Options

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    7/1 - Rest Day
    7/2 -Rest Day
    7/3 - Rest Day
    7/4 - 2.98 (Based on Garmin distance) for local 5K… time was 26:22; not a PR at all, but I haven't run at all since 6/24 and won't be fat adapted for awhile yet. Considering these circumstances, I'm not too unhappy.

exercise.png

Upcoming Races:
    7/4/17 - Miner 5K
    7/29/17 - Dr. Dash 10K
    10/21/17 - Oregon Trail Run HM
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @pastorvincent small world so basically at one point, you, me and @stoshew71 probably lived within 10 miles of each other ha ha. From 1985 until 2007 I lived in Brick, Neptune and Beachwood. Lots of friends in Toms River so I spent a lot of time there.

Sounds like it. From 75-83 I lived in Silverton, then after that in Toms River until 1996. So definite overlap. My wife lived in Neptune for a while, then moved to Toms River where we met (at Sea Court movie theater).
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Going for 60 again this month as it's going to be another busy month. Oh and Happy 4th of July to you guys! I remember being on Nantucket Island on the 4th July back in 1996!

04/07 3.79miles

exercise.png

• RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Happy 4th of July to all the Americans here! I celebrated by running 4 on the 4th. Well, 4.5 to be exact. It was hot and muggy and there were people everywhere, so it was kind of a sucky run, but my hip was surprisingly OK. Probably because I gave it a good roll on a real foam roller at the gym yesterday instead of the pool noodle I call a foam roller at home.

Had to modify my route because it was apparent that a parade was about to happen in the downtown area, judging by all the people and police cars blocking the street. I smelled many barbecues and also a little bit of marijuana.

So the hip is holding up, as long as I keep my runs relatively short for now. I guess taking the weekend off helped after all.
  • RespectTheKitty
    Options
    Well, I managed to run 4.5 miles today. Garmin was once again way behind the treadmill and thinks I only ran 4.3 miles. It's been badly underestimating my pace and heart rate lately. I know I got above 127 bpm but Garmin says that was my highest rate. Even on the bike when I was pedaling my heart out, it only registered like 120 bpm.

So I'm starting to wonder if maybe my Garmin is having issues. It seems to do okay when I'm outdoors, but not inside on the treadmill. Then again, I did have that really fast walking mile so maybe it's off there too? I don't know.

What I do is to swing my arms harder when the treadmill is reporting a mile split before the Garmin and try to hold them a little more still when the treadmill is behind. I'm convinced that my super-steady 180 bpm cadence is making a little trouble when I play with the speed. Or you could manually set the stride length if it's a consistent error rate.

I do notice that the pace gets a little more accurate when I make sure to swing my arms when I'm running on the treadmill. My pace tends to be a little slower than outdoors so maybe my HR isn't getting up to where it normally gets when I'm outdoors. There are so many variables, it's hard to tell. I do know that it was fine with pace and HR today on my outdoor run.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    1---6.38
    2---4.25
    4---2.90 park map says 2.9 miles, Garmin 2.74

13.53/70

Upcoming races

AIM for the Cure- 5K, virual run
    July 8- XTERRA Jurassic Trail Run, 5K.  Glen Rose,TX
    Dec 2- POOP trail run, Hoping for a half! Norman OK.

Pre-op PR's
    1 mile 8:27  5k 24:42. 10k 1:00.52.  HM 2:17.28
    Post-op Training PR's
    1 mile 10:11  5k 34.27 10k 1:20.25
  • RespectTheKitty
    Options
    Speaking of hot dogs... I am quite spoiled as I live near Chicago and we have THE best hot dogs here. Vienna beef only for me, with yellow mustard, celery salt, tomato, pickle and sport peppers. Oh, and you can't forget the neon green relish! I usually hold the onions as I am not a fan of them.

OK, now I need to go to Portillo's.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Re: Hot dogs... what have I started? :lol: I prefer my hot dogs Italian style like they serve on the boardwalks in NJ, but eh, mostly I just cook them occasionally due to simplicity and speed. All beef only. No HFCS or CS allowed. Getting harder to find, but can still be found.

@skippygirlsmom moved out of NJ over two decades ago.. so Pork Roll is a rare treat now. Pork Roll Egg and Cheese on a Cinamon Raisin bagel is my choice of poison. :)

I live in NJ. I have never had a pork roll. I am now vegan so never will. I don't feel I've ever missed anything. Perhaps because, while born in NJ, I live in WI from the age of 8 to 20. Then back to NJ. So missed the formative pork roll years.
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Ah, a day off. Feels good! back to running tomorrow
  • Oberon21
    Options
    7/2 4.5
    7/4 5.0 total 9.5

exercise.png

• autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    After taking the scissors to my Mizuno's, I am pleased to report that they no longer threaten my toenails. They feel wierd AF to wear with my toes hanging out, but I am confident that a little more crafting can improve them even more. I plan to add a slightly larger patch to each toe than the fabric I cut out - I just haven't decided if I want to use a wildly contrasting fabric, or try to disguise the fact that I'm modifying my shoes.

exercise.png

7/1 - 3.4 miles
    7/2 - 4 miles
    7/3 - 7 miles
    7/4 - 4.25 miles

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp Cool pictures, but are you committing one of the deadly sins of running and... dare I say it... CLENCHING YOUR FISTS? :lol:
  • Oberon21
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    7/2 4.5
    7/4 5.0 total 9.5

exercise.png

This is seriously annoying. In the browser based version this says 9.5 miles. Why does it not here?

exercise.png

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,013 Member
    Options
    7/2 4.5
    7/4 5.0 total 9.5

exercise.png

This is seriously annoying. In the browser based version this says 9.5 miles. Why does it not here?

exercise.png

Sometimes it takes a while to update. I don't know why. Mine does that sometimes, but it catches up eventually.
  • harmonyashlyn5
    harmonyashlyn5 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    7/3: 2.1
    7/4: 1.6

Total: 3.7/50