July 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    @cburke8909 and @_nikkiwolf_ thank you, I'm not ratting crappy food, I used to be a chip aholic but now I eat quite healthy and can not stomach anything fried, so I have apples, bananas, Rita chips, ritz bitz, whole wheat bread, gatorade, pretzels, pastry crisps and pasta makings, and cherry slices (the gummy candy), oatmeal, and some other stuff, but after pre logging my intake tomorrow, I'm only at 200g carbs, I think if I eat more, I'll puke
    @angmarie28 That's why I suggested drinking sweet stuff ;)
    This year I got 134g of carbs from smoothies & juice that I drank instead of water the day before the race. Last year 91g from smoothies & juice, plus another 90g from coca cola (most of that from half a litre in the evening when I realised I hadn't hit my 450g carb goal, and it was the only thing the hotel vending machine had to offer...).
    I only did the carb loading the day before that race, not starting in the middle of the week before. I don't think I could eat like that for multiple days in a row; but I think my one-day-strategy worked well for me.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    I am still working on losing weight as I increase miles and have recently surpassed the 50lb lost mark. Still have another 10-15 to go. Oh well, at least I got the miles in. Hope everyone is staying healthy.

Hey! Great job!! Congrats!
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    4.1 miles 6x1minute hill repeats with 2 minutes recovery. May have gone too hard on the hills but I'm new to this workout and my heart rate monitor doesn't arrive until next week. It felt good to run. Not sure I picked a long enough hill with enough incline but I think it will do for now. Committed to getting in the strength training this afternoon.

exercise.png

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    cburke8909 wrote: »
    4.1 miles 6x1minute hill repeats with 2 minutes recovery. May have gone too hard on the hills but I'm new to this workout and my heart rate monitor doesn't arrive until next week. It felt good to run. Not sure I picked a long enough hill with enough incline but I think it will do for now. Committed to getting in the strength training this afternoon.

exercise.png

which one did you get?
  • SweetSassyJen
    SweetSassyJen Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    July goal 60 miles

July 6: 5.23 miles

July total: 15.26/60 miles
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent What was the issue you were having with Strava?

I noticed on the last few runs I am seeing a difference in Milage between Strava and Garmin. For instance Tuesday Strava showed 3.3 and Garmin showed 2.8 miles. Today Strava showed 3.7 and Garmin showed 3.4 miles. Anyone else have this issue?
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,988 Member
    Options
    @kimlight2 Happy Birthday! I get what you mean about moving up in an age group. The last 5K I ran I was 4th in my AG. But I was faster than the woman who won the next age group. For just a few minutes I was wishing that I was already 50 instead of 49.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Happy birthday @kimlight2 ! I pay no attention to Strava. If Garmin is wrong, I just accept it.

ETA I have seen any differences other than the calories and Strava truncating the hundredths place.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @kimlight2 !
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent I got the under amour heart rate monitor the chest strap type. I'm hoping it will sync well as my applications are all UA. I was able to analyze the workout. It looks like I was wrong about the time and perhaps the pace. The times were suppose to be a minute but there were closer to 1:20 and the pace was suppose to be zone 5.5-6. At a pace of close to 7:00 minutes a mile I'd say I was above zone 6. What does a marathon simulation run mean in the 80/20 running plan, do I run 26.2 that day?
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    cburke8909 wrote: »
    @PastorVincent I got the under amour heart rate monitor the chest strap type. I'm hoping it will sync well as my applications are all UA. I was able to analyze the workout. It looks like I was wrong about the time and perhaps the pace. The times were suppose to be a minute but there were closer to 1:20 and the pace was suppose to be zone 5.5-6. At a pace of close to 7:00 minutes a mile I'd say I was above zone 6. What does a marathon simulation run mean in the 80/20 running plan, do I run 26.2 that day?

I don't have the book in front of me to reference but I believe he means running a certain number of miles at your marathon race pace (not the distance).