Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

What are your unpopular opinions about health / fitness?

Options

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    ..precariously close to being too unpopular. Uh. edit. . .
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,044 Member
    Options

Rats. ;)
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    My unpopular for the day is that people just like to hear themselves type. They'll argue just to be contrarians.

*tap*tap*tap*tappity*tap
    I sympathise with that. My neighbours would be legally entitled to complain if I banged out a rhythm on an actual drum kit at times of peak forum activity. Must be a common issue.

Bloody people, wanting peace and quiet.

• HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options

And I missed it. :heartbreak:
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Rats. ;)

Well, I've been around here for a minute. :lol: My thought was valid - trust me!! I just don't want to have to defend it: and considering what I was quoting and replying to...I'll just show myself out without that aggravation.

Sunday is a day of rest, dincha know? It is said a man is considered wise who holds his tongue. :no_mouth::innocent:

Wise indeed! If only I could acquire such wisdom...... (sigh) :/
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,044 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Rats. ;)

Well, I've been around here for a minute. :lol: My thought was valid - trust me!! I just don't want to have to defend it: and considering what I was quoting and replying to...I'll just show myself out without that aggravation.

Sunday is a day of rest, dincha know? It is said a man is considered wise who holds his tongue. :no_mouth::innocent:

Well, we can speculate on things you might have started to say, can't we? ;)

Sometimes holding one's tongue is hard work.

Ghaaa! Yer workin' on Sunday! Workin' on Sunday!!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    wmd1979 wrote: »
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    What I do is basically have women's multivitamin pills, oatmeal, protein, and bananas in the morning. That usually stops me from eating things that cause me to overindulge throughout the day. My snacks, lunches, and dinners consist of a mixture of foods. That way I am not eating repetitively so much. Foods high in vitamins, minerals, and protein are what I scavenge for. I try to have foods that are not genetically modified, processed so much, and doesn't have too much sugar, fat, etc. to insure my body.

don't have a varied diet do you then if that is one of the conditions...

Something can be varied and still exclude certain things. Varied does not necessarily mean all inclusive, it just means that it incorporates a number of different types or elements. I'm fairly certain your diet probably has conditions as well, or would you literally eat anything?

I actually mean the GMO/Processed as most of the food we consume has a GMO ingredient in it or is processed in some way...

My WoE really doesn't have conditions except it has to be classed as food (some where on the planet)...and the only other condition is I have to like it....unless I am starving and I will eat stuff I don't like.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    What I do is basically have women's multivitamin pills, oatmeal, protein, and bananas in the morning. That usually stops me from eating things that cause me to overindulge throughout the day. My snacks, lunches, and dinners consist of a mixture of foods. That way I am not eating repetitively so much. Foods high in vitamins, minerals, and protein are what I scavenge for. I try to have foods that are not genetically modified, processed so much, and doesn't have too much sugar, fat, etc. to insure my body.

don't have a varied diet do you then if that is one of the conditions...

You don't have to have Cheeto's, pop, etc to have a varied diet.

Someone who avoids processed food is going to be eliminating a lot more than Cheetos and soda, especially if they are also eliminating foods that are higher in sugar and fat as well.

Agreed. I think some of the disagreement here will be on how individuals define "processed" and "sugar". By sugar, I mean added vs natural and that whole argument :).
This discussion has been closed.