Married and flirty....?

Options

Replies

• rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I'm from an old country mining town, lol they're ain't no swing clubs around here. I got a gas station that's it.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    And to everyone I never said open marriages weren't okay. I said if your spouse doesn't know it's a problem. But if your spouse is okay with it do your thing. We all have different limits and different things we'd be into. I'm old fashion so I wouldn't ever be able to do that! but you guys can and more power to you guys for that level!
  • Corprina
    Corprina Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Ironandwine69 that's why I said above if your spouse is okay with it, do your thing. But if they aren't and you're hiding it then it's a problem. But hey to each their own.
    No spouse is okay with it.

Mine is and I am.
    Ironandwine69 that's why I said above if your spouse is okay with it, do your thing. But if they aren't and you're hiding it then it's a problem. But hey to each their own.
    No spouse is okay with it.

Mine is and I am.

So is mine and I.
    Happily married, been together for 12 years.

Don't worry, some people just can't wrap their heads around the idea that other people think and live differently than they do.

EXACTLY ... AND THAT GOES BOTH WAYS! No judgments, no assumptions, no one is pathetic and everyone has different views.
  • 150_lbs_by_2019
    150_lbs_by_2019 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Flirting is cheating of the heart and if you think it's harmless, you're wrong. I guarantee unless you are in an open relationship in which you and your wife are allowed to f@#k around on one another, there will be harm. Your wife will begin to lose all trust in you and always wonder if you're cheating around on her. She will analyze every female you have contact with and worry if that is the one you're screwing behind her back.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    @Runner1393 yes thank you for putting that up!
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    Lmao I doubt it. I've worked night shift and never seen a soul in it or by it after it closes.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Lmao I doubt it. I've worked night shift and never seen a soul in it or by it after it closes.

Pneumatic lifts and power tools for the win.

.... hopefully there's a vending machine or two as well.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    Lol no one asks to pump your gas. You're lucky if you see a soul there when it's open lmao
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Flirting is cheating of the heart and if you think it's harmless, you're wrong. I guarantee unless you are in an open relationship in which you and your wife are allowed to f@#k around on one another, there will be harm. Your wife will begin to lose all trust in you and always wonder if you're cheating around on her. She will analyze every female you have contact with and worry if that is the one you're screwing behind her back.

Short answer..... dunno.

There are different levels to most everything, including flirting and how others react is probably just as varied.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    I grew up in a small town..I know what 'can I pump your gas Mam' really means...

How do you feel about a complimentary oil change and lube job?
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I can't agree with those who say flirting is cheating. I think flirting can be very innocent or if the intent behind it us to hook up can lead to cheating.

I think flirting can lead to more things but in itself it is mostly harmless. That being said my wife has seen me flirt if a friendly manner and its nothing to her. Flirting is the fine and hooking up is the cheating part. I wont go into open relationships and swinging because they is something I have no experience with.
  • fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Runner1393 wrote: »
    fjmartini wrote: »
    I think it boils down to ego. People who get upset about their SO flirting are subconsciously worried about the bruising their ego might take. My wife is touchy about it to a degree but she knows I'm "flirty." I don't set out to do it but apparently I flirt. I couldn't care less if guys look at her or she is flirty with someone else by chance. I can't and wouldn't want to control her in any way so I don't worry about the "what ifs."

It doesn’t all come down to ego; sometimes it comes down to religion and ones belief system. I wouldn’t be in an open marriage bc my faith says it’s wrong and condemns it. Flirting isn’t harmless when you believe lusting is wrong. If one believes that the sole purpose of a marriage is to glorify their creator and be a representation of Christ’s love for the church, that cant in good conscience be defiled. For me it has nothing to do with ego, but what I believe is right and wrong. And everyone will believe differently. Xoxoxo

Fair point. The reason I said ego is because of an individuals definition of flirtation. I could say you have a nice smile and not think I'm flirting. You might interpret that as a flirtations comment while another women might think it's just a random compliment. I don't mean ego in general terms; ego based on the individuals ideals. To say 'flirt' as a blanket term and then to ask if it's cheating asks someone to define a subjective ideal with an objective statement.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Being married and flirting. Like it's okay if you have admirers or whatever but when you step it up a notch and are flirting knowing your spouse would not be okay with it, if your spouse is okay with it, do your thing. But if she or he doesn't know or you gotta hide it, it's cheating.

Welcome to MFP. There's a widespread culture of cheating.
This discussion has been closed.