P90X Classic Starting June 6th, Who's in?

Options

Replies

• DeadZip2010
    DeadZip2010 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the positive feedback and encouragement. I cant wait till the end of the 90 days so we all get to see how much hard work we have all put in.

This week has been off for me too, small world. with tons of work stress and trying to move my rep ranges from around 10 to between 6-8 my body is dragging its feet. haha.

has anyone else seems to find a platue on their pull ups? i started out with 7 each set on chest and back and im up to 10 each set, but on legs and back days i started out doing 10, little break around 7, and now im still only doing ten, just without the break. should i push it harder and try for a few extra after i drop from the bar and shake my arms out? what do you think?
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the positive feedback and encouragement. I cant wait till the end of the 90 days so we all get to see how much hard work we have all put in.

This week has been off for me too, small world. with tons of work stress and trying to move my rep ranges from around 10 to between 6-8 my body is dragging its feet. haha.

has anyone else seems to find a platue on their pull ups? i started out with 7 each set on chest and back and im up to 10 each set, but on legs and back days i started out doing 10, little break around 7, and now im still only doing ten, just without the break. should i push it harder and try for a few extra after i drop from the bar and shake my arms out? what do you think?

When I got into the final phase I noticed a plateau for pull ups also. I'm not sure if I wasn't eating enough, exhausted, or what exactly. But I believe I found myself actually decreasing in reps the final week. It was quite frustrating.

Also, with back and biceps especially, I have noticed if I really push myself hard in the biceps portion of the workout, my pull ups will suffer. So there is that to figure into the equation. How are your biceps exercises coming along? If they are still increasing that may be the cause of your pull ups stalling.

I would suggest doing your max without a break, then use the chair for a few more. That's what I did. Just don't cheat too much with the chair.
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Y'all ready for phase 3????!!! Let's bring this home strong guys!
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    had a rough week last week, but im back on track.

Day 57 is done with chest/back, ab rippers and TF=ab 10 class, plus jumping on the trampoline.

thursday is pic and measurement day.
  • swinginchandra
    Options
    me too syd, I think I ended up wimping out on yoga, and phoning in a lot of the stuff...

Man, I'd missed chest and back. That's a good work out. No knees ladies, no knees.
  • skinnylizzy5
    Options
    How are you guys doing with the "no girly push ups" goal? I am proud to say I did all regular push ups today! I averaged between 12-15 for each exercise. I definitely didn't go as deep into the movement as I did when doing modified push ups but it's a start. I was really proud of myself which is motivating to push harder.

Thanks for hanging in guys, such a great motivator to have others in the program!
  • bootlebop1979
    Options
    I have a confession..........I fell off the wagon a long time ago =\ I have been following you all on here. Everyone is doing GREAT! I am glad I have been checking in from time to time because it made me get my butt back into gear! Last night marks day 1(again) for me =) I was really starting to tell that I was letting myself go. Last night’s workout was rough and the entire time I was asking myself “why did I do this to myself?”. However, afterwards, I felt great! I wish I could just remind myself how great it makes me feel the next time I want to put off the exercises and then find myself not doing them at all. Ugh. So, back to square one for me BUT, SO happy to be back!!!
  • swinginchandra
    Options
    How are you guys doing with the "no girly push ups" goal? I am proud to say I did all regular push ups today! I averaged between 12-15 for each exercise. I definitely didn't go as deep into the movement as I did when doing modified push ups but it's a start. I was really proud of myself which is motivating to push harder.

Thanks for hanging in guys, such a great motivator to have others in the program!

I did it too!! YAY! My chest feels like I pushed it through a cheese grater yesterday. On everything but diamond and military, I can do 20-25 reps. On diamond and military, with good form, I can do 10, and then not so low for another 5. I was proud of myself for sure!

I'm don't feel like I'm getting any closer to being able to do unassisted pullups. I've taken to using a medicine ball instead of a chair (less stable), and I think I'm going to start picking up my feet for the pull down part.

Speaking of the medicine ball, this is OT, but if you guys want an added challenge for legs and back, there are a number of ways you can use it to make it way harder.

1) Wall squats - any time you're doing wall squats, do it on a medicine ball instead of the wall.
    2) Balance lunges - put your foot on the medicine ball instead of a chair. MUCH harder!

Oh, and after a week off, Ab-ripper felt actually easy for the first time... I'm definitely getting core plus in a few weeks.

Amy
  • skinnylizzy5
    Options
    bootlebop - We're glad you're back!! The daily motivation is the hardest part for me but you're so right, it feels great when you're done!

Amy you're doing great with the push ups!! I am still using my bands for the pull ups but I think I need to get some heavier bands or a pull up bar.

Have a great day everyone!
  • chazdiezal
    chazdiezal Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've been using bands attached to the pullup bar for assisted chin-ups. I've been able to gradually decrease the amount of resistance in the bands and now I'm down to one (30lb) band. I think another week or so I'll be able to graduate to pullups with no help. I'm trying to enjoy recovery week (X stretch tonight) as much as I can before phase 3 starts on Sat. We're coming down the home stretch guys...
  • syd1980
    Options
    Day 58 is done with plyo....i cant believe im saying this but im starting to like this one.

feels my arms today. when i did chest/back yesterday. my arms felt weak at first. im still having to go to my knees during pushups. working on my form and making sure the elbow is where is supposed to be.
  • skinnylizzy5
    Options
    I kind of like plyo too - pretty strange after the first week when I thought I was going to die!

Shoulders/Arms today. I am liking returning to some older workouts - they feel new again. Let's bring it!
  • bootlebop1979
    Options
    I needed to check-in to say that I completed Day 2 last night! WOW! Really feeling it. But, it means I was workin' it =) Feeling great again.....other than the fact I'm having a hard time taking my bra off(sorry guys) or lifting my arms to put my deodorant on OUCH!!!!!!!!....LOL!

I hope that logging here will keep me accountable!!
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    Am I the only one burning about 400 calories on average?
  • syd1980
    Options

i average 400-500 on the strength training. plyo is about 600. yoga is 300-380.

Day 59 is done with shoulders/arms . ab rippers will be in the morning .

pics/measurements tomorrow.
  • syd1980
    Options
    I needed to check-in to say that I completed Day 2 last night! WOW! Really feeling it. But, it means I was workin' it =) Feeling great again.....other than the fact I'm having a hard time taking my bra off(sorry guys) or lifting my arms to put my deodorant on OUCH!!!!!!!!....LOL!

I hope that logging here will keep me accountable!!

lol i have them days, feels like exercise trying to get my bra off after a good arm workout. your doing great and logging does help alot . it made me more accountable for doing my workout.
  • chazdiezal
    chazdiezal Posts: 87 Member
    Options

Ten, I feel ya...When I first started I averaged in the high 4's now I'm only getting in the high 3's low 4's....and its not because I'm working any less...
  • swinginchandra
    Options
    arms + shoulders and ab rippers... It definitely is fun revisiting the old workouts again! I like that one, it goes by really quickly. Man, watching my arms in the mirror these days I feel like an amazon! Whoever said women couldn't build muscle on a calorie deficit hasn't seen my pecs or triceps recently...
  • kripley1229
    Options
    arms + shoulders and ab rippers... It definitely is fun revisiting the old workouts again! I like that one, it goes by really quickly. Man, watching my arms in the mirror these days I feel like an amazon! Whoever said women couldn't build muscle on a calorie deficit hasn't seen my pecs or triceps recently...

You are getting me excited for next week! I'm in the middle of week 8 (recovery week) X stretch for me today.
  • swinginchandra
    Options
    after last nights workout, I kept waking up in the middle of the night with my arms feeling like jello...not looking forward to the pushups in yoga tonight.