Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

What are your unpopular opinions about health / fitness?

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    edited September 2017
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    I witnessed cake culturalism yesterday. I attended a meeting where one of the participants brought in donuts for his birthday, and wow, were people ever excited. People were coming and going from the meeting, and those joining late were told that it was Joe's birthday and that they better get a donut before it was too late.

Being a guest and an unfamiliar face, I was asked to get a donut maybe 4-5 times by different people. Towards lunch, there seemed to be some anxiety that I was going to experience deep regret if I didn't claim a donut for myself. It didn't fit into my eating plan yesterday so I politely declined and no one overtly judged me. It seemed like maybe some felt sorry for me because I didn't know what I was missing and that I was foolishly declining an amazing opportunity, as if I was rejecting some rare and exotic food that I would never have the chance to experience again.

I have several more meetings scheduled with this group in the future, so I think that I will just put a donut on a plate, cover it with a napkin, and leave it on the table during the meeting. I think that will make certain people feel better.

This is hilarious--I am cracking up over this. Were they, like, Dunkin Donuts, or were they actually something special? Because if they were comparable to the doughnuts known as "Amish Crack" around here, I can understand the concern that you experience the awesomeness.

Those Amish donuts are crack.... Now I want to take a trip to Reading Terminal Market.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    jdlobb wrote: »
    @piperdown44
    I should tell my co-workers that I'm entering the chili contest with a chili made of fruit and seeds and record their reactions.

If it has beans it's not chili. It's stew.

If it doesn't have beans it's not chili, it's hot dog or pasta sauce.

Texas chili has no beans in it.

Texans do it wrong.

This is the unpopular opinions thread. I personally don't discriminate against any chili.

Neither do I. I love hot dog chili too. ;)
  • Chef_Barbell
    @piperdown44
    I should tell my co-workers that I'm entering the chili contest with a chili made of fruit and seeds and record their reactions.

Texans do it wrong.

This is the unpopular opinions thread. I personally don't discriminate against any chili.

Me too, I put both kinds on my hot dogs. ;)
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    I witnessed cake culturalism yesterday. I attended a meeting where one of the participants brought in donuts for his birthday, and wow, were people ever excited. People were coming and going from the meeting, and those joining late were told that it was Joe's birthday and that they better get a donut before it was too late.

Being a guest and an unfamiliar face, I was asked to get a donut maybe 4-5 times by different people. Towards lunch, there seemed to be some anxiety that I was going to experience deep regret if I didn't claim a donut for myself. It didn't fit into my eating plan yesterday so I politely declined and no one overtly judged me. It seemed like maybe some felt sorry for me because I didn't know what I was missing and that I was foolishly declining an amazing opportunity, as if I was rejecting some rare and exotic food that I would never have the chance to experience again.

I have several more meetings scheduled with this group in the future, so I think that I will just put a donut on a plate, cover it with a napkin, and leave it on the table during the meeting. I think that will make certain people feel better.

This is hilarious--I am cracking up over this. Were they, like, Dunkin Donuts, or were they actually something special? Because if they were comparable to the doughnuts known as "Amish Crack" around here, I can understand the concern that you experience the awesomeness.

Those Amish donuts are crack.... Now I want to take a trip to Reading Terminal Market.

I've heard about that guy, but it's been a while since I've been to downtown Philly so I have yet to inspect his wares. Are they the super-light yeast ones, dipped in caramel and sprinkled with powdered sugar? I do get a little jittery just thinking about them. The ones I get have very few outlets, but the Amish Mafia is starting to expand into Chicago. If they think they have trouble with pop, holy crap, wait till these hit the streets.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    @piperdown44

Texans do it wrong.

Have you had Cincinnati style?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    @piperdown44

Texans do it wrong.

I have once and that cinnamon flavor is an interesting take. Not something I normally go for but pretty good.
  • Chef_Barbell

I've heard about that guy, but it's been a while since I've been to downtown Philly so I have yet to inspect his wares. Are they the super-light yeast ones, dipped in caramel and sprinkled with powdered sugar? I do get a little jittery just thinking about them. The ones I get have very few outlets, but the Amish Mafia is starting to expand into Chicago. If they think they have trouble with pop, holy crap, wait till these hit the streets.

They are sold by the Amish people themselves and they have like 4 booths at the Market for various items. Their soft pretzels are also crack. The donuts are yeast and fried with a bunch of different flavors to choose from. I personally like the bacon caramel one.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    @piperdown44

Texans do it wrong.

I will put chili w beans on a hot dog if that is all there is, but I find it weird. I don't like dogs without chili. I'd rather skip the wiener than the chili.
  • Carlos_421
    @piperdown44

Texans do it wrong.

I have once and that cinnamon flavor is an interesting take. Not something I normally go for but pretty good.

I like the mild tang it gives it.
    Of course, Cincinnati chili is only intended to be eaten on hot dogs, spaghetti or fries, never as a dish all it's own.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    Chili must have beans or it is not chili.

No - if you put beans or anything else in it you are making soup or stew (depending on how thick you make the stock).

49 other states disagree with you.

They are welcome to their own opinions, however wrong they may be :smiley:
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member

Krispy Kreme - good donuts, but not exactly life-changing.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    @piperdown44

Texans do it wrong.

Is that with cinnamon?
  • Chef_Barbell
    @piperdown44

Texans do it wrong.

I like the mild tang it gives it.
    Of course, Cincinnati chili is only intended to be eaten on hot dogs, spaghetti or fries, never as a dish all it's own.

Yessss spaghetti noodles with Cincy chili, cheese and raw onions on top is the ticket.
  • Carlos_421
    @piperdown44

Texans do it wrong.

Is that with cinnamon?

Or nutmeg, depending on which restaurant you go to.
    It's not an overwhelming flavor. Just a hint.
    The key to good Cincy chili is the texture.
  • Carlos_421

Krispy Kreme - good donuts, but not exactly life-changing.

Now there is an unpopular opinion.
This discussion has been closed.