some drinks throughout the night, but all of the dancing and walking should make up for any indulgences. Plus, I was almost 500 calories under budget yesterday, and though I don't intend to use them, it's nice to have the cushion.

Name: Karen
    Height: 5' 7"

Start Weight (week of May 24): 199.8
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 193

Weigh in week of:
    5. May 24 -199.8
    6. May 31 - 202.5
    7. June 7 - 201.6
    8. June 14 - 200.2
    9. June 21 - 199.6
    10. June 28 - 197
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1 - 197

Weight -/+ this week: -2.6
    Weight -/+ total: - 2.8
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Ready for Summer 10 week challenge

Name: Barb

Start Weight (week of April 19): 226.2 lbs
    Goal Weight (week of June 28) 210 lbs
    Weigh in week of:

1. April 26 - 224.6
    2. May 3 - 224.8
    3. May 10 – 220.2
    4. May 17 – 222.0
    5. May 24 – 217.6
    6. May 31 – 217.2
    7. June 7 – 216.0
    8. June 14 – 217.4
    9. June 21 – 216.2
    10. June 28 – 215.6
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1 – 215.6

Weight -/+ this week: -.6
    Weight -/+ total this challenge: -10.6
    Total Weight Lost: 42.4

I didn't make my goal but I'm still happy with the loss, averaging about 1 pounds a week. Hopefully, for the next challenge I can step is up a little and average higher per week.

As I the read the posts if seems to me that both @RobinB0812 and @happygirlxxx have problems with being the recorder for the next challenge, i.e. Robin will miss two weeks entirely and Happy Girl (sorry I don't know your name) is in the process of relocating! I know Niki also offered to record and I'm wondering if at this point that might work better for Happy Girl and Robin (who has recently posted that she doesn't think it's fair for her to record). Happy Girl I may be reading something that isn't there but I got the impression that this might not be the best time for you to volunteer to record and that maybe you felt obligated, even though you would rather do it for a different challenge. If you really want to do it, that's great, but if not I believe that Niki would step up. Is that correct @Nikion901 ?

I love these challenges, I think they are really keeping me motivated to post lower numbers each week (hopefully, LOL). I am going to add an exercise to mine also, just a challenge for myself to do SOMETHING/ANYTHING fitness wise 5 out of 7 days a week. Plus, drinking at minimum of 64 ounces of water/fluid a day.

Thank you Helene for the wonderful job you did tracking for us this challenge!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    No @bapcarrier ... I did not offer to record. I started the weight loss challenge in February, our first one, and passed it on to the posters to start another challenge and/or carry it on, which was done by @sand86802 ... so it seems only right that a third person steps up to record our progress. .... you know, 'carry the torch forward'.

If no one wants to take on the task of moderating, then it can be a challenge where we just report what we want and let it go at that .... which is pretty much how our challenges used to run at one time ... ACTUALLY, at the time we started the second round challenge, there were a couple of other folks who said they could keep tabs, sorry, I don't recall who, but Helene went on with it, so she won out on that 'privilege'.

Yes, I think it is a privilege to moderate the challenges ... because you are kind of more on the hook in some subconcious way, at least that's how I felt when I moderated it. And, yes, I am a bookeeper at heart so numbers facinate me in a way they don't other people. For some reason, both mathematics and art are my 'thing'. I'm just a spacy numbers cruncher ... guess maybe I'm an 'air-head'.
    :)<3:D
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @bapcarrier no worries, my name is Ana. I can keep track for the group this new challenge. I will be in a different time zone, so most likely you will see the weekly updates the following morning that you would be expecting them, but I don't see that as a big issue. And true, I am relocating, but it wont be too crazy (hopefully!!).

I am not a bookeeper, but I am not that bad with numbers ... I know a lot of people think that if you are in Human Resources (like myself) most likely you suck with numbers, but so far I have managed (at least the payrolls are correct :wink: )

So, anyone else who wants to track? Speak up!!! This is your opportunity :smiley: And I agree with @Nikion901 its a privilege to do this, not an obligation ... what a great way to help keep everyone motivated with their journey? Just returning the positive energy I received from the group!

I saw a posting with a name for it, was it Summer Heat? and also several suggestion in addition of weight that we should track ... which I think it was still not finally set, right? So, options could be:

1. Weight
    2. Steps (if you don't have a fitbit or similar, can be done with your cellphone - I use my iphone to track steps and it links to MFP)
    3. Water
    4. Number of days / Minutes we exercise per week
    5. Humber of days you reached your macros?

So anyway, let me know what the group decision is so I can prepare myself!

Its hot today in NJ, so need to keep myself hydrated and ready to enjoy being outdoors!

Have a great weekend!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Thanks @happygirlxxx ... it's like a saying I once heard "Ask a busy person to do something and it gets done". Thank you for being willing to track this next phase of our weight-loss challenge.

It was @skinnyjeanzbound who made a suggestion for OPTIONAL additional reporting. However, I don't believe there was an intent to track those optionals. They were left wide open to everyone to choose one or more, or to make up their own optional challenge items.

My opinion is only mandatory items get tracked ... and that is our weight. All the optional 'other' items should be reported on by the individuals themselves and everyone can report a cumulative number if that is their wish.

Now, if it is your desire to track those ... well, bless your heart ... .go for it in any way you decide .... after all, that's one of the perks of being moderator! You get to choose how you do your math, and what else you want to toss in to the ring for the challenge. So, go for it! >:)
  • cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Name: cellosmiles

Start Weight (Apr27): 248
    Goal Weight (July 1): 228 - see my husband again

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 - 248
    2. May 3 - 243
    3. May 10 - 240